12th May 2013, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is CA entrance exam compulsory after 12th?

Is c.a entrance exam compulsory after 12th?....please tell me the details

Related Questions:
  1. Is CA entrance exam compulsory after 12th?
  2. Required Qualification to get admission for Aeronautical Engineering? Require percentage in 12th class and competitive exam to get admission for this course?
  3. Is the entrance exam for M.Com compulsory for everyone? What is the syllabus?
  4. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for B.A economics exam
  5. Is it compulsory to pass the 12th examination to appear for bank exam? Books which I should refer? What are the documents required?
  6. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What type of entrance test is JBT? What kind of question appear in it? Is 75% marks compulsory in 12th board? From where to get the application forms and what is the fee structure for admission into JBT?
  8. Difference between BSc(EMCS and PMCS) and BCA?
  9. Is it compulsory to pass in practical exam of 12th science to clear the PCB subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Books to be referred for preparation for medical entrance exam? Is Maths compulsory for studies?
  11. Information about BSc Nursing course?
  12. Is it compulsory to attend entrance exam for joining in Nautical Science after 12th?
  13. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture
  14. Is it compulsory to give the entrance exam for LLB?
  15. Can I apply for JEE if passed higher secondary examination in vocational +2 scheme? -- [New]
  16. What's the Eligibility Criteria for Common Entrance test(Admission in Medical Branch) & PMT this year? Is it compulsory to give Exam for getting admission in medical colleges of Gujarat?
  17. Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate
  18. Is it compulsory to complete diploma after 12th? I am studying in 12th standard
13th May 2013, 07:51 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is CA entrance exam compulsory after 12th?

Hi Friend................

If you are intrested to become an CA?

This is the procedure for become an Chartered Accountant

Procedure to become an Chartered Accountant

Pass CPT examination

Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)

Complete 9 months of Study Course.

Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT).

Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week).

Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).

Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.

Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed.

Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training.

Pass both the Groups of Final examination.

Get Final Examination Certificate.

Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable

Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skill

Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as "Chartered Accountant"
13th May 2013, 01:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are 12th pass then you have to appear for CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test).

CA CPT is exempted only for Graduates in Commerce with 50% marks or Graduates in Non Commerce subjects with 60% marks.

So you are not Graduate hence you have to appear for CPT and qualify it to get entry into CA course.

CA CPT is conducted twice in a year and it will have questions from following subjects:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Laws

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude Test

CPT will be of 2 hours duration and will have objective type questions of 200 marks. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.

Securing 50% marks is necessary to qualify CA CPT.

For more information download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CA Procedure.pdf(48.6 KB, 87 views)
13th May 2013, 02:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Common Proficiency Test is necessary after clearing 12th standard if you want to become Chartered Accountant. There is no exception given to 12th pass candidates which would allow them to skip Common Proficiency Test.

However ICAI does give the benefit to graduates. If you score 55 percent marks in commerce graduation and 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation, there is no need to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

So if you decides to continue with your education and completed graduation, there may be some chance for you to skip the Common Proficiency Test. However if you want to pursue Chartered Accountancy after completing 12th then it becomes mandatory to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

There are four subjects in the test.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

These subjects are divided into 2 groups of 2 subjects each. Upon scoring 30 percent marks in each of the two groups you will manage to clear the Common Proficiency Test and carry on with applying for the Integrated Professional Competancy Course (IPCC)

The IPCC also have 2 groups. First has 4 subjects while second has 3. Once you have cleared the first group, it would be the time to start 3 years long articleship.

During the course of articleship you will have to clear the second group of IPCC. After which when 6 months are left to complete articleship you will have to apply for the Final examination.
13th May 2013, 02:28 PM
deepa...

hi...
no.. it is not compulsory to attend c a examination..
if you are not interested in that field you can take some other options.. like, engineering, mbbs , b.com , bba , bbm ...
c a is not a compulsory examination like 12th examination..
if you are interested in that field, you can write the test.. to be a CA.
16th July 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

when should i take ca entrance
exam
24th October 2013, 07:08 PM
vps2325

Thumbs up Re: Is CA entrance exam compulsory after 12th?

[QUOTE=tash1907;3489891]Hi Friend................

If you are intrested to become an CA?

This is the procedure for become an Chartered Accountant

[B][U]Procedure to become an Chartered Accountant
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?