4th November 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UGC NET? I am pursuing MCA via distance education lateral entry

Hi, i am pursing MCA via distance education(Lateral entry) and also have done MSC -IT via distance(Lateral entry). can i appear for UGC-NET?

Related Questions:
  1. Is distance learning B.Tech (Elect) is approved by UGC/AICTE? Is Lateral Entry available in Distance Education?
  2. Is distance education is valid for NET(UGC)? I'm pursuing M.Com from MDU through correspondence
  3. Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam having done M.Sc in IT through Lateral Entry and MCA with 59%?
  4. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  6. UGC norms regarding lateral entry into MBA for PGDM holder? -- [New]
  7. Is Annamalai University distance lateral entry course approved by UGC? Can I write NET exam?
  8. Am I eligible for MCA from Pune University or IP University after taking admission in direct 3rd semester lateral entry?
  9. Can I get admission in MCA through lateral entry after distance mode BCA and regular BCA?
  10. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  11. Can I do M.Tech through distance education after completing BCA?
  12. How to apply for MCA lateral entry after doing MCA? I am a graduate in BSc computer science
  13. Which is the best course after doing BCA?
  14. Am I eligible for lateral entry in 3rd semester of MCA regular?
  15. How to do B.Tech in Architecture through distance education(lateral entry)
  16. Details for difference between BCA and BCA lateral entry?
  17. NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?
  18. Am I eligible for NET exam after doing MCA from Punjab Technical University through distance learning
5th November 2012, 08:26 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET? I am pursuing MCA via distance education lateral entry

If your education satisfies the following criterion then you are eligible for UGC-NET examination.

1. Your marks in MCA / MSc-IT is 55% or more in aggregate.
2. The university from where you have done the course is approved by
"Distance Education Council (DEC)" for conducting the course.

If you satisfy both the above mentioned criteria, then you are eligible to appear for
UGC-NET examination.

UGC conducts the NET examination twice a year generally, one in June and other in
December month.

Refer: http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
6th November 2012, 10:08 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET? I am pursuing MCA via distance education lateral entry

Most definitely you can apply for the National Eligibility Test. You can apply it with M.Sc or MCA course. The choice is yours. All you need is minimum of 55 percent marks in that degree to be eligible for the National Eligibility Test.

There will be no problem applying for NET exam with MCA degree despite the fact that you completed it through distance education. If your college is approved by the University Grants Commission then you can definitely apply for NET with MCA degree. However if the college is not recognized by the UGC then unfortunately you can't appear for the National Eligibility Test.

One of your two post graduation degrees should be from a college that is recognized by the University Grants Commission. Please check the criteria below before applying.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian National.

Qualification

1. Post graduation degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university.

2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

4. Final year students can also apply.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

Upper Age Limit Relaxation

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC/ST

There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.
6th November 2012, 10:46 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

yes you are eligible for UGC NET EXAM after your PG

HOW TO APPLY (APPLICATIONS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE) :

STEPS FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM

i)
The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan Performa from the UGC website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of India along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-.

ii)
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following : (i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb, (ii) Copy of Bank Challan (fee receipt).

iii)
Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online (i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in OR through a link available on the UGC website: www.ugc.ac.in ).

iv)
After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of online Application Form (two copies), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.

v)
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates and candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) (as per the Central list of OBC available on website : www.ncbc.nic.in ) must enclose the attested copy of certificate for the same.

vi)
Candidates seeking age relaxation must enclose the certificate of educational qualification/research experience entitling the candidates for age relaxation. (for details, please see item no. 4).

vii)
The Application (consisting of two copies of printout of online application form, one copy of Attendance Slip and one copy of Admission Card) alongwith required documents (as mentioned in item No. 13) must reach the Registrar of the University (UGC Test Centre) on or before 07.05.2012.

6th November 2012, 10:50 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

yes you are eligible for UGC NET EXAM after your PG

HOW TO APPLY (APPLICATIONS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE) :

STEPS FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM

i)
The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan Performa from the UGC website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of India along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-.

ii)
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following : (i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb, (ii) Copy of Bank Challan (fee receipt).

iii)
Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online (i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in OR through a link available on the UGC website: www.ugc.ac.in ).

iv)
After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of online Application Form (two copies), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.

v)
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates and candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) (as per the Central list of OBC available on website : www.ncbc.nic.in ) must enclose the attested copy of certificate for the same.

vi)
Candidates seeking age relaxation must enclose the certificate of educational qualification/research experience entitling the candidates for age relaxation. (for details, please see item no. 4).

vii)
The Application (consisting of two copies of printout of online application form, one copy of Attendance Slip and one copy of Admission Card) alongwith required documents (as mentioned in item No. 13) must reach the Registrar of the University (UGC Test Centre) on or before 07.05.2012.

7th November 2012, 09:26 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

* Currently you are not eligible for the UGC NET Examination.

* The NET Examination is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in the months of June and December.

* The NET Exam is conducted for the posts of JRF and Lecturer ship

The Eligibility Criteria Required For UGC NET are :

a) You must have completed your post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university.

b) There is no age limit for Lecturer Ship.

c) Age Limit For JRF : 21-28 years.

d) There is also a relaxation of 5% marks for Reserved Category Candidates.

So , i suggest you to first complete your MCA , then you can apply for the same if you fulfill the other mentioned criteria too.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
4th June 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.Sc.(pure) 2 years course from burdwan university in 1997 and have done PGDCA than MCA through lateral entry am I eligible to apply Net exam in india.
3rd November 2014, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

Is PTU conducted admission twice in a year for lateral entry bca course through distance education
31st May 2016, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I had Completed in 1213-14 MCA [DISTANCE] FROM PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, JALANDHAR.

1] UGC recognition for PTU in 2013-14 is valid
2] can i sit UGC-NET dec-2016 exm
24th September 2019, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I had completed lateral entry mca,m I eligible for ugc approval
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?