7th August 2016, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Food Inspector job by doing hotel management?

Respect sir/ma'am,My name is Sarthak Singh. Currently I'm doing my graduation in hotel management. I'm in final year. Is there any chance to apply for the job of food inspector by doing the hotel management?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply for food inspector post after passing hotel management?
  2. Can I apply for Food Inspector Job having done 4 year Degree course in Hotel Management and working in Hotel Industry?
  3. Information on Food Inspector exam after Hotel Management?
  4. Can a Hotel Management Student apply for Food Inspector Exam? Date of food inspector exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to become a food inspector after completing Hotel Management?
  6. How should I apply for Food Inspector Post? What is the procedure? I am a Hotel Management Student
  7. Am I eligible for food inspector? How to become food inspector and What's the exam date for the same? I have done B.Sc degree in hotel and tourism management and have working experience in five star hotel
  8. Am i eligible to apply for food inspector post after doing hotel management course?
  9. How to apply for food inspector entrance?
  10. Which post graduate course should i do to become a Food Safety Inspector?
  11. How to become a food inspector after doing Hotel Managemeent in Bangalore University?
  12. What to do to become a Food Inspector being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Sc in Hotel Management?
  13. Can I become the food inspector while studying Hotel Management?
  14. Can I do Food Inspector course after completing hotel management? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?
  16. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after doing Hotel Management?
  17. Am I eligible for food inspector after completing hotel management from Bharti Vidyapeeth
  18. How to apply for food inspector? What is the exam date and procedure?
7th August 2016, 08:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Food Inspector job by doing hotel management?

The examination for recruitment of candidates as Food Inspector is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Medicine, Food Technology, Biotechnology Dairy Technology etc. So, if you have bachelor degree in above discipline you can appear for examination.

It is not necessary to have master of business administration degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in written and interview stage for final selection.
7th August 2016, 08:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Those candidates who are interested to become a Food Inspector then the candidate should be qualified in the UPSC entrance examination.

The applicants who are belong from science stream candidates are only eligible to apply for Food Inspector post.

Age limit:-

The age limit should be in between 18 years to 35 years and upper age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules.

So, you are satisfy the above criteria then you are eligible for food inspector Examination.

So, after doing hotel management you can do job in Food Inspector.
7th August 2016, 11:28 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Food Inspector job by doing hotel management?

As you have done your graduation from Hotel management course you can not apply for the Food Inspector recruitment,as only the graduates from medical related disciplines such as Agriculture,pharmacy,Food technology and diary technology only can apply for this recruitment of Food Inspector.

There are certain requirements needed to satisfied in order to appear for the Food Inspector recruitment such as
  • Should have attained 18 years and not exceed 28 years of age limit for General candidates and the age relaxations as per the government specifications for other category of candidates.
  • Should have done or completed the Graduation in Medicine,Pharmacy,Diary technology

These are the minimum requirements in order to appear for the food inspector recruitment.

so you must possess degree in the above mentioned branches of study as you are from hotel management you are not eligible to appear for Food inspector recruitment.
8th August 2016, 12:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respect sir/ma'am,My name is Sarthak Singh. Currently I'm doing my graduation in hotel management. I'm in final year. Is there any chance to apply for the job of food inspector by doing the hotel management?
No, hotel management students are not eligible for Food Inspector exam.

Those who have completed graduation in Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for Food Inspector exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
5th April 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I am doing hotel management but I am not interested in this .so,i want to apply for food inspector job.can we do diplamo in food technology to get this job
16th August 2019, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

BSC IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST OF FOOD INSPECTOR ????
8th January 2020, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing my BSC final year with pcm as subject can I become a food inspector
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?