17th September 2013, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th

I GOT 69.06% IN 10TH , IN 12TH 66.50%.BUT IN B.E.(EXTC)final year i got pass class. i.e.40% marks . can i give CAT EXAM.?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKING YOU

17th September 2013, 08:23 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests
After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

In CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation

Important Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 5th Aug 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013
CAT result- 14th January 2014
17th September 2013, 08:29 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th

CAT - Common Admission Test, is an entrance exam, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to 2 years Post Graduation MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The 10th standard mark is not required for application to CAT as the minimum educational qualification for CAT is Graduation Degree.

Eligibility Criteria for CAT:-

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of Education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
17th September 2013, 11:39 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

CAT(Common Aptitude Test) is a all India entrance examination for getting admission in Post Graduation. two year course of MBA in some good management Institudes like IIMs,IEMs etc.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CAT

* Candidate who passed the following program or in final year of such program are eligible
Graduation in any discipline((B.Sc,B.A,B.Com),BE,B.TECH,BBA.

* There is no specific marks required in graduation for eligible in CAT.

* There is no age boundary for eligible in CAT.

* Candidate can attempt any number of time for CAT.

* CATscore is valid upto two year.Current year in which you are appearing for exam and next exam.

For being eligible in IIMs you need to have very good percentile in CAT but you need to clear GD and Interview also for getting admission in IIMs.

If you are unable to crack GD,interview you cannot get admission in IIMs.

All the best.....................
17th September 2013, 12:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Common Admission Test is conducted to get admission for the Master of Business Administration and its equivelant courses which is offered in the Indian Institutes of Management.

In fact the Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management under a rotation policy. There are number of colleges that also accepts the CAT score to offer admission.

This include both private college and government colleges. In government colleges, Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology are the most notable to accept the CAT score.

You have mentioned percentage scored in 10th, 12th and graduation. But for the Common Admission Test only the marks in graduation matters which I am afraid to say are not sufficient enough in your case to sit for the Common Admission Test.

40 percent marks in well below the required percentage for the Common Admission Test. Even if you belong to SC/ST still won't be able to appear for the test.

CAT Eligibility

1. You will have to complete graduation.

2. Even in final year you can apply.

3. Must have 50 percent marks in graduation.

4. SC/ST should have 45 percent marks.

5. While there is no relaxation for OBC.

As you can see from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, it won't be possible for you to apply for the Common Admission Test. Instead I would recommend you to appear for the Management Aptitude Test.

The Management Aptitude Test is conducted 4 times a year for Master of Business Administration course. There are number of colleges which accepts this entrance exam. Some of them are very good colleges.

Good thing here is that there is no marks criteria for the Management Aptitude Test. So you won't have any trouble applying for it. Alternatively you can also consider appearing for the MBA entrance exam in your state provided you have sufficient marks to appear for it. In states like Karnataka there is no marks criteria for MBA entrance exam (KMAT).
17th September 2013, 03:13 PM
padmavathinallam567
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th

hello,
Basic eligibility for CAT is

The qualification criterion that is needed for a student to apply for the Common Admission Test is a graduate degree from an approved college. The students can be from any stream, but they are required to have a score of atleast 50 percent in their final exams. Students of the Sc/St/PH and OBC communities require only 45 percentage marks. Those who are writing their final year exam are qualified to appear for the exam too.

Qualifying Examinations for CAT

Candidates who have cleared the qualifying exam by means of any of these methods can apply for the CAT exam. Aspirants who have done their graduation from any university accepted by the Association of Indian Universities or the All India Council for Technical Education can apply for the CAT exam. Albeit this is the basic qualification required to write the CAT exam, the criterion will change according to the norms of the institutions.

Who can apply for CAT?

All permanent residents of India are eligible to appear for the test. In addition to it, foreign nationals who fulfill the needed eligibly criterion can apply for the Common Admission Test.

Eligibility for the Foreign Nationals/NRI/PIO for CAT

The eligibility that is needed for foreign nationals, PIO’s or NRI’s is that they must have a Bachelors degree with a minim of 50% (candidates of the SC/ST, PWD categories must have a minimum of 45%). The certification must be from any of the Universities that are accredited by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Candidates who will be writing the final exam are also qualified to appear for the CAT exam. Those who have finished their studies and are expecting their results can submit an application for the exam too.

Special reservation and scholarship for Diaspora Children for CAT

The candidates of the Diaspora category will be given scholarships in India through the CAT. 100 seats are allotted to these candidates. Amongst that 50 percent of the scholarship slots will be reserved for the NRI’s and the remaining 50 percent for the PIO’s. Incase there are no eligible PIO candidates, the vacant seats will be allocated to the to NRI candidates.
17th September 2013, 06:19 PM
bat cool

Hello

Eligibility for CAT :
You must complete Bachelor's degree from a recognised university or colleges in any stream. The minimum percentage of marks required is 50%. There is no restriction regarding age and no. of attempts

The pattern of CAT exam :

The duration of CAT exam is 2hours 30 minutes and it has 2 sections with 60 questions. The topics covered are Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Verbal ability and Quantitative ability.
Each correct answer will give +3 marks and wrong answer will give -1 marks

all the best
17th September 2013, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I GOT 69.06% IN 10TH , IN 12TH 66.50%.BUT IN B.E.(EXTC)final year i got pass class. i.e.40% marks . can i give CAT EXAM.?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKING YOU

Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission in complete 2 year full time MBA - management program 2014

CAT eligibility criteria:-

1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.
2.You should have secured at least 50% in your graduation.
3.There is 5% relaxation in the required graduation percentage for SC/ST/PH students.
4.There is no age limit to appear in this test.

If your degree is recognized then you are applicable for CAT Exam .

Best Books for CAT Exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitive Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitive Aptitude for CAT

List of the Top 10 Coaching Center for CAT exam in India :-

Career Forum

Career Launcher (CL)

IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd

Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)

Bulls Eye Knowledge Systems

ERUDITE

Touchstone Educational (P.) Ltd.

Roots Education, Delhi

Ascent Education

Brilliant Study Center
18th September 2013, 05:53 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "CAT" stands for Common Admission Test. This Test is conducted every year for the admission of candidates in the Indian Institutes of Management for the MBA Course.

The CAT Exam is conducted every year by the Indian Institutes of Management in rotation.

The Minimum Educational Qualification required for CAT Exam is Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

So , No matter how much percentage if marks you have secured in std. 10th or std. 12 , only the percentage secured by you in Graduation matters the most.

The Qualifications Required for the Common Admission Test are :

** The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

** The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.

** The candidates get a relaxation of 5% marks in graduation.

** No Relaxation is given to OBC Candidates.

** There is no age limit for the Common Admission Test.

** There is no bar on the number of attempts for the CAT Exam.

** The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

Since you have secured 40% marks in Graduation so you are not eligible for the CAT Exam even if you belong to SC/ST Category as they get only 5% relaxation.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
19th September 2013, 02:09 PM
mack_007

CAT Stands for Stands for Common Admission Test.

The CAT exam is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management. CAT is one of the best MBA Entrance Exam. which is held by IIM (Indian Institutes of Management) for MBA Courses. This Exam is held in November usually on third sunday of November. Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance test for admission in Management Courses.

AT exam contains two sections. The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Eligibility

Candidate must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized College or University with at least 50% marks.

Candidates who have cleared the qualifying exam by means of any of these methods can apply for the CAT exam.

You must be Indian citizen.

Best Books

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test (Paperback)
by Rajesh Balasubramanian
Rs. 358

Target New CAT - Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Tests : 5 Mock Papers and Past 6 Year Papers 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts
Rs. 165

CAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers (With CD) (Paperback)
by Deepak Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Rs. 248

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Rs. 385

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Rs. 352

Important Dates

CAT 2013 Voucher Sale/ Online Registration: 5 August – 24 September 2013

CAT 2013 Registration Window : 5 August – 26 September 2013

CAT 2013 Test Dates: 16 October – 11 November 2013

CAT 2013 Results : 14 January 2014
20th September 2013, 08:05 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This is a prestigious exam conducted every year by Indian Institutes of Management (IIM). Candidates who qualify this test are eligible to pursue MBA course in IIM’s and top MBA colleges in India.
It’s nice you think about CAT examination but the minimum qualification needed to take CAT examination is Graduation. No matter what you have scored in 10th & 12th. You have to score higher marks in Graduation. There are some other qualifications needed for the examination. These are mentioned below:

Required qualifications for CAT examination are :

* Candidates with Bachelor’s in any stream from a recognized college / university.

* At least 50% marks is needed in Graduation if belongs to General / OBC category.

* SC/ST candidates have a relaxation of 5% marks in Graduation.

* There is no limit of attempting this examination.

* There is no age limit criteria have been set for this examination.

* Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.

So you have seen 50% marks is needed in Graduation to apply for the exam if you belong to General / OBC category and at least 45% marks is needed if you are a SC/ST candidate. In both the cases you are ineligible for this exam.

But don’t be sad you can attempt for MAT examination if you wish. No. of colleges provide admission on MAT exam results.

That’s it

Thanks.
2nd March 2016, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR
I HAVE PASSED CLASS 12TH WITH 55%. I WANT TO JOIN BLACKCAT .IWANT YOUR HELP
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?