8th June 2011, 04:22 PM
misha parekh

Can I appear for CAT while doing BA with Music?

Hello sir,
I am doing my BA with music and I am in its final year....I want know that can I appear in CAT as I am doing BA with music..........

10th June 2011, 01:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CAT while doing BA with Music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha parekh View Post
Hello sir,
I am doing my BA with music and I am in its final year....I want know that can I appear in CAT as I am doing BA with music..........
Yes You are Eligible to appear for CAT Entrance examination, If you are Interested in MBA. Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT entrance examination.

The minimum eligibility criteria for admission in MBA is at least a three year Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline From a recognized University.

And you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA And candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply for CAT Examination.

The CAT examination was held only one time in a year in the month of November. The Notification of CAT examination are published in the month of August And it is updated in the official website.

For this year the notification was announced and updated in August, So if you are Interested to apply fro CAT examination this year, then please keep visit the official website to get the Important dates. After clear the CAT examination you will get admission in Top B-schools.

You can also appear for MAT entrance examination to get admission in MBA. The eligiblity are same. The MAT examination was conducted 4 times in a year. You can apply for Both the examination Online And if you want to get more information regarding Both Examination, then please visit the official website -

http://www.catiim.in

http://www.aima-ind.org/mat.aspx
10th June 2011, 01:52 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, definitely you can appear CAT while doing BA with Music in the first year.

it makes you know your current level or position to getting chance in CAT.

but the other side the problem is that if you can accuare a very good score that will not be valid for taking admission in MBA courses.

but final year BA student will be allow to appear CAT exam.

all the best............
17th June 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in MBA,i am in BA final year?
19th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha parekh View Post
Hello sir,
Yes you are eligible to sit for the examination.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is an All India Entrance Test and this examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management. With the CAT score not only can you apply in IIM but also in the other top MBA institutes in our country.

Reservation:-
  1. Scheduled Caste (SC): 15.00%
  2. Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.50%
  3. Other Backward Classes (OBC): 27.00%
  4. Differently Abled (DA): 3.00%

CAT exam is given to pursue MBA which is a post graduate course so to appear for CAT you need to be a graduate. The degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

At graduation level you need to get minimum 50% of marks in aggregate to sit for this examination. The SC/ST/PWD Candidates needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate instead of 50% of marks since there is 5% relaxation available for them.

Selection process basically includes the written examination, group discussion and interview session. Usually the criteria varies from one institute to another because some of the top colleges also gives importance to work experience and academic background of a student as well.

60 Questions will be asked in total and you will get total 140 minutes to complete the whole paper. There is negative marking too.For the written examination give importance to:-
  • Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
  • Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

Hope this helps :-> :->
20th June 2013, 03:11 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

It is an All India Entrance Test and this examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.

CAT exam conducts by admission of MBA.

Eligibility of CAT:

Candidate should complete the Bachelor Degree from any recognized university to write the CAT exam.

Candidate need the min 50% of marks in Graduation.

5% of marks relaxation is available for the SC\ST candidates.

No age limit for this exam.

Candidate should be Citizen of India.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

Syllabus:

Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation

Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

All the best..........
20th June 2013, 03:26 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i take admission in MBA,i am in BA final year?
MBA is a Post Graduation Course and can be done after completing your Graduation.

Selection procedure for the MBA course involves:
>> Written Test
>> Group Discussion
>> Interviews

MBA written Tests that you can appear are:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

CAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks for general and OBC candidates and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

SNAP- This exam is conducted by Symbiosis, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

To get calls from Good MBA colleges you have to get atleast 95 percentile marks in the all these written tests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?