11th March 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Can a female candidate of 22 years is eligible to join Indian Army in any wings?

I have completed my M.Com and wants to join Indian Army. Please guide me about vacancy available for female candidates in Army. My age is 22 years. Can I join in any wings or any branch of Army?

21st March 2018, 08:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a female candidate of 22 years is eligible to join Indian Army in any wings?

Sorry, to say that being a female candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Army as per UPSC CDS examination notification. To join Indian Army after completion of your graduation, you have to appear in UPSC CDS examination. The age criteria required to apply for UPSC CDS examination is 19 to 24 years. Only unmarried male candidates those are physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination are eligible to apply for UPSC CDS examination.
22nd March 2018, 06:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a female candidate of 22 years is eligible to join Indian Army in any wings?

Being a 22 years old female candidate having completed your master degree course you are eligible for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer by joining IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ).

Further, for joining IMA you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining IMA wing are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2018, 07:48 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that your information about NDA entrance examination eligibility for female candidates are right as female candidates are not allowed for appearing in NDA entrance examination.

But as you interested to join Indian Army then you have the option of that through CDS(Combined Defense Services) entrance examination for which you need to satisfy the criteria given below:

1. You must be an Indian citizen.

2. Your age must lie within 19 to 24 years for joining IMA( Indian Military Academy).

3. You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

4. You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as specified during the notification of the same examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?