29th July 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT if I've completed 10th and 12th studies from the Gulf?

I'm pursuing my engineering in Mumbai. However, my 10th and 12th certificates are from my school located in the Gulf, which followed CBSE board. I wanted to know, if in any way, it'll be a hindrance for my application for the CAT Exam.

6th September 2012, 06:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT if I've completed 10th and 12th studies from the Gulf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm pursuing my engineering in Mumbai. However, my 10th and 12th certificates are from my school located in the Gulf, which followed CBSE board. I wanted to know, if in any way, it'll be a hindrance for my application for the CAT Exam.
CAT stands for Common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year for those who are interested to take admission in MBA Course in top business schools.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduation in any stream with minimum 50% marks, Final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT Examination. This examination notification is published in august every year and for this year examination notification was already published.

If you are pursuing your final year degree course then you are eligible for CAT, There is no need to show your 10+2 exam certificates, only graduation certificate is compulsory to apply for CAT.

If your aim is to get admission in top business schools then you have to cracked this examination with good marks. IIM's considered CAT exam scores to get admission in MBA. If you have scored well in CAT, then you are eligible for Group discussion and Personal Interview for final selection.

This year exam notification was already published and online registrations was already started, The last date of apply for this year examination is 19/Sep/2012. But before filling application form, you will need to purchase a CAT 2012 voucher from any of the selected Axis Bank branches till 17 September 2012.

There will be two separately timed sections in the test. The sections are

(a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
(b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus for more details you can checked from the official website:

http://www.catiim.in
6th September 2012, 10:51 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT if I've completed 10th and 12th studies from the Gulf?

Yes , you can apply for CAT if you have completed 10th and 12th studies from the Gulf countries as the eligibility criteria for the CAT exam is graduation with 50% marks.CAT stands for Common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year for those who are interested to take admission in MBA Course in top business schools.

But as your 10th & 12th classes are from Gulf , then you can do your graduation from this country & then appear for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?