2nd September 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed 3years B.Tech after the completion of Diploma?

I've completed 3 yrs Btech after comleted DIPLOMA through lateral entry,from BPUT,ODISHA.

So may I appear GATE EXAM 2012 and take admission for Mtech.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do B.Tech in CSE after completion of diploma in ECE?
  2. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  3. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Best Polytechnic to pursue diploma course in Chemical Engineering or in Petrochemicals? Is it possible to take direct entry in 2nd year after completion of 3 years diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Details about CET for diploma holders in Bangalore
  7. Is it possible to apply for 2nd year diploma of teaching after completion of B.Tech course?
  8. Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future?
  9. What is the procedure followed to get admission in B.Tech after completion of diploma course?
  10. Is it possible for stream change after diploma engineering? -- [New]
  11. Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?
  12. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  13. How to do B.E/B.Tech through correspondence after doing diploma in electrical?
  14. How can I join in interior designing after completion of my B.Tech 1st year
  15. How can I get information for admission in MBA?
  16. How can I get information on admission in MBA?
  17. Eligibility criteria for BHEL and NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  18. How to apply for the position of Break Inspector after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and with 3 years of work experience?
2nd September 2011, 02:00 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed 3years B.Tech after the completion of Diploma?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for GATE Exam as you have completed your B.Tech course.

Here I am providing you the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.

Academic Qaulification :
-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering to appear for GATE Exam.
-Even the candidates who are in final or pre final year of Engineering are also eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

Age limit :
-
There is no minimum and maximum age limit to appear for GATE Exam

Number of attempts :
-There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam.
-One can appear for GATE Exam for any number of times.

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if a candidate has appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, he can use any of the score card of the 2 years to get admission to MCA course.

If you are interested, you can appear for GATE Exam and crack the Exam.
2nd September 2011, 05:53 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed 3years B.Tech after the completion of Diploma?

Yes deffinitely friend, you are elligible for the GATE exam;

AS per the GATE minimum criteria it's should be having graduate;
and you have .. so you are elligible;
one thing : the validity of rank is only one year;

Thank U~~
4th September 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.TECH in the year 2009, can I appear gate in 2012 and if yes what is the last date of filling form for exam
4th September 2011, 08:45 PM
goutam1222

Yes, after doing b.tech(as a Lateral entry student) you are eligible to sit for GATE. and for your help GATE has no upper age limit.
4th September 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for GATE exam i m in 3rd year b.tech
14th September 2011, 04:09 PM
saugata2008

Of course you are eligible for GATE exam .You have completed 3 year's B.tech after diploma that means you are a student of Lateral entry .So as a student of bachelor's degree you are eligible fro GATE .There is no age limitation and no limitation in number of attempts .Any student who has completed bachelor's degree or M.Sc can apply .

If you want to crack the exam with good rank then start your preparation .

Next year Gate exam date = 12/2/2012.

Thank you
14th September 2011, 07:32 PM
praveendia

yes ur eligible for gate 2012.as u had completed the engg ur eligible u can further get more detail from any of the iit site
1st October 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

how many percentage required to appear in campus intervie, i hv 5.5 cpi in first four sem , and 7 cpi for last two sem. i m in 7 th sem.my avg cpi is 6.0 . shall i able to get chance in campus interview. plz tell
13th October 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

My academic qualification is(10 diploma b.tech) am i eligible for gate exam?
14th October 2011, 01:40 AM
RamXXX

All the pre-final year,final year or passed out students are eligible for GATE exam .So as you are a student of B.tech you are eligible for GATE .You can apply for the exam as many times as possible because the is no age limitation for the GATE exam .

So don't worry about those and start your preparation .

Thank you
12th November 2011, 03:42 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Yes. You are eligible to appear for GATE Exam as you have completed your B.Tech course.

Academic Qaulification :
-Even the candidates who are in final or pre final year of Engineering are also eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

Age limit :-

Number of attempts :

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if a candidate has appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, he can use any of the score card of the 2 years to get admission to MCA course.

13th November 2011, 11:57 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Academic Qaulification :

Number of attempts :

10th January 2013, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

whether btech final year lateral entry students are eligible for gate exam?
20th January 2013, 01:28 PM
nikhinaya

Of course you are eligible for GATE exam .You have completed 3 year's B.tech after diploma that means you are a student of Lateral entry .So as a student of bachelor's degree you are eligible fro GATE .There is no age limitation and no limitation in number of attempts .Any student who has completed bachelor's degree or M.Sc can apply .
Academic Qaulification :
One should have completed Graduation in Engineering to appear for GATE Exam

best of luck
28th September 2013, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for gate exam??? my qualificcation id 10,diploma,btech...pls reply
20th October 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Hello
dear sir/mam
my name is dinesh sharma at present iam a student of btech 3rd year and iam student of lateral entry i hav done three year diploma in mechanical engineering before btech

so can i eligible for gate entrance after completing my btech degree
15th September 2014, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

can I appear for GATE exam having completed M.E (CSE) after the completion of B.Tech(IT)??if yes, means
which certificate used to apply B.TECH OR ME ??
7th April 2018, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for GATE &CAT EXAM having completed 3years B.Tech after completion of diploma and how much percentage requires?
26th November 2019, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

What career options do I have after gate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?