2nd May 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CAT exam after 12th Non Medical? Do I have to do Bachelor's degree first?

can I give cat exam after 12 in non med. or i have to do bachelors degree first?

4th May 2011, 07:30 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT exam after 12th Non Medical? Do I have to do Bachelor's degree first?

You cannot to appear after your 12th standard. The earliest you can take is during the final year of graduation. You can start preparation at least one year before. As of now you can keep yourself updated on the current affairs section. Reading editorial, magazines too will help.
31st May 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give CAT exam after 12th Non Medical? Do I have to do Bachelor's degree first?

which exams should i give if i want to go for architecture ?
31st May 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

after 12th can i directly give cat exm!
8th June 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

can i give cat in 3rd year of my btech(4 yrs) ?
4th December 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

hi i am a medical student. i wish to give cat exam. is it possible? will i face any problems in preparing for it?
4th December 2011, 09:13 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can I give cat exam after 12 in non med. or i have to do bachelors degree first?
Dear Friend,
Right now you are not eligible to apply for the CAT examination.
The CAT examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.The MBA is a master's degree program in Business Administration.To pursue any of the master's degree course you should have at least graduation degree.
And CAT examination is not an exception so to apply for the CAT examination you should have at least Graduation degree in any stream.

So there fore I will suggest you to first complete Graduation and then apply for the CAT examination.

Best Wishes.....
4th December 2011, 10:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not applicable for CAT exam after 12th standard.After completion of your graduation degree you are eligible for CAT exam.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

4th December 2011, 10:51 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am sorry to say that you can not apply for C.A.T directly after 12th class.

Eligibility criteria:-
>>you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST)]

>> There is no age limit for C.A.T

good luck!
5th December 2011, 12:53 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give CAT exam after 12th Non Medical? Do I have to do Bachelor's degree first?

Quote:

Eligibility For CAT

CAT or Common Admission Test is the most prestigious and the toughest MBA entrance exam conducted every year for admissions to the best MBA colleges of India like IIMs,FMS,IMT Ghaziabad,IIMD Gurgaon and many more..

In order to appear for the CAT exam..you need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student with 50% or above in your graduation for appearing in CAT..

So,after passing 12th..you are not allowed to sit for CAT..

CAT mainly focuses on the following things :-

Quantitative Aptitude
Logical Reasoning
Data Sufficiency
Vocabulary
Reading Comprehension
Grammar

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Simple Steps to Apply Online for AIEEE 2012.pdf(92.4 KB, 41 views)
5th December 2011, 09:12 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
CAT is common aptitud test which is conducted by the IIM . Not everyone are eligible for appearing in the exam . Certain basic requirements are there for appearing in the exam
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Both three year and four year course degree holders are eligible.
2. The aspirat should have secured atleast 50 percentage in degree course.
3.There is no restriction for number of attempts of the exam. There is no age restriction also.
The aspirants are requested to have a valid unique email and phone number.
Reservation of seats is made and it is as per government norms
15th January 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

If a student who have cleared CAT with low percentile say 50%,is able to get admission in a good college?
15th January 2012, 07:32 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a important component in selecting students for the business administration programs in The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).

CAT Eligibility

1.>The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.

2.>The Marks Relaxation as:-

For SC/ST/PD is requered 45% .

The best coaching center for CAT exam in India

1.>Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)

2.>IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd

3.>Career Launcher (CL)

4.>2IIM's - CAT Coaching Classes in Bangalore

5.>Career Forum

CAT SYLLABUS :-

QUANTITATIVE:

Arithmetic-

Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar.

Algebra-

In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry
Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.

Other Mathematical Topics:

Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Binomial Expansion, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers, etc.

DATA INTERPRETATION:

Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.

REASONING:

Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.

ENGLISH:

Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.

Also follow the best books for CAT

After scoring a good Percentile you can go for any one of the listed bellow college.

The Top Best MBA Institute:-

1.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A),Ahmedabad,www.iimahd.ernet.in

2.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-B),Bangalore, www.iimb.ernet.in

3.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-C),Kolkata,www.iimcal.ac.in

4.>Indian School of Business (ISB),Hyderabad,www.isb.edu

5.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-L),Lucknow,www.iiml.ac.in

6.>Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI),Jamshedpur,www.xlri.ac.in

7.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-I),Indore,www.iimidr.ac.in

8.>Indian Institute of Management (IIM-K),Kozhikode, www.iimk.ac.in

9.>IIM-A Agri Business Management (ABM),Ahmedabad,www.iimahd.ernet.in

10.>IIM-L Agri Business Management (ABM),Lucknow, www.iiml.ac.in

The CAT offical Home Site:- www.catiim.in/
[B][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]
15th January 2012, 07:33 PM
Sharma sujeet

Exclamation Re: Can I give CAT exam after 12th Non Medical? Do I have to do Bachelor's degree first?

i will say to you that it is toughest exam. It is exam given by those who completed graduation and it not for those who is passing 12th.
15th January 2012, 07:37 PM
saurabh.dhyani

You can not give the CAT entrance exam after 12th class as it is an exam for taking admission into MBA which is a master course.
So, for giving CAT you have to first complete your graduation from a recognized university.

All the best.
15th January 2012, 07:54 PM
anlakshmi

Sorry to say you are not eligible for CAT exam after 12th standard.

After completion of your graduation you are eligible for CAT examination. And those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for this exam. For SC/ST candidates has 5% relaxation in graduation.

So, first you will do your graduation and then you can apply this CAT Examination.

All The Best!
15th January 2012, 09:00 PM
Sharma sujeet

You are not able to apply CAT in 12th.it is apply in last year of graduation.
15th January 2012, 09:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, You can not give CAT after 12th as the minimum qualification for this is graduation.

CAT- COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance exam conducted by IIM for admission to post graduate course MBA in different IIMs in India.

Graduation from any discipline with minimum 50% marks are eligible to appear for CAT. There is no age limit and no restriction to number of attempts to appear CAT exam.

So at first you have to complete your graduation and then before applying for CAT a massive preparation should be done in order to get success in CAT.
16th January 2012, 10:21 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

It does not matter if you are from a non medical background or a medical background.

The basic criteria to appear in CAT is a graduation degree from a recognized university.

So you have to complete your graduation first.

You can also sit for CAT in your final year of graduation.

But let me tell you if your aim is doing MBA, I would suggest you to take a management stream in your graduation course.

But MBA has so many varieties in their specialization that anyone (medical or non medical) can opt for it.

You have to give MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, JMET, SNAP, ATMA, MAH-CET etc.

After cracking those exams, you will get to admit in the colleges on the basis of the percentage obtained in those exams...

The entrance exam marks matter only...

So you have to work very hard because cracking those entrance exams are very tough specially CAT which is considered as the most toughest management entrance exam in India.

CAT is conducted by IIMs, the Class A B-schools in India...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?