3rd January 2012, 10:07 PM
gehlaut.

Can I apply for flying department in Indian Air Force after passing 12th with 49% and B.Tech IT with 63%?

i am a male and have passed my 12th class with just 49% but have done btech in information technology with 63% can i apply for flying department in indian air force.plz help me out.

4th February 2012, 06:50 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for flying department in Indian Air Force after passing 12th with 49% and B.Tech IT with 63%?

As B.Tech IT you are eligible to join Indian Air Force. You have to appear for the Combined Defense Service exam conducted by UPSC. For Air Force minimum age limit is 19 years and maximum is 23 years. If you are within the age limit then you are surely eligible to appear for the test. If you are interested then the forms will be available from 02.06.2012 till 02.07.2012 for the written test to be held on 16.09.2012. Refer the official website: http://upsc.gov.in for more information.
12th February 2012, 06:20 PM
Sagar Keshari

Default Re: Can I apply for flying department in Indian Air Force after passing 12th with 49% and B.Tech IT with 63%?

If you want to join the IAF after your 12th class, then you have to apply for the NDA exam. It is an All India Entrance Examination which selects candidates who are eligible and capable and also stand in the merit.

This exam is conducted in NDA I and NDA II by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

** If you are an undergraduate, i.e just passed class 12th, so the NDA I is for you.

• The Basic Eligibility criteria says, that you should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or any other state board in India like NOS.
• Your age should lie within 16.5 to 19 years and no relaxation would be provided in this criteria to any candidates.
• If you want to apply for the IAF or Navy then you must have studied Physics and Mathematics as your subjects in Higher Secondary.
• Physical fitness is also a very important criteria for this exam. So you have to be fit and free of any illness.

Thus make sure that you satisfy all these criteria's before you fill up the application for the NDA.

For your information, I must tell you that UPSC has released the NDA 2012 Notification very recently on its website.

Click Here to apply for the same online.

--> The last date to apply and register yourself for the NDA 2012 is set as 30th January 2012. So please do the needful before this date.

--> The NDA 2012 exam would take place on 15th April 2012 which is a Sunday.

If you want to visit the official website of the UPSC, Please Click Here.

I am also attaching a UPSC NDA 2012 Official Notification and the Structure and Pattern of the exam. Please Download and refer for your information.

Hope this helps

All the best friend
13th February 2012, 04:03 PM
unagi

Through NDA you can enter any of the defence services like Indian Army,Indian Airforce and Indian Navy.For this exam You should be minimum in 12th class or you should have completed with Physics ,Chemistry and Mathamatics .Your age should be between 16 1/2 - 19 1/2.NDA gives you the job which you can not even think of it,Its a good choice to for and work for the Nation .The next exam date for NDA is 21 aug and but the last date to avail the form was 9th may .So I would suggest you to apply next time and clear the exam.
I wish you all the best !!!
13th February 2012, 09:11 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehlaut. View Post
i am a male and have passed my 12th class with just 49% but have done btech in information technology with 63% can i apply for flying department in indian air force.plz help me out.
Yes of course,you are eligible to apply for Indian Air force examination.

Flying department consist of three ways :-
  • Combined Defence Service examination
  • National Crops Cadet Special Entry
  • Flying(pilot)Short Service Commission

Combined Defence Service :-
  • The candidate need to completed graduate degree or B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
  • The candidate must have a Mathematics and Physics at 12th level examination.
  • Final year of candidates are eligible to apply for CDS examination.
  • There is no backlogs at the time of appearing for this examination.
  • Age should be between 19 years and 23 years.
NCC Special Entry :-
  • The candidate need to completed graduate degree or B.E/B.Tech with 60% from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
  • Final year of candidates with 60% marks in aggregate upto the previous year may also eligible to apply for NCC examination.
  • NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate.

Flying(pilot) Short Service Commission :-
  • The candidate need to completed graduate degree or B.E/B.Tech with 60% from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
  • Final year of candidates with 60% marks in aggregate upto the previous year may also eligible to apply for SSC examination.
13th February 2012, 10:42 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
Indian air force details eligibility criteria & details information how to apply & more.

Good luck.........
19th July 2012, 10:28 AM
pandari.patnam

iam 12th passed 49% marks ihave apply for this job my email [email protected]
26th September 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

ashutosh can i apply in indian air force non technical job after passing 12th with 49%
20th October 2012, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for Y group for Air Force after passing 10th with 65% and 12th with 56%?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?