14th August 2015, 08:20 PM
naveenkumar94arun

Can I apply for bank exam for probationary post after completing B.Tech IT course

Respected sir , I am naveen , I completed my course b.tech it , but I have one backlog so now can I apply for bank exam for probationary post ?

15th August 2015, 01:03 AM
JSD.

Default Re: Can I apply for bank exam for probationary post after completing B.Tech IT course

No you can not apply for the bank PO exam with having any backlog. The basic eligibility criteria for the Bank PO exam is to have a successfully passout graduation degree in any stream.If you wish to do give Bank PO exam than you have to first clear your all backlog.
15th August 2015, 09:54 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank exam for probationary post after completing B.Tech IT course

No, you are not eligible to appear for the bank PO examiation conducted by the Institute of Banking Personal Selection and the SBI.

To appear in the examination the required eligibility is :-
* Candidates mhst have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years and there are relaxation of three years in upper age limit for the OBC and five for the SC,ST.

So you need to clear your back log before the 8th semester or the final year examiation to appear in the examiation. The examiantion is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualfy in all the stages for the final selection.

* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The written paper contains the question of General knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, General Science, English etc.. So you also need to prepare to qualify in the examiantion.
15th August 2015, 10:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenkumar94arun View Post
Respected sir , I am naveen , I completed my course b.tech it , but I have one backlog so now can I apply for bank exam for probationary post ?
You have completed B.Tech in IT so you are eligible for Bank PO entrance exam.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines that is 3 years for OBCs and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Examination pattern for Bank PO exam:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
15th August 2015, 11:10 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for bank exam for probationary post after completing B.Tech IT course .

To join Bank as probationary officer (P.O.), you have to apply for IBPS PO CWE .

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection . IBPS provides its service to all Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, SBI, RBI, NABARD and SIDBI which are its regular member organizations.

The eligibility to apply for IBPS P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations/Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be from 20 years to 30 years for open category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The IBPS exam syllabus are as under :-

English,

General awareness,

Marketing ,

Computers,

Quantitative aptitude, and

Test of reasoning.

-The exam process involves of ;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.
15th August 2015, 12:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

P.O stands for the Probationary officer. It is a respectable post in Indian Banks. There are various entrance examination conducted for recruitment of probationary officers in different banks.

IBPS which stands for the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection conducts common written examination for the post of clerk and probationary officer in different nationalized banks of India. State Bank of India conducts its own entrance examination for post of probationary officer.

For both the exams, a candidate must have minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. You must have obtained the degree before the dates specified by banks. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years for SBI PO and 20-30 years for IBPS PO exam. Relaxation applicable to reserved category candidates.

No, if you have backlog, you can not apply for the exam. If your results of backlog is declared and you have your marksheet showing no backlog before the dates specified by banks then only you can apply for the exam. The important dates for the IBPS and SBI PO exam for 2015 is over now.

For any more details, you can visit www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in.
15th August 2015, 12:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, with the back log in any paper upto your 8th semester you are not considered as the graduate candidates.

So you are not eligible to appear in the examination. To become a Probitianry Officer you need to appear in the IBPS and the SBI examination. The eligibility to appear is candidates must have graduation degree from the recognised university and age between the 21-30 years with relaxation for the reserved candidates.

So you cannot apply before you clear your the backlog and get a degree from the recognized university in any discipline.
15th August 2015, 12:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in bank examinations for the post of probationary officer being a B.Tech IT course degree holder as for the bank examinations there is no specific requirement of particular stream.

To become bank probationary officer is the nationalized banks of India you will have to crack the IBPS PO examination or SBI PO examination and the required for appearing in these examinations are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must hold a bachelor degree in any stream of your choice from a recognized university. Also there is no provision of particular percentage bar.

* Also you are required to have the knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based in the present era.

The examinations are held in three stages which are popularly known as Preliminary test, Mains and Personality assessment test all held in mentioned order.

For more details regarding the syllabus, question pattern and notifications of upcoming examinations you can log on the respective links of examinations that are www,ibps.in and www.sbiexam.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?