26th April 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?

can candidate who did B.sc(botany)(zoology)(chemistry)apply for IFS.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IFS Exam being a candidate from B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?
  2. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry?
  3. Which combination is good between Botany and Zoology for IFS exam? Books which are the best for IFS exam?
  4. How to do MSc Biochemistry after completing BSc(Botany, Zoology and Chemistry)
  5. Which subject is preferred in B.Sc Part 3, either zoology with geology or botany with geology? I've completed my B.Sc part 2 with subjects zoology,botany and geology
  6. How can I pursue BSc Bioscience with Zoology, Botany and Chemistry
  7. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing BSc computer application honors with Zoology and Botany?
  8. What can I study after doing BSc in Biology having subjects Botany, Zoology, Chemistry?
  9. After MSc should I do BSc Zoology, Botany or Chemistry?
  10. Can a B.Pharma graduate be eligible for Indian Forest Service by UPSC
  11. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
  12. In which subject should I do MSc after completing BSc with Chemistry/Zoology/Botany subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I have additional subject as Botany in my B.Sc course which already includes biotech, chemistry and zoology?
  14. How to do Msc in Sociology after passing BSc Botany, Zoology and Chemistry
  15. Date of issue of application form for PUC in Mount Carmel PU college? What are the science group subjects available in this college?
  16. Eligibility criteria to get job in Forest department? -- [New]
  17. After BSc Botany which MSc programme is better?
  18. Can I be eligible for MSc Biotechnology after studying BSc with Botany and Chemistry and Zoology?
26th April 2012, 04:53 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can candidate who did B.sc(botany)(zoology)(chemistry)apply for IFS.

Dear Aspirant

YES of course..you can apply for IFS Exam after completing B.Sc with botany, zoology, chemistry subjects.

IFS:- Indian Forest Service

IFS Exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year generally in the July month.

Basic Eligibility criteria for IFS Exam:

~~ You should have completed Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from recognized university.

~~ Candidates appear in final examination of above such program are also eligible to appear in this exam.

~~ To appear in IFS Exam your Age should be in between 21-30 Years on 1st July of the year of examination. There is certain relaxation in upper Age limit for reserve category candidates as per government norms.

Selection Procedure for IFS

Written Exam
Interview

Structure & Pattern of IFS Examination

Paper I - General English-> 300 Marks

Paper II - General Knowledge-> 300 Marks

Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers.-> 200 Marks for each paper

Total marks for written examination-> 1400 Marks

List of optional subjects

Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology

Important Notification for IFS Exam:

Date of Notification: 14.04.2012

Last Date for Receipt of Application: 14.05.2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 14.07.2012

Application Procedure for IFS Exam:

You can apply for IFS Exam in two ways..

1. Online

2. Offline

For more detail regarding IFS Exam Click Here

Important Books for Indian Forest Service Exam Preparation

26th April 2012, 06:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?

Yes, you can apply for IFS after B.Sc. with Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.

IFS stands for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE, to become an IFS officer you have to appear and crack IFS Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in any stream or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, can apply for Civil Service Exam. There is upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are a B.Sc. Graduate with Botany, Chemistry and Zoology you are eligible to apply for IFS.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview.

The IFS can be applied through both on line and off line mode.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th April 2012, 08:19 PM
V.SARAVANA SANKARI

Smile Re: Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?

yes.any candidate with bachelor degree can participate in civil service exam.you are qualified to attend it.
27th April 2012, 04:03 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?

Yes,You can applicable for IFS(INDIAN FOREST SERVICE) exam.
This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.Candidate should complete graduation.
2.In degree level you should have at least one subject in following:
Physics
botony
animal husbandary
Chemistry
Zoology
Statistics
Maths
3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.
4.Age limit is 21-30 years
5.Age relaxation for Sc/ST/OBC candidates.

Application procedure is online and offline

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST...
20th May 2012, 10:43 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes shore you are eligible to join IFS(Indian Forest Service) exam, this exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

-->The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university with any one of the following subjects

Animal Husbandry
& Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Geology,
Mathematics,
Physics,
Statistics & Zoology or graduation in
Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Final year graduation candidates are also eligible.

Age criteria:

Candidates age in between 21 years to 30 years,

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure:

-->Written test,

-->Interview.

Application procedure is through online and offline.

Important dates:

Date of notification:
14-april-2012,

Last date for receipt of application:
14-may-2012,

Date of Commencement of Exam:
14-july-2012.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?