17th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Can Computer Science students apply for IPS? Procedure for applying?

Can Computer Science Students are apply for IPS. Actually i am final year student of Computer science I want to know can I apply for IPS and How

Thanks & Regards,
Simranjit Singh

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for internship for M.Tech computer science students?
  2. Eligibility to apply for B.Sc Computer science?
  3. How to apply for IPS exam after B.Sc. in Computer Science?
  4. Procedure and eligibility to apply in SBI PO recruitment for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  5. How to apply for summer training in CSE branch? What's the applying procedure for the same? I'm in B.Tech(computer science) 2nd year
  6. Details about doing summer training in BSNL? How to apply?
  7. What is the procedure to follow for applying internship in DRDO, Bangalore while doing M.Sc Computer Science?
  8. Which degree should I take to apply for IPS? I have completed 12th computer science
  9. List of top colleges for BSC(computer science) in Chhattisgarh? What's the applying procedure?
  10. Eligibility to apply in TRB Seniority recruitment for B.Sc and B.Ed(Computer Science) graduate? How to apply in Tamil Nadu Government for Computer Science Teacher under Defence quota? -- [New]
  11. Can a computer science engineer apply for IPS entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can i apply for IPS exam after passing B.Tech computer science? Which subjects are suitable for me?
  13. What is the age limit for IPS? I am a student of IPS -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How may I get government jobs in computer science and engineering? What's the eligibility criteria and applying procedure for the same?
  15. How to do M.Tech computer science after doing MCA? What is the procedure to apply?
  16. Procedure to apply for Internship in IBM, Delhi for B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year student?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in Tech Mahindra for B.Tech(CSE) candidate?
  18. When is the next IPS entrance exam? Procedure for applying for the exam?
18th January 2011, 08:49 AM
abhimanyu2688

Default Re: Can Computer Science students apply for IPS? Procedure for applying?

yes you can appear in civil services examination 2011 as an appearing candidate. minimum educational qualification is graduation in any discipline. after clearing the cse you can become ips officer.
all the best..
18th January 2011, 01:26 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can Computer Science students apply for IPS? Procedure for applying?

Dear Friend;
Warm Wishes For You Good Future;
No Doubt You are 100% Eligible to join IPS. You have to Clear the Exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).First of all you have to clear the written Exam then UPSC call to you for Vi'va and If you clear both then according to you marks obtained in both the exam They create the merit list ....
Thanks
18th January 2011, 03:29 PM
Maxsteel

Yes you are eligible to give the exam of IPS. But it is very unusual that you want to do this after comp. engg. . You have to give exam of IAS & opt for IPS in it . its advt. will come in February
15th February 2011, 10:50 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can Computer Science Students are apply for IPS. Actually i am final year student of Computer science I want to know can I apply for IPS and How

Thanks & Regards,
Simranjit Singh
Yes, You can apply for IPS.
To become IPS, you need to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
The eligibility criteria for civil service exam is
graduate in any course and equivalent.
age between 21-30 years.

You have totally 4 attempts.

All the best.
Thanks...
4th March 2011, 07:36 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Computer Science students apply for IPS
Yes, You can apply for IPS.
To become IPS, you need to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
The eligibility criteria for civil service exam is
graduate in any course and equivalent.
age between 21-30 years.
You have totally 4 attempts.
You have to Clear the Exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).First of all you have to clear the written Exam then UPSC call to you for Vi'va and If you clear both then according to you marks obtained in both the exam They create the merit list

good luck
9th March 2011, 02:07 PM
cricket007
Banned

DEAR FRIENDS,

IAS Preliminary examinations (Prelims)

The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs).

a) General studies
b) Optional subject

you can choose from Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Agriculture, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics etc.

Important: It is not compulsory to choose the same subjects of your graduation. The results are declared in July-August and the successful candidates are called for the main examinations.

PS. The prelims score has no bearing for determining the final merit list for the services.

Civil Services Main examination
The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov, it comprises of 9 papers in all (a lot more strenuous than CAT!) Duration of each paper is 3 hrs.

Language: one of the Indian languages, English, Essay GK and Current Affairs: 2 papers on general studies

Optionals: papers from two subjects that fall in optional-1 and two papers from optional-2 (a choice of subjects is listed by the UPSC in the prospectus) Candidates who are successful in the main examinations are eligible for an interview which plays a crucial part in the selection.

Civil Services - The Interview
The interview calls are sent in March-April of the following year and they take place in the month of April-May. The Board of interviewers look for a well-adjusted personality with the social traits, integrity and qualities of leadership . PS. The number of candidates called for the interview is normally twice the number of vacancies.

BEWARE : The whole process of selection in the civil services takes a full year and when the application process is included it sums up to 18 months in all.

PLEASE NOTE :The main exam score and the interview determines the placement in the final list. You have your say in the choice of service if you have secured a high position, otherwise accept what is offered if not take another attempt (4 attempts permitted) in the general category. Of course you have to start from the prelims all over again.

PS. the I.A.S.occupies the highest order of importance and is usually given first preference by the selected candidates. In recent years Income Tax, Customs etc also have become popular. IFS is not that sought after now.

5 tips for IAS aspirants

1.Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance. In recent years engineering subjects like civil and electrical can be chosen, giving BEs and IITians an edge (yes! even here they are giving the BAs and BScs a tough fight!)

2.G.K. will definitely pay in your prelims. Reading newspapers, watching TV news and of course quiz shows like KBC is a must.
If you have been lucky enough to reach the interview stage book knowledge may not be the only thing you need. Your mental alertness will count as they ask you questions like �How many steps did you walk up to reach here?� or � What is the colour of the wall behind you ? - So be prepared.

3.Enhance your personality becoz it will definitely be one of the criteria for selection. For IPS physical wellbeing is of great importance, you should be medically fit.

4.Improve your communication skills. IFS aspirants must be proficient in at least one foreign language. So go ahead, have your say in this political mess of our country and try to make it a better place. Preparing for the UPSC Exam:

5.There are numerous private coaching institutes and �study circles�. To guide and encourage IAS candidates in Maharashtra the govt has set up SIAC (State Institute for Administrative Careers), Hazarimal Somani marg (CST) Mumbai-1. Tel :2070942 (You must have Maharashtra domicile to get admission here)

all the best............................
20th March 2011, 08:14 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi,
Yes you can apply for IPS exams conducted by UPSC as to appear in this exam you should have Graduation degree from a recognized University.

HOW TO APPLY:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

regards
Kapila
22nd March 2011, 08:50 PM
S.Gopiram
Junior Member+

Yes you can apply for the IPS exam.The eligibility for it is

21-35 for (SC/ST)
21-33 for (OBC)

Qualification:A degree from a recgnized university.

Minimum physical standards are all required for IPS.
12th June 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

can Bsc IT/Msc IT students apply for IPS/IAS ?
29th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

how can apply in b.sc of commerce student.
31st August 2011, 09:29 PM
Massmurugan

yes you can apply there is no restriction based on the degree which you have completed .
But your age must be less than 30.
To apply for the exam you need to write the UPSC exam conducted every year
2nd November 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for taking admission in mtech computer science course please give full information
15th October 2021, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir am I eligible for ips exam to complete in b.tech computer science engineering. Plz reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?