30th October 2011, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science?

Can i apply for IFS exam after my graduation under BSC enviromental science as it s considered as an applied science?

Related Questions:
  1. Government/Non Government job opportunities after completing of MSc Environmental Science?
  2. What should I study in M.Sc to apply for IFS being a B.Sc(PCM) 1st year student?
  3. How can I apply for UGC CSIR NET in Chemical Sciences? I have done BSc in Chemistry
  4. What is the scope of Ph.D Environmental Science?
  5. Scope after completing MSc environmental science? Any government job after MSc Environmental Science? After MSc Environmental Science in which area can I apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Reputed Colleges in Karnataka offering M.Sc in Environmental Science? What are the available Diploma Programs in Environmental Science?
  7. Am I eligible to do M.Sc in Environmental Science? Universities offering this course? Career opportunities after doing M.Sc in Environmental Science?
  8. Am I eligible for IAS, IPS and IFS while studying BSc Computer Science
  9. Is there any course we have to take before doing B.Sc Environmental Science?
  10. Eligibility for PhD in Environmental Science from Osmania University? -- [New]
  11. What is the government job prospects after completion MSc in environmental science course?
  12. Various government organisations which provides 4 weeks industrial training related to Environmental Science?
  13. Can I apply for IFS after BSc?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Environmental Science at JNU if completed B.Sc Fishery?
  15. How to study M.Tech in Environmental after completing Msc in Environmental Science?
  16. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
  17. M.S or M.Tech in Environmental science after B.Tech (Biotechnology) for pursuing Ph.D in Environmental science?
  18. List of jobs I can apply for, after completing MSC in environmental science?
30th October 2011, 12:40 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science?

hi dear...
yes you can apply for this exam for more details you can visit website of upsc.

good luck..........
30th October 2011, 01:25 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science?

Indian Forest Service

This examination is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].you are eligible for this examination,.
for appear in this examination, you must have graduation degree from a recognized college with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering .

The age limit for this examination for this examination is 21-30 years ,.
there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxation are applicable for the SC\ST& OBC candidates respectively.

Candidates are required to apply Online only using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the website.
All Online applications can be filled up to April 18, 2011 till 11.59 pm.

CLICK HERE FOR -http://www.upsc.gov.in/

thank you!!
~gamble~
30th October 2011, 03:11 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science?

Dear pal,
UPSC conducts the Indian forest service exam for admitting the eligible candidates to the forest service
the aspirant should have completed his bachelor degree one of the below branch
botany
zoology
animal husbandry
mathematics
agriculture
chemistry
physics
geology
statistics
veterinary
forestry
the aspirants have restricted number of attempts.
For sc and st aspirants there is no restriction.
For obc candidate number of attempt is 7
for general candidate the number of restriction is 4.
The age eligibility for the exam is maximum of 30 for general category . For sc and st candidate the relaxation is 5 years for obc candidate it is 3 years.
You can apply in the website www.upsconline.nic.in
31st October 2011, 12:49 AM
vivek050

hi friends

This examination is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].you are eligible for this examination,.
for appear in this examination, you must have graduation degree from a recognized college with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering .
-UPSC conducts the Indian forest service exam for admitting the eligible candidates to the forest service
the aspirant should have completed his bachelor degree one of the below branch
botany
zoology
animal husbandry
mathematics
agriculture
chemistry
physics
geology
statistics
veterinary
forestry
the aspirants have restricted number of attempts.
For sc and st aspirants there is no restriction.
For obc candidate number of attempt is 7
for general candidate the number of restriction is 4.
The age eligibility for the exam is maximum of 30 for general category . For sc and st candidate the relaxation is 5 years for obc candidate it is 3 years.

thanks
20th November 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in Indian Air force after B.Sc. in enviroment science?
21st November 2011, 12:57 AM
vinay sheel verma

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc in Environmental Science?

OF cource you can attend the commission of IFS as it just needs graduation which you have completed ..
so best of luck
21st November 2011, 06:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i apply for IFS exam after my graduation under BSC enviromental science as it s considered as an applied science?
Yes , B.Sc in Environmental science student are eligible for IFS exam.

INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAM

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

A Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

AGE CRITERIA

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

For examination schedule you can visit to UPSC website.
29th November 2011, 06:41 PM
litunu

The age limit for this examination for this examination is 21-30 years ,.
there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxation are applicable for the SC\ST& OBC candidates respectively.
4th January 2012, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for IFS after completing my graduation in physical science?
4th January 2012, 10:43 AM
nandahemam

Can i apply for IFS after completing my Graduation in physical science?
3rd May 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IPS exams? i have completed b.sc. environmental science? and which one is better IFS or IPS?
4th May 2013, 01:53 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
You will be Eligible to apply for this exam,if you subject comes in any one of the given subjects.These subjects are :-
  1. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
  2. Botany.
  3. Chemistry.
  4. Geology.
  5. Mathematics.
  6. Physics.
  7. Statistics.
  8. Zoology.
  9. Agriculture.
  10. Forestry.
Educational qualification :- You should be Graduation passed out from recognized university.

• Your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your age should not be above 30 years.
NOTE :- For applying in the year of 2013-14 your date of birth should not be before 1983.

Exam Fee - Rs 100 paying in any SBI Branch through Online/Offline Mode.

Details of Exam Syllabus for IFS

4th May 2013, 02:39 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IFS after completion of B.Sc. in Environmental Science.

IFS - Indian Forest Service, to become an IFS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in Science stream or pass with any one subject like Animal Husbandry/Forestry/Botany/Zoology/Physics, Statistics/Agriculture/Environmental Science/Veterinary Science from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness, can apply for IFS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th May 2013, 08:25 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you can apply for IFS after completing B.Sc. in environmental science.

IFS – Indian Forest services

IFS exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility for IFS –

You must have bachelor’s degree in any of the following –

Animal Husbandry & veterinary science
Botany
Zoology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Forestry
Agriculture
Chemistry
Geology

Your age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

( Upper age is relaxed for 3years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST )

There are three stages of IFS exam -

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
30th July 2013, 11:29 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to sit for the IFS Examination.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This exam's notification comes out in the month of February or March generally and the exam takes place in the month of July.

Eligibility Criteria:-

~You need to be a citizen of India.

~To give the IFS Exam you need to have a degree in any one of the following subjects: Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Mathematics, Zoology, Statistics, Agriculture and Forestry or you can get a degree in engineering from a recognized university.

~You have to attain the minimum age of 21 years to give this exam. This is the minimum age limit for giving this exam.

~The upper age limit for general category candidate is 30 years.

~For the reserved category candidates there is upper age limit relaxation. It is 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for persons with disability.

~General category candidates can give this exam for four times, OBC candidates can give this exam for seven times and there is no restriction on SC/ST candidates.

~The selection procedure basically consists of the following stages:- Preliminary examination and Main examination which can be further sub-divided into two categories:- Written Exam and Interview Session.

Scheme of Examination:-

1. Paper I - General English- 300 Marks
2. Paper II - General Knowledge- 300 Marks
3. Paper III, IV, V & VI - 200 marks for each paper
(Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers.)

List of optional subjects:-
  • Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
You will not be allowed to take the following combination of subjects:-

(a) Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
(b) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(c) Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
(d) Mathematics and Statistics
(e) Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering - not more than one subject

Hope this helps :-> :->
14th April 2020, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc(H) environmental Science graduate. Can I apply for Indian Forest Service Exam?
5th March 2021, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I Completed Bsc environment which optional subject will should Choose for Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?