11th October 2011, 09:03 PM
Yaqub alam

Can I appear for Bank PO exam after graduating in Sociology?

I am graduation(sociology) final year student can i apper bank po exam

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join MA in Sociology through distance learning after graduating from DU?
  2. How can I apply for Bank exam after graduating with 48.4% in graduation?
  3. Can I choose Indian History, Sociology and Public Admin in HCS as combination after graduating in Eng. Hons?
  4. Which is better choice to do PG course after completion of B.A Sociology? MA Sociology or MSW?
  5. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate?
  6. Does M.Phil(Sociology) is offered in Mother Teresa Women's University? Can I get admission if completed M.Sc in Medical Sociology?
  7. Entrance exams to study M.A.(Sociology) for B.A.(Sociology) graduate? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after graduating in Fashion Designing?
  9. How to get Ph.D. admission in Sociology field?
  10. Career in sociology? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which college offers B.Ed degree in Sociology in West Bengal
  12. How can I apply for Ph.D(Sociology) if appeared in M.A. in Sociology from IGNOU?
  13. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  14. Is this a good choice of joining P.hd in Sociology from Jaipur after completing post graduation in Sociology?
  15. Is majors and honors in economics or sociology is same? Which one to take next after completion of graduation?
  16. What are the jobs in Sociology in government sector? I have done M.A in sociology
  17. List of colleges which offer Regular M.Phil(Sociology) course for a candidate who has secured 54.77% in M.A.?
  18. After completing MSc in medical sociology how to join M.Phil in Medical Sociology?
12th October 2011, 05:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank PO exam after graduating in Sociology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaqub alam View Post
Yes, After completing Graduate degree course in any discipline you are eligible for Bank PO Recruitment Examination.

And you have already complete your Graduate degree course in Sociology, so you are definitely apply for Bank PO Examination. So, You are eligible to Apply for Nationalized Bank PO Examination, So you are eligible to apply for SBI and IBPS Bank PO Examination, for both the examination, you have to passed in your graduation and you do not need to scored minimum percentage to apply for Bank PO Examination because any graduate passed candidates are eligible for SBI and IBPS Bank PO Examination.

But to apply for SBI Bank PO Examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years and Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper and also updated in the official website, eligible candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the Bank Official website, The examination fees are vary form Bank to Bank.

So, Please apply for Nationalized Bank PO Examination, when the Notification was Released.

You are also eligible to apply for Private Bank PO Examination, for this you have to complete your Graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks and your age should not be more than 28 years and you must have completed your graduate degree course.So, if you have scored minimum 55% marks in your Graduation then you are eligible for Private bank PO Examination and for more Information check Previous Notifications.
12th October 2011, 07:07 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Smile Re: Can I appear for Bank PO exam after graduating in Sociology?

Quote:
definitely, you can apply for bank PO exam, discipline/subject is not matter of affecting for apply bank PO examination,
every year most of national bank invite to Graduate candidate for bank PO exam,
this year BANK PO exam of all bank already over,but next year again most of bank recruitment for PO post.
here are two major bank conduct po exam, IBPS and SBI, and some state/ local bank also held a exam for bank PO,
for apply bank PO examination eligibility
>> a candidate must Graduate with any discipline with 60%, some bank apply their own percentage criteria,
>> age should be 21 to 30 year old.
so if you want to enroll to you for BANK PO exam, you can,
for more details on upcoming recruitment of bank PO.
log on to www.ibps.in
www.statebankofindia.com
and see also employment news.

selection procedure for PO;
>> written test on
  • general knowledge
  • numerical ability
  • verbal ability
  • reasoning
  • computer basic knowledge
>> interview
so you have a enough time for preparing bank po exam, read daily national news paper,news report,magazine,competitive book & solved paper

good luck
*gaint*
20th October 2011, 06:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes, Final year student are eligible for BANK PO exam.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST

Thanks
3rd January 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

i have 131 in ibps ,(obc) and graduate-49% and ma-geography=56% . please tell me which bank can i apply in 19 public sector bank
15th September 2013, 02:09 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If you're aspiring to apply for Bank PO Examination after completing you're graduation in Sociology, then you may apply for SBI PO Exam or IBPS PO Examination .

Graduation Course in any discipline is the Minimum Academic qualification to take part in Bank PO Entrance Examination .

For IBPS PO Entrance Examination :-

Educational Qualification :- The Applicant should having Bachelor Degree course or Equivalent Course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit :- The age limit of the candidate should be Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. And Upper age relaxation will be given reserved candidates like SC/ST and OBC candidates .

For SBI PO Entrance Examination :-

Educational Qualification :- The Aspirant should be having Graduate degree or Equivalent Examination in any faculty from recognized university and Final semester appearing candidate in Bachelor degree course may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

Age Criteria :- The age limit of the Applicant should be Minimum 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

The Selection Procedure of this examination is based on Written examination and Group discussion , Interview .

Reference Books for Bank PO Examination :-

~~ Bank PO Examination by Disha Experts
Publisher :- Disha Publication
Price :- Rs. 420

~~ Bank PO amd Management Trainee Examination by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House
Price :- Rs. 328

~~ Bank PO Examination by Upscportal
Publisher :- Upsc Portal
Price :- Rs. 201

~~ Bank PO Examination (Solved Papers ) by Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher :- Priynka Prakashan
Price :- Rs. 240
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?