17th June 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET exam of December session?

Iam a student of M.com previous 2sem can i appear for the net exam of december session

19th June 2012, 02:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET exam of December session?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam a student of M.com previous 2sem can i appear for the net exam of december session
NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks from a recognised University. If you have Pursuing your Final year course then you can also appeared for NET.

So, If you are Pursuing Final year M.com Course then you can apply for December NET Examination.

December NET Examination Notification will be Published soon in the month of October and eligible candidates may fill the application form of NET Examination online only. The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank. the challan form is availiable in the official website after declaring the Notification.

You have to choose the subject in NET on the basis of your Post graduation Only. The list of subject is availiable in the official website. There is no Upper age restriction to apply forLectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship Post, your age should notbe more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBCCandidates.

From this year Onward's all 3 NET Examination papers will be Objective, No Descriptive papers will be there in NET Examination and No Negative marking in the examination. So please prepared well for this examination as per the new pattern and for more details please check official website:

ugcnetonline.in
19th June 2012, 02:32 PM
taseer1991

Hello Friend..........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test....

conducted by UGC, Means University Grant Commission twice in a year.........

Apply for this exam you complete your PG or pursuing in last semester..........

so now you are in 2 semester of M.com , so please first complete your 3 semester then apply for this examination

thanking you sir,
19th June 2012, 02:41 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..

Since,you are in final year of your M.Com,you are eligible to give NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility test.It is conducted by UPSC twice a year to determine the eligibility of entrants for lectureship or to award JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
You can appear for both at the same time.

You are eligible to give NET if you:-
1. Post graduation from your desired stream.
2. 55% in your master's degree.
3. Your college/University should be UGC recognised.
4. If you are in your final semester,then also you can appear for NET.
5. Maximum age limit-35 years.

So,if you fulfil all these criteria,you can appear for NET.

Now,let me tell you about Structure and Pattern of NET exam.
For both lectureship and JRF same question paper is prepared by UGC. It constitutes subjects as follows;
  • Paper I -Objective Type- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Methods (50 questions) – 100 Marks
  • Paper II- Objective Type – Core Subject (50 questions)- 100 Marks
  • Paper III- Descriptive Type – Core Subject – will have four sections. Section 1- 5x5= 25 marks (30 words), Section 2 –15x5=75 marks (30 words), Section 3- 5x12= 60 marks (200 words) and Section 4- 1x40= 40 marks(1000 words)
Grand Total = 400 marks

Paper I & II constitutes the first half. It is conducted during day time. Paper III, the next half is conducted afternoon. There is no negative marking for objective questions.

The next NET exam is going to be held on 24th june,2012 but its application time is over now.
So,you can appear for it in December attempt.
The notifications regarding December exam will be issued in October Month.
So,please be careful regarding the notifications.

Best of luck.

Thanks.
19th June 2012, 03:01 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by the university Grant Test(UGC) once in a year.

The exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for Eligibility into Lectureship.

The M.com students are eligible for the NET exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should have completed the post graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate should have to score a minimum of 55% marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

The Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st categories.

The final pursuing candidates are also eligible for NET exam.

Age limit:

there is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.

The JRF candidate have age limit. The age limit should be the 19 to 28 years.

The NET exam application process should be in the online process.

For updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

all the best.
19th June 2012, 03:08 PM
sadiora

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for NET exam of December session?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear,

you are eligible for the net and jrf test which is taken by the ugc two times in a year.

ugc required the master degree pass candidate and which candidate appear in the final year or the final semester.

so you apply the net for this December

best of luck for the future
19th June 2012, 04:03 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

University Grants Comission

Net exam conduct by UGC every year.

You have mention that you are in M.A previous year so you can not apply for net exam.

Only those candidate who have qualify post graduation or final sem of post graduation can be appear in net exam.

net exam held twice in a year in the months of June and December for jrf and lecturership.

Aspirant can apply online only on the UGC website-- www.ugc.ac.in.

Eligibility:- Post graduation in any subject with 55% from any recognised
university.

Age should be 28 year fir jrf and no upper age for lecturership.
19th June 2012, 05:23 PM
tinu0024

If you want to give NET Exam then the minimum qualification is that you must qualify your masters degree examination.
Since you are perusing B.com right now so you are not eligible for NET Exam.
19th June 2012, 07:48 PM
GURINDER BILLING

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks from a recognised University. If you have Pursuing your Final year course then you can also appeared for NET.

So, If you are Pursuing Final year M.com Course then you can apply for December NET Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?