29th December 2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma?

Respective Sir/Madam, my name is Pratish Redkar. I love innovation and now I am doing Electronic and Telecom engineering in Vivekanand college. Sir/Mam, I want to make my own patents with the help of my education. Can I apply for IIT? I don’t know what is NIIT, AIEEE? But I want technical education more than ratta study so what can I do?
Can I continue my diploma as well as degree or can I apply for like IIT and any other examination. Please give me reply. Thank You.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?
  2. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  4. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. IIT admission for diploma holder?
  6. How much percentage is required in Diploma to get admission in IIT?
  7. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  8. JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?
  9. Can I get admission for IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th standard
  10. Possibility to study in IIT after Diploma engineering but on 12th basis student?
  11. What are the minimum qualifications required for getting admission in IIT college after completing diploma course?
  12. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  13. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  14. Process of getting IIT being diploma student?
  15. Can I study in IIT after Diploma in Electronics & Telelcommunication?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) after 3 year Diploma Course?
  17. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  18. Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student?
29th December 2016, 09:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma?

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE entrance examination but after diploma degree you can appear for entrance examination for recruitment in jobs.

The eligibility to appear entrance examination to get jobs as JE is that candidate must have passed diploma from recognised university.

No, you cannot continue diploma as well as degree both course simultaneously.
30th December 2016, 10:38 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma?

You can not get admission in Indian Institute of Technology on basis of diploma because only those candidates who have done 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for admission in IITs.

*Diploma candidates can get admission in NITs and some other government engineering colleges on basis of JEE Main scorecard.

*Second option for you to get admission in degree is to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance test. You need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?