4th November 2010, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

How To Join Indian Army?

dear sir/madam,
I am vamsi vikram,ive completed by 12th in the year of 2006,i had been looking after my dads business and joined a bpo(call centre) n was only into it... now i realize im not happy with this, i want to do something for my country and my people, i am not a graduate,im 23years old now, 4 long years of break in studies, i want to join the army but how?? what position can i join for?? ive a NCC "C" certificate, now what should i do?? i dont have any friends who knows about army,how to join,where to go,what designations would be in army for me etc... i kindly request you to please make some time and let me know the procedure and if im eligible to join the army.... please.....thank you in advance...

Regards,
Vamsi Vikram...

5th November 2010, 09:49 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How To Join Indian Army?

hi....man

do you have it in you..
this motto you will heard and read when you will go for SSB .
whats SSB means its a service selection board.

before you will go for joining indian army. its a selection procedure in which 3 phases are there
1. screening test
2. conference
3.medical test

now the question is how we will come to face these nice oppertunity
these are the list of joining indian army
after 12th
TES ENTRY(16.1\2 to 19.1\2 is the age limit)
NDA ENTRY

and after graduation or at the time of final year or pre final students can apply

these are the list
UES ENTRY
CDS ENTRY
TGS ENTRY

even a direct entry scheme is there only for C CERTIFICATE HOLDER IN NCC..

thanks go for it
5th November 2010, 02:00 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS to JOIN ARMY BUT AFTER 12TH YOU CAN JOIN THROUGH NDA EXAM, WHICH REQUIRE PHYSICS,CHEM, AND MATHS CUMPULSORY IN CLASS 12TH WITH 60%. YOU NEED TO CLEAR THIS WRITTEN EXAM FIRST AND THEN HAVE TO FACE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, GROUP DISCUSSION AND AN INTERVIEW.
5th November 2010, 07:27 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Well Vikram,

There are various entry schemes in Indian National Army (INA), I am discussing some famous ones in brief.

NDA: is conducted by UPSC (http://upsc.gov.in) twice every year probably in the months of april and september, notification for which are announced in employment news.Candidate you had passed class 12 (Any subject) can appear for Army wing of NDA, Candidate you had passed/appeared class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate can appear for NAvy & AIrforce wings.age limit- 16 years- 19 1/2 years.

TES: Candidates who have passed class 12 PCM with at least 70% aggregate can find direct entry to defence after cracking a small entrance conducted by Defence service itself.Notifaca are announced in employment news.

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

SSC:
short service commission,is ment for candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Eligibility criteria-For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

you can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.

Now as per your qualification you are not eligible for any of the schemes. As you can see your age is the major problem. At the age of 23 years you required to be a graduate. So, way to your dream career is not only difficult but Impossible.

Yes, a ray of hope is also there if you want to join INA 'Below Officer Rank' as we know that Officer rank starts from "Lieutinent", below which ranks linke- Major Subedar, Subedar, Sholdier, cook etc. are available. Even there in 'Below Officer Rank' posts and jobs are qualification based. Posts like- Major Subedar (Highest post in 'Below Officer Rank' category) comes after years of experiance, and sometime also direct recruitment but generally for Diploma Engineers.

So, according to your qualification and age following options are available for you in 'Below Officer Rank' category.

Soldier (Nursing Assistant) : Candidate must be a 12th pass with 50% aggregate including Physics, Chemistry, MAthematics and English.

Age Limit:- 17 1/2 - 23 years.

Soldier (General and Special Duty): No such qualification requriement, even a non- matric can join it.

Age Limit:- 17 1/2 - 23 years.

Junior Comissioned Officer (generally for catering department): Candidate must be a 12th pass + 1 year Diploma or Certificate holder in catering, cooking etc.

Age Lmit:- 21 - 27 years.

Surveyor: BA or B.sc graduate with 12th from science background with at least 50%.

Age Limit:- 21 - 25 years.

Now you can plan your further step according.

Advice: Start reading Employment News, because it is a news paper published by govt. of India from Delhi every saturday. Any Notification/Vacancy/Jobs etc. relating to any government sector weather a safai karamchari or an a Director of any organisation/Institute/Saturatory Body are released in this paper. There is seprate section for where Army/Navy/Airforce vacancies are released.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
5th November 2010, 08:40 PM
ashwani avasthi

Thumbs up Re: How To Join Indian Army?

Dear friend,
You are 23 years old ,the better option for you in Indian Air force is CDS conducted by UPSC, Twice in every year.
For more details you should visit upsc official website- www.upsc.gov.in
Thank you.Good Luck For Indian Air Force.
5th November 2010, 10:43 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Sorry, but u need to complete ur graduation for entering in indian army. after completing graduation modes of entry are:

1. SSC- Short service commission.
2. CDS- Combined defence services.
3. UES- university entry scheme.(armed personnel shortlists agile candidates through campus interview in 3 and 4 year.)

thank you.
6th November 2010, 12:44 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i am very sorry to say that now you have crossed the age limit to become army officer on +2 basis. So, you can not apply for this post.

Thank you
6th November 2010, 09:55 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hiiiiiiiii there are many ways to join army even after 12th class or graduation or after engineering and even for law,medical, sports everything there is a chance to join army.Our government is having more vacancy then the people yearly joined in army...i prefer you to either make regular check on "fresherworld.com" website or Employment newspaper these will give you all detail and vacancy..so be happy and all the best....
7th November 2010, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in class 12 (commerce side) and i want to join Indian army. what should i do?
15th November 2010, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

R hotel management graduates eligible for entry into Logistics Cadre of ARMY,NAVY AND AIRFORCE..??
22nd November 2010, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Atul i am a student of class 2 from (madical side) what can i do for join army
4th December 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i am hotel managment 4year (tech) student and i am join indian army officer& my date of birth 8\10\1988.please tell me
13th December 2010, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am Brindha/Female 29 years old and BE graduated. I would like to join in our Indian army. Is there any opportunity for me to work for our nation at this age?
13th December 2010, 02:21 PM
Brindhaquery

Hi, I am Brindha/Female 29 years old and BE graduated. I would like to join in our Indian army. Is there any opportunity for me to work for our nation at this age?
14th December 2010, 06:41 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How To Join Indian Army?

hello friend

your desire to get into army is really appreciable

for this you have to wait for the notification will be released by army officials

every year this recruitment drive will be taken up according to vacancies and all the other factors

what you have to do is be updated with information and get through it

all the best

~aditya~
15th December 2010, 04:29 AM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: How To Join Indian Army?

hello,

after 12 give an exam of NDA

AFTER CLEARING OF EXAM AN INTERVIEW WILL BE THERE CALLED(SSB)

AND THEN AFTER medical and you get selected welcome to NDA.

good day
15th December 2010, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi, a am srinivasa. my age is 22 im am under graduted. how to join indian army. my hight is 5.6 and whight is 65. give me to some information of indian army i am intreast to join the army.
16th December 2010, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

Dear Aditya,

Thank you so much for your information.
Is there any particular date/month for this notification?

Brindha
19th December 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi, a am raju pal. my age is 21 im am under graduted in (Science side). how to join indian army. my hight is 5.9 and whight is 60. give me to some information of indian army i am intreast to join the army.
21st December 2010, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

hi dear friends i'm dilsher singh
im study in B.A.1 now and my age 20 year old and i'm very interseted in indian army
please give more information about indian army
22nd January 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

HI I AM PRAVEEN BABU I HAVE COMPLETED MY 10TH & ITI (INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE) AS A ELECTRITICIAN CAN I HAVE A CHANCE TO JOIN IN INDIAN ARMY ?
25th February 2011, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

hai iam vijiay raj.k i had finished my diploma in nursing at 2009.
9th March 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Respected, sir
i'm mahesh chettri from sikkim but i'm not a citizen of india. Actuly i'm a citizen of nepal. Sir i'm very much intersted in army. So, sir i want to join the india army plze tel how can i apply for it.......
14th April 2011, 09:42 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir/madam,
I am vamsi vikram,ive completed by 12th in the year of 2006,i had been looking after my dads business and joined a bpo(call centre) n was only into it... now i realize im not happy with this, i want to do something for my country and my people, i am not a graduate,im 23years old now, 4 long years of break in studies, i want to join the army but how?? what position can i join for?? ive a NCC "C" certificate, now what should i do?? i dont have any friends who knows about army,how to join,where to go,what designations would be in army for me etc... i kindly request you to please make some time and let me know the procedure and if im eligible to join the army.... please.....thank you in advance...

Regards,
Vamsi Vikram...
Hey friend,

For information regarding how to join Indian army refer below for information:

General Eligibility Criteria:
Unmarried male Indian citizens (including those of Nepal) are eligible.

Essential Qualification:
Matriculation or equivalent with Mathematics, English and Science.
Age Limits:
16 to 23 years.

Physical Standards:
Height - 167 cms, relaxable for certain regions.
Weight - 50 kg, relaxable for certain regions.
Chest - 77/82 cm.

Medical Standards:
A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health. Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion. Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP-III. Should recognize red and green colours. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points. Should not have disease like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocle or piles.
18th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

i want up dates to my email
6th May 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i m b.tech graduate and born in 1983 i want to join INDIAN ARMY, is there any chance for me to join INDIAN ARMY. Please update me i really want to get into it.egardsc

Thanks &Regards
Gurpreet
13th June 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone,
I have b.com graduate 24 years old boys. what i do for joining the Indian army?
Please suggest me or help me.

Thanks
Navang Dwivedi
17th June 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

how r u sir myself rahul.singh from haryana /my father is also working in army and i also want to joint army /i am 16 years old studying in 10 /my weight is 55 kg /sir can u give me a chance to do anything for my country /thank u very much sir.
11th August 2011, 12:05 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,
]
do you have it in you..

before you will go for joining indian army. its a selection procedure in which 3 phases are there
1. screening test
2. conference
3.medical test

after 12th
NDA ENTRY

and after graduation or at the time of final year or pre final students can apply

these are the list
UES ENTRY
CDS ENTRY
TGS ENTRY

Thanks
11th August 2011, 12:15 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,
]
do you have it in you..

1. screening test
2. conference
3.medical test

after 12th
NDA ENTRY

these are the list
UES ENTRY
CDS ENTRY
TGS ENTRY

Thanks
11th August 2011, 11:49 AM
BINNI SAINI1

[B]sir.
i am passed 12th in arts.now i am in b.a-3rd yy .my age 21 years old .please tell me carrier option in army after 12th arts.
11th August 2011, 11:53 AM
BINNI SAINI1

sir. i am passed 12th in arts.now i am in b.a-3rd yy .my age 21 years old .please tell me carrier option in army after 12th arts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shagun.jpg
Views:	3834
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	40981  
11th August 2011, 11:57 AM
BINNI SAINI1

sir. i am passed 12th in arts.now i am in b.a-3rd yy .my age 21 years old .please tell me carrier option in army after 12th arts
22nd September 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my diploma in "INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY" I WANT to join any defence services.
how to join?
30th September 2011, 05:54 PM
dil-jale

hi dear,
if you go for indian army then many option for you like as NDA ,CDS ,SSC EXAM

ELIGIBILITY FOR NDA-

candidates pass or appear in 12th exam with 50% with maths subject
there age should be 16.5-19 years

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS AND SSC exam

candidates graduates from any reconised institutes with any stream
there age should be 21-30 years

thanks
1st October 2011, 12:55 AM
shibendu

Dear friend,
You must sit for NDA examination if you want to join Indian Army.

But you should have the following criteria :

you must have pass 12th standard examination.
You must be an Indian.
12th October 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, my name is Abhishek,i am 10th passed. How i join indian army as a Soldire.Please help me i have no idea.
12th October 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My name is Abhishek Lal.I am 10th passed. How i join indian army as a Soldire? please sir help me, i have no idea.
19th November 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

How to join indian army after bca ?I obtain 62% markes in bca.
21st November 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

SIR
I HAVED PASSED NCC C CERTIFICATE B GRADE IN 2009 I HAVE COMPLETED GRADUATION WITH 44.4%
6th December 2011, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am Rakesh from jaipur. i did complit my B.A. and i want to know that is there any chance to join indian army for hoteler person. presently i am workin in a five star hotel .
29th February 2012, 08:15 PM
edward1989

You are 23 years old ,the better option for you in Indian Air force is CDS conducted by UPSC, Twice in every year.
29th February 2012, 08:16 PM
edward1989

20th March 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm subhash chauhan, 22yr, 12 passed in art side, plz tell me is there any way to join in army as a headconstable rank, i want to join either army or parachute regiment, plz help me
21st March 2012, 11:38 PM
vijaykumarsriram
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir/madam,

Regards,
Vamsi Vikram...
har mr vamsi vikram
there are many ways to join army even after 12th class or graduation or after engineering andeven for law,medical, sports everything there is a chance to join army.Our government is having more vacancy then the people yearly joined in army...i prefer you to either make regular check on"fresherworld.com" website or Employment newspaper these will give you all detail and vacancy..so be happy and all the best....
5th August 2012, 04:52 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

Hii dear......
for joining Indian army....
you give a entrance exam ....

-> CDS exam:This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in year. this exam eligibility is :

1.Graduate with B.tech,B.Sc
2.60% marks in degree
3.Age between 19-23 year

so all the best dear...
1st January 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

what can i join indian army(NDA) with passing 12th PCB(69%)?
1st January 2013, 10:12 PM
24himani

Smile Re: How To Join Indian Army?

Sorry to say but you are not eligible.Physics, Chemistry and Maths are mandatory in class 12th with 60% marks.
But if you are fully dedeicated to go to army then you can do Btech in Biotechnology, Food technology, Nanotechnology (since you had biology, you are eligible for Engineering in these subjects).
After Btech with 60% marks you can apply in airforce as well as army, because one of eligibilty criteria is Engineering.
1st January 2013, 11:26 PM
Snehithreddy

hi..........friends

SYSTEM OF SELECTION

There are a number of ways in which one could get a commission in the Army. You can join right after school or after graduation. The selection procedures are impartial, objective and are uniformly applied to one and all and have only one aim – to “select the best”.

TYPES OF COMMISSION
The Army offers both permanent and short service commission. Permanent commission (PC) is granted through the Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun and Short Service Commission (SSC) is granted through Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai. When you opt for ‘PC’, you are basically looking at a permanent career in the Army, a career till you retire. SSC is a wonderful option for all those of you who aspire to serve it for a few years. It gives you the option of joining the Army, and serving it as a commissioned officer for ten years. Once your tenure is over, you are allowed to opt for PC. Alternatively, you can also ask for a four years extension and can choose to resign from your post any time during this period.

PERMANENT
 NDA - AFTER 10+2(Through UPSC)
 DIRECT ENTRY (Through UPSC)
 ENGINEERING GRADUATES - TGC
 UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME 10+2 TES

SHORT SERVICE

 NON-TECH (Both men & women)
 TECH (Both men & women)
 NCC SPECIAL ENTRY (Both men & women)
LAW GRADUATES(Both men & women)

2nd January 2013, 07:33 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined generally through NDA(National Defence Academy) entrance exam conducted twice every year by UPSC after 12th.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 yuears with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

You can also join Indian Army through UES(University Special Entry) scheme and NCC special entry scheme conducted by Indian Army.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in AND http://www.joinindianarmy.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?