6th May 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How about doing BCA after 12th without studying Computer Science in 12th?

I wanted to opt for BCA after my 12th but I haven't studied Computer Science as I was a Biology student but I'm keen in Mathematics. Will it be a smart choice if I choose BCA for further studies?

Related Questions:
  1. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  2. Can I study BCA(H) after completed 12th Biology? -- [New]
  3. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  4. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  5. Can I do BCA or BBA after doing computer science?
  6. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  7. What should I pursue BCA or MCA after completion of 12th CBSE in Computer Science?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue BCA or MCA after completing class 12th (Commerce) without Mathematics and Computer Science as subjects?
  9. Steps to join ISRO for 12th Computer Science student?
  10. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  11. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  12. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?
  13. Eligibility for MCA from DU after BCA with 75% marks and 12th with Computer science & without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  15. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  16. Am I eligible to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Computer Science stream?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for BCA or MCA after completion of 12th with PCB and English? List of good colleges to apply for BCA?
  18. What are the career opportunities available after completing class 12th (Computer Science)?
15th July 2018, 03:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about doing BCA after 12th without studying Computer Science in 12th?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and same is an undergraduate degree course of three years with a very good career scope in software world.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Some institutes do require Mathematics and English as main subjects at Class 12th but it is not the same in case of all colleges.

So, having not pursued computer science at your Class 12th level, you still are eligible for pursuing BCA degree course.
15th July 2018, 05:01 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How about doing BCA after 12th without studying Computer Science in 12th?

B.C.A is Bachelor in Computer Application. It is three year course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Mathematics is mandatory to get admission in some of the institutes or colleges.

It is not necessary to have Computer Science in 12th to get admission in BCA course.

So, you can visit official website to get complete details about admission.
15th July 2018, 08:55 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and it is professional bachelor degree course with a very good career scope in software world and IT industry.

The minimum education required for pursuing BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your higher secondary school degree without computer science you are eligible to pursue BCA degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?