15th February 2017, 11:57 AM
Rokum

Can a 12th with 70% eligible to apply for TC and TTE job of Indian Railway?

Hello sir, I have got 45% and 70% in 10th and 12th respectively. I want to become a TC and TTE in Indian Railway. Am I eligible to apply for it?

15th February 2017, 03:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with 70% eligible to apply for TC and TTE job of Indian Railway?

TTE stands for Train Ticket Examiner. Railway Recruitment Board conducts entrance examination for this post. The eligibility criteria for TTE job is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Senior secondary board appearing candidates are also eligible for TTE entrance examination.

>>The age limit for TTE is 18-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Written test of TTE consists of questions from General knowledge, current affairs, basic numeracy and aptitude, reasoning and General English. Focus on all these subjects to clear written test of TTE. You can apply for this entrance exam with specified percentage of marks.
15th February 2017, 03:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with 70% eligible to apply for TC and TTE job of Indian Railway?

Yes, candidates passed 12th qualification are eligible to appear for TTE examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th and age must be between 18-30 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination but have to qualify in written and interview stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
15th February 2017, 03:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for TC or TTE job in Indian Railway as per your qualification.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for TTE job in Indian Railway are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10th class with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized state or central board.

-The candidate who have either passed 12th or hold a diploma degree can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age limit is from 18 years to 25 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved categories like SC/ST by 5 years and OBC candidates by 3 years.

-The Selection Process for the TTE post involves of Written Test and Interview.

Syllabus for Written test are:

Aptitude

General English

General Knowledge

Logical and Analytical Reasoning
15th February 2017, 05:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

12th passed candidates are eligible to apply for Ticket Collector or Train Ticket examiner post in Indian Railway. These posts require following criteria:

1. Minimum academic qualification is 12th. You have 70% marks in 12th board exam and hence eligible for both posts.

2. The age limit for open category candidate is 18-30 years.
15th February 2017, 07:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokum View Post
Hello sir, I have got 45% and 70% in 10th and 12th respectively. I want to become a TC and TTE in Indian Railway. Am I eligible to apply for it?
Yes, you are eligible for TC and TTE jobs.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for TC and TTE post in Indian Railway.

Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provide for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates.
15th February 2017, 08:15 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for TC and TTE Job posts with the above mentioned percentage criteria. The basic educational qualification, eligibility criteria required is as follows.

>> You must have completed 10th Class or 12th Class from a recognized university in order to be eligible.

>> The minimum percentage required in 10th Class to be eligible is "50% marks".

>> As you have secured less than that is required, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for those posts with 45% marks in 10th Class.
15th February 2017, 09:37 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

No, You are not eligible for the TTE job because the minimum percentage required for the TTE post is to have 50% marks in 10th as well in 12th. As you sait you do not have 50% marks in 10th and hence you are not eligible for the RRB exam conducted for the post of TTE.

Other eligibility criteria for TTE post are as below :

1. Applicant should hold Indian Citizenship
2. Age of the Applicant must be minimum 18 years and maximum 30 years.

Selection process :

Written test followed by Personal Interview & Medical test

RRB entrance exam syllabus:

a)General Knowledge
b)General English
c)Aptitude
d)Mathematics
15th February 2017, 09:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for post of Ticket collector and Train Ticket Examiner job of Indian Railway is:

Senior secondary passed from a recognized board. Board appearing candidates are eligible for TTE entrance exam.

Age limit is 18-30 years and upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

You are eligible to apply with 70% marks in 12th.
15th February 2017, 11:08 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- Yes, you are eligible for TC job Indian Railways.

--- But your age should be in between 8 and 30 years being a General candidate.

--- Age relaxation as per government policy is applicable for reserved candidates.

--- Whenever there is vacancy of TC, RRB release the application form.

--- You have to visit the official website and apply for the same.

--- You have to face the written exam, interview and medical test to get the job.
15th February 2017, 11:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

TC stands for Ticket Collector and TTE stands for Train Ticket Examiner.

Eligibility criteria for TTE or TC post:

*10+2 passed from a recognized board with at least 50% marks.

*Age limit is 18-30 years.

You can apply for TTE entrance exam after 70% marks in 12th board exam.
16th February 2017, 12:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for TTE is:

1. 10+2 from a recognized board.

2. Age limit is 18-30 years.

You can apply for TTE exam with 70% marks in 12th.
11th February 2019, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have got 67% and 49.8% marks in 10th and 12th class respectively from Science stream. So, I am eligible for TTE/TC examination in Indian Railways or not??
26th August 2019, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i have got 50% mark in 10th and 45% in 12th (science stream) . Am I eligible for TTE and TC or not?
26th August 2019, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I got 50%in 10th and 45% in 12th may i appears tte/tc?
28th August 2020, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, I got 76.28% in 10th and 95% in 12th may I became tte/ tc
7th March 2021, 01:23 PM
Maahi14

Yes definitely you can apply for TC and TTE post as well. The eligibility criteria for this post is only 12th pass from a recognised board.
15th August 2021, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effort Never Dies View Post
I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for TC and TTE Job posts with the above mentioned percentage criteria. The basic educational qualification, eligibility criteria required is as follows.

>> You must have completed 10th Class or 12th Class from a recognized university in order to be eligible.

>> The minimum percentage required in 10th Class to be eligible is "50% marks".

>> As you have secured less than that is required, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for those posts with 45% marks in 10th Class.

I scored 48% in 12th I belong to sc category can i become TTE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?