1st November 2015, 08:31 PM
vattikondanavya

What should I do to join the Indian Army while studying medicine 1st year?

Hi,

My name is VATTIKONDA.NAVYA. D/O .VATTIKONDA. RAMU .now iam studying medicine 1st year
But i want join in INDIAN Army
what i have to do?

2nd November 2015, 01:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join the Indian Army while studying medicine 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattikondanavya View Post
Hi,

My name is VATTIKONDA.NAVYA. D/O .VATTIKONDA. RAMU .now iam studying medicine 1st year
what i have to do?
You can join in Indian Army through your 12th standard marks but you should qualify in NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
2nd November 2015, 08:29 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join the Indian Army while studying medicine 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattikondanavya View Post
Hi,

what i have to do?
If you are in the first year of medicine, then you can join Indian Army after completing your graduation.

After graduation, you can join Indian Army after qualifying an exam called CDS Exam.

For General Candidate, minimum required percentage in Graduation Course is 60%.

While for reserved category candidates it is 55%.

CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

For better preparation of CDS Exam, you can refer these books:

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English) (Paperback)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika|Author;
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 495

Pathfinder Cds Examination Conducted By Upsc (English) 3 Edition (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.460

Handbook of Mathematics - A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource {PB} (English) (Class 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I) Pvt.Ltd - Meerut
Price: Rs.120
2nd November 2015, 09:20 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join Indian Army is 12th class.

The complete selection procedure is as follows :
NDA Exam
Interview
Physical Test

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year in order to recruit the candidates into following defence services :
Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Air Force

The eligibility criteria to apply for NDA Exam is as follows :
-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized college to apply for Army wing.
-In order to apply for Navy or Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics subjects.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class are also eligible to apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in 12th class by the time they appear for Interview.
-Candidates should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years to apply for this exam.
-There is no limit on number of attempts for this exam.
-Only unmarried male candidates are allowed to take this exam.

Though you join 1st year of Medicine course, you can apply for NDA Exam on the basis of your 12th class qualification.

Hope you possess the above age criteria. If so, please apply for NDA Exam of upcoming year. For this year, the last date to apply for exam is already over.

For next year, notification will be released in the month of January. Please join in a coaching institute and carry out your preparation for this exam until then.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?