25th December 2016, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Can a 12th and Diploma engineering in distance mode take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with PCM group and Diploma engineering in distance mode. Am I eligible to take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Diploma in Mechanical engineering course in distance mode after 12th with Art stream? Should I go for distance mode or regular mode?
  2. Possibility to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?
  3. Possibilities to study Diploma in Mechanical engineering in distance mode for a clerk?
  4. How to take admission in Diploma Engineering course in distance mode at Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda?
  5. Is it possible to get job in Gulf countries for a candidate after completion of distance Diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  6. Can I get admission in other states for lateral entry in government colleges? Do IITs and NITs provide admission through LET?
  7. What is the qualification to do B.Tech course?
  8. Names of institution at Dubai to study BE in distance mode for Diploma holder?
  9. Can I apply for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma?
  10. Diploma in regular mode or distance mode is better for a 12th Science student?
  11. How to take admission in engineering college in distance mode for B.Tech
  12. Can I go for diploma in electrical engineering in Guwahati through distance mode? -- [New]
  13. Is KSOU approved by distance education council for diploma in Mechanical engineering in distance mode?
  14. Possibility to study Diploma in Mechanical engineering in distance mode after ITI with Fitter stream? How to study it?
  15. How much marks are required for M.Tech EE in NIT?
  16. Will I get admission in IIT and NIT after completing B.Tech with 60%
  17. Where can i study Diploma course in Electrical Engineering through distance mode?
  18. Is it necessary to join Coaching Institute for AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
26th December 2016, 04:18 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th and Diploma engineering in distance mode take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?

Yes, on the basis of 10+2 qualification you are eligible to get admission in IIT's and NIT's.

But, to get admission candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE. The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

The maximum number of attempts to appear for Main is 3 times and 2 times in Advanced in consecutive years including the year of appearing for board examination.

So, if you are pursuing diploma after 12th you will not be eligible to appear for JEE and hence not eligible to appear for examination to get admission in IIT's and NIT's.

To get more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
26th December 2016, 10:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th and Diploma engineering in distance mode take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th with PCM group and Diploma engineering in distance mode. Am I eligible to take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?
No, diploma course with distance mode candidates are not eligible for B.Tech course in NIT's and IIT's.

The minimum educational qualification for that course is 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board with above 50%. Your age should be in between 16 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?