23rd October 2016, 04:14 PM
tapankumarr

What is the procedure followed to join the Indian Army?

Sir/Mam,

I am completed diploma in mechanical engg.now continue b tech 7 semi.
I am interested technical soldier in Indian army.step by step process
Ans sir? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this as I am not sure currently.

23rd October 2016, 06:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join the Indian Army?

Yes, after completing your B.tech you will be eligible to appear for CDS or you can go for TGC Entry Scheme for recruitment as technical entry.

The candidates passed B.Tech/B.E are eligible to apply for TGC entry and

The age limit is 20-27 years.

The candidates are directly called for the SSB and after qualifying in it eligible for recruitment in Indian Army.

For more information visit at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
23rd October 2016, 06:51 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Army:-

After completing any bachelor degree, student can apply directly Indian Army if any vacancy is announced by the officials.

Also, students can join Indian Army through CDS, CDS stands for ( Combined Defence Service)

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission )

Eligibility to appear in CDS:-

Candidate must be citizen of India

Candidate must be unmarried

Candidate must be of age 18-23 years for Indian Military Academy .

Candidate must have completed degree from a recognised University .

You can also apply for Indian Naval Academy which requires candidate having completed B.Tech / B.E
23rd October 2016, 07:58 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Being a mechanical engineering degree i.e; Bachelor of Engineering with Mechanical engineering pursuer you are eligible for join Indian Army as a soldier as well as an officer as per your educational qualification.

* To join Indian Army as a soldier you will have to qualify Rally at first and then Common Entrance examination ( CEE ). Also for this examination your age need to be within 17 years to 21 years.

* Where as to join as an officer you need to appear and qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination. Also for this examination your age need to be within 19 years to 24 years.

For more details and notifications regarding these entrance examination you can visit the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
23rd October 2016, 10:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After diploma you have to pursue graduation in whatever stream you want in order to join Indian Army because minimum qualification required to join Indian Army is graduation. After graduation you are eligible to appear in Combined Defence Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year in the month of September or October. Your age should be in between 19 to 24 years. Once you qualify the exam you will have to appear in physical exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?