14th January 2016, 01:33 PM
aj003

Can I apply for Bank exam after clearing backlog of B.Com?

Hi my name is Arjun i am currently doing my bcom 6th sem. I have a backlog in one subject in 5th sem. My question is can i apply for bank exams after my B.com?

Related Questions:
14th January 2016, 06:35 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank exam after clearing backlog of B.Com?

Yes, After clearing the backlog in B.com you can apply for the banking sector jobs for this you need to qualify the I.B.P.S. exam which is conducts for the posts of clerk,Probationary officer, Assistant Manager and Bank Manager.

Eligibility for the I.B.P.S. exam-

>> Candidate should be Indian and also the graduate from a recognized University approved by U.G.C.

>> Minimum 50% marks aggregate with graduation without any backlogs in graduation.

>> Candidate should be fall in 21-30 years age group.

>> Age relaxation for OBC is 3 years and for Sc and St is 5 years.

Some special officer posts are also there for –

>> I.T. officer (candidate must Post graduate for this post)

>> Agriculture field officer (Candidate have agriculture related graduation degree as B.E. in Agriculture, or B.sc)

>> Law officer (Have degree in law)

>> Finance executive (having graduation degree in MBA
14th January 2016, 07:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for appearing in the bank examination once you complete your backlog of B.COM as then you will be considered as a regular graduation passed candidate which is sufficient for appearing in the bank examination for the post of bank clerk and bank probationary officer as per the educational qualification is concerned.

Apart from the educational qualification mentioned above, you must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk and 21 years to 30 years for the post of bank probationary officer. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Also you need to have a good communicating skills along with additional knowledge of working on computers as banking works are computer based.

Basically the bank examination conducted for recruitment in the nationalized banks of India are SBI Bank examination and IBPS bank examination.

For more details log on to their official links www.sbiexam.com or www.ibps.in.
14th January 2016, 08:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you complete your backlogs before final year, you will be eligible to appear for banking entrance examination.

To appear for banking entrance examination required qualification is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any discipline with passing percentage.

So, you can appear for examination after completing the degree. To get final recruitment you have to qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in.
14th January 2016, 09:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for any entrance exam of bank only after clearing existing backlog in your bachelor's degree.

After clearing backlog, you can apply for following exams:

1. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written exam for PO and clerk.

Age limit for clerk is 20-28 years and for PO is 20-30 years.

2. SBI exam for clerk and PO.
14th January 2016, 10:33 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You will have to clear your pending backlogs then you can apply for bank jobs.

Eligibility Criteria:- Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit:- 21 to 28 years for clerical exam

Exam Stages:- Preliminary & Mains examination

Selection Procedure:- Written exam & Interview

Syllabus for examination:- Reasoning, General English, Mathematics,Computer knowledge,Banking & General awareness.

Duration of preliminary exam:- 1 hour

Duration of main exam:- 2 hours
14th January 2016, 11:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj003 View Post
Hi my name is Arjun i am currently doing my bcom 6th sem. I have a backlog in one subject in 5th sem. My question is can i apply for bank exams after my B.com?
Yes, you are eligible for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
15th January 2016, 12:09 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To appear for banking entrance examination the required qualification is graduation from any recognised university with no backlogs.

So, if you are in 6th semester now you need to clear all your backlogs in the final examination to appear for examination to get a banking jobs.

The age limit vary for the different posts to appear for examination. So, work hard to clear your backlog and also to qualify in banking examination.
15th January 2016, 11:56 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Most of the banks recruit candidate on the basis of qualification in IBPS while others such State Bank of India, Central Bank ...conducts their own examination for recruitment and promotions.

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel.
Eligibility for candidates to appear in clerical/PO jobs in bank are
-Candidate must hold Bachelor degree from any recognized university in any disciple
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years.
-Candidate must have good knowledge of computer.

Since, the banking jobs needs only Bachelor degree nothing more and nothing depends on the fact that candidate has backlog in his degree program.
So, you can apply for jobs in banking sectors.
31st January 2016, 10:46 PM
anuradha1985

Yes , after clearing backlog you are eligible for Bank exam

Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO:-
Candidate must indian citizen.
Candidate must have done graduation .
Age should be in between 21 to 28 years.
7th September 2018, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I have back in one subject in 2nd year of B.sc. but now I cleared exam and passed with 57% . Am i eligible for bank exams
30th July 2019, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I have backlog in 6th sem and the exams will be on january 2020 after clearing it am i eligible for banking exams ?
11th April 2020, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.sc UG degree in 5 years with 40% can I have eligible for bank jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?