11th January 2016, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT and Bank job exams being ST student with 35% in B.Com?

I am belong from the ST category and i completed my Bcom with 35% in 2015,i want to apply for the CAT exam and BANk exam?i have a doubt that i think i could not apply because of my less percentage,can i apply for both or not?if not than what shall i do please reply

Related Questions:
11th January 2016, 06:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT and Bank job exams being ST student with 35% in B.Com?

Having secured only 35% aggregate in bachelor's degree you are eligible for appearing in the bank job examination only as for these examination there is no percentage barrier but for CAT being a ST student, you need to have at least 45% aggregate in the same degree course which you do not have.

Also with the same educational qualification you can appear in the bank examinations conducted for the post of Bank Clerk and Bank Probationary Officer which are IBPS bank examination or SBI bank examination.

--> For appearing in the same examinations you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk and within 21 years to 30 years for the post of probationary officer. Age relaxation is applicable in both cases for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university

* You must have additional knowledge of working on computer as the banking works are computer based along with good communication skills.

Both the examinations are held in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personality Assessment Test ( Interview ).

For more details and notifications about the above mentioned examination you can log on to the official link of respective examinations that are www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.com.
11th January 2016, 07:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT and Bank job exams being ST student with 35% in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am belong from the ST category and i completed my Bcom with 35% in 2015,i want to apply for the CAT exam and BANk exam?i have a doubt that i think i could not apply because of my less percentage,can i apply for both or not?if not than what shall i do please reply
As per your B.Com marks, you are not eligible for CAT exam but you can apply for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
11th January 2016, 07:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for banking entrance examination but not for CAT examination.

To appear for both the examination required educational qualification is graduation from any recognised university in any discipline but to appear for CAT examination minimum 50% aggregate is necessary 5% relaxation for reserved category in graduation.

So, you are only eligible to appear for banking entrance examination. But, you have to qualify in the entrance examination for final selection for jobs.

For more about banking examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
11th January 2016, 07:41 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

You have passed b.com with 35% belonging ST category. You are eligible for Bank PO , but you are not eligible for CAT as per eligibility criteria.

Bank Exam Eligibility
- Bank Clerk : You must have passed 12th class in any discipline with atleast 60% for general and 55% for schedule castes.Your age must be between 18-26 years of the examination year.
- Bank PO : You must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.Your age must be between 21-30 years of the examination year

CAT Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation in any discipline with atleast 50% for general and 45% for schedule castes.

Bank Exam Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English
- Reasoning

CAT Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation

CAT Important Dates
- Apply online at website:- https://iimcat.ac.in from 06th August to 25th September 2015
- Admit Card Download - 25th October 2015
- CAT Date:- 29th November 2015
- CAT 2015 Result - Second week of January 2016
11th January 2016, 08:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for Master's degree in Business Administration. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree with 50% marks or more are eligible for CAT exam.

For SC/ST candidates, there is 5% marks relaxation but you still will no be eligible for exam as you have only 35% marks in Bachelor's degree.

However, you can apply for Banking entrance exams like Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common written exam for Clerk and PO. Only passing percentage of marks is required to be eligible for this exam. The age limit for clerk is 20-28 years and 20-30 years for PO post.
11th January 2016, 08:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, even with 35% marks in bachelor's degree and being a ST candidates, you are not eligible for CAT exam as minimum percentage for ST candidate is 45%.

But you are eligible for Bank entrance exams of clerk and PO like IBPS CWE for PO and clerk.
11th January 2016, 09:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per your B.Com marks, you are not eligible for CAT exam but you can apply for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
11th January 2016, 10:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test --To appear for examination candidate need minimum 50% aggregate, 45 % for SC/ST category in graduation.

So, you cannot appear for examination to get admission in MBA course after graduation degree.

Banking -- To appear for bank jobs entrance examination candidate with passing percentage in graduation are eligible.

So, you can appear for examination. For other information about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in.
11th January 2016, 11:31 PM
ruthless
Member+

No, You can not apply for CAT and bank jobs being St student with 35% in B.com.
Eligibility criteria for CAT:

You should be graduated.
Minimum marks - 50%.
For Sc/St minimum marks required - 45%.
There is no specific age.
12th January 2016, 09:44 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for CAT and Bank job exams being ST student with 35% in B.Com?

Sorry,you have secured 35% in your graduation degree which doesnot comes under the B-Grade also and you are not eligible to appear for the Bank examinations with 35% and in order to appear for the banking related examinations either for government sector banks or the private sector you must score at least 50% even for ST categories candidates also

Some of the basic eligibility for the Banking related jobs are
  • should have attained 50% in the graduate degree or any of the equivalent courses from recognized board of study
  • Should have attained 18 years and not exceed 28 years
  • Should have to be citizen of India

You can not apply for the CAT examination also which is the common Admission test for the entry in to the B-schools and in order to appear for any of the B-schools through the CAT or MAT you must secure at least 50% in your graduate degree course of study,so you can not apply for the CAT examination with 35% of the aggregate.

you can apply for any of the training courses like
Java,C,Oracle,etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?