16th June 2012, 12:22 AM
harjasveer

Can I apply for Indian Air Force after doing my 12th grade with Maths and Economics? I have completed graduation with BCA

hello sir
i have completed my graduation in BCA
but i have done my 10+2 grade with maths & economics. please tell me can i also apply for Indian air force.

16th June 2012, 11:33 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air Force after doing my 12th grade with Maths and Economics? I have completed graduation with BCA

Yes you can join the Air Force after completing BCA. You are eligible to apply for the CDS as well the SSC exam. Since you have not pursued B.Tech for graduation you are not eligible for the technical field. You will be eligible only for flying and ground duty branch. In the ground duty branch you have options to apply to either the accounting branch or the administrative branch.
25th June 2012, 12:33 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Can I apply for Indian Air Force after doing my 12th grade with Maths and Economics? I have completed graduation with BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjasveer View Post
hello sir
but i have done my 10+2 grade with maths & economics. please tell me can i also apply for Indian air force.
Hey friend,

To join in Indian Air Force right after +2 is facinating and good as you tend to show interest in serving the country.

The way by which you can join in Indian Air Force is by writing the entrance exam for it

The entrance exam which you can write with a qualification of +2 is NDA Exam

This exam offers candidates to join in defence who have a qualification of completed +2.

The main thing is that you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.

As you have mentioned that you are a maths and economics student and seems that you have not studied physics as subject you are ineligible for applying for the exam as you not satisfying the education qualification needed for the exam

There are other criteria's which you need to possess but as you are satisfying this itself which is the education qualification you are not eligible for applying.

You can get more information at http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2012, 09:57 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air Force after doing my 12th grade with Maths and Economics? I have completed graduation with BCA

Since you have just completed your graduation, therefore you are eligible to give the CDS entrance exam now.

Here is the complete eligibility criteria of the exam:-

Eligibility Criteria for CDS :-
1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2. For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

Syllabus for CDS:- general english, general knowledge and elementary maths.

Reference books for CDS entrance exam:-

for elementary maths-R.S.Aggarwal

for general english-The Pearson Guide To English For The Combined Defence Services Examination by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe

For general knowledge:- M.Laxmikanth

For more information log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2012, 11:37 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian Air Force through NDA(National Defence Academy) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

To be eligible to join Indian Air Force of NDA one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and should be within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical Fitness.

But in your case you have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Economics as subjects of studies and you have not mentioned whether you have Physics and Chemistry as on of the subject in 12th. So you will not be eligible to apply for Indian Air Force wing of NDA.

But if you are interested you may apply for Indian Army of NDA for which you are eligible.

After BCA which means after Graduation with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of study you can apply for Indian Military/Air Force/Naval/Officer's Training Academy through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam conducted by UPSC within the age of 19 to 25 years of age.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2012, 12:19 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
sorry to say you can not give the entrance of air force NDA exam because you have not do study about physics. only maths is not required for NDA physics subject is also necessary to give the NDA exam.
Eligibility
candidate should be complete 12th class with maths and physics subject.
candidate should be male and unmarried.
candidate age should be 16.5-19 yrs.

you can apply for CDS exam.

for more details you can visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

good luck
25th June 2012, 01:27 PM
tanveersandhu

Yes my friend you can go for INDIAN AIR FORCE by clearing the NDA exam. Since you have done BCA you can go into the Administrative field and not in the technical fields. And there are also a lot of other fields available for you to go into such as accounting. So Best of Luck with that.
25th June 2012, 05:21 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

yes you are join the indian air force with the mathematics subject but you dont need the economics. But you have the mathematics and economics. You need the subjects are physics chemistry and mathematics.

To join the indian air force first you need to apply for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for the National Defence Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission twice in a year.

That is

NDA-I

NDA-II

NDA has three wings

Indian Army

Navy

Indian Air force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Educational Qualification:

The candidate need to complete the 12th standard from any recognized state board of india.

The candidate eligible for this NDA exam there is no minimum percentage required.

The physics chemistry and mathematics subjects compulsory have to the indian air force and navy exams.

Age limit:

The candidate minimum age is 16.5 years and maximum age is 19 years.

There is no upper age relaxation for the any other categories.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

Physical Standard:

The candidate should have physical fitness to eligible this exam.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written test

Interview

Medical Test

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
25th June 2012, 07:29 PM
mitesh1995

hello friend

sorry to say you can not give the entrance ofair force NDA exam because you have not dostudy about physics. only maths is not required for NDA physics subject is also necessary to give the NDA exam.
Eligibility
candidate should be complete 12th class with maths and physics subject.
candidate should be male and unmarried.
candidate age should be 16.5-19 yrs.
you can apply for CDS exam.
for more details you can visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
good luck
25th June 2012, 08:02 PM
cenahlr

hi,
You can indian air force after 12th by applying nda exam.
By applying cds exam after bca.
For more,
http://upsc.gov.in
25th June 2012, 08:11 PM
GURINDER BILLING

hello friend....!!!!

->Yes you can give the NDA II entrance exam after giving your class 12 board exam.

->girls are not eligible for NDA .

->unmarried man are eligible.

->Here is the eligibility criteria,please check the eligibility criteria:-

NDA entrance exam eligibility criteria:-

>You should be minimum 12 pass out
>age limit-16.5-19 yrs
>you should be an unmarried citizen of india

->Exam pattern:-

>paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
>paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
>part A is english of 200 marks
>part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
>so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session on the basis of which you are chosen,so,always prepare the interview session carefully and give it with full confidence.

ALL THE BEST....
For more information you can visit the official website i.g given as follows:-

www.upsc.gov.in
so,work hard my friend...!!!
25th June 2012, 08:18 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjasveer View Post
hello sir

HELLO!!

after completing graduation ONE can apply for Indian Airforce through Combined defense services examination commonly known as CDSE.this is an exam conducted by the UPSC twice every year..

~~notification----in months of august and march

~~date of exam-----months of february and august

Eligibility CDS

• candidates having graduation and candidates in their final year of graduation can apply in case they are eligible for the various branches of Indian Defense Services.
  • for Indian millitary academy ----Degree or equivalent from a recognized university
  • for officers training academy----Degree or equivalent from a recognized university
  • For Naval Academy------B.Sc with physics and mathematics or bachelor of engineering
  • for Indian Airforce academy----B.Sc with physics and/or mathematics or bachelor of engineering
hence you can not apply for Indian airforce directly but only though ground Duty branches..

age limits-----

19-24---Indian millitary academy

19-22----Indian naval academy

19-23---Indian Airforce academy

19-25---officers tarining academy

for more information visit---http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/

hope this helped............

with regards
roknits
15th August 2012, 04:14 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

Since you have Not completed your 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Maths you are not Eligible for NDA (National Defense Academy).

But you Can Join CDS (Combined Defense Service). and SSE for taking Admission in Indian Air Force.

Good Luck
28th August 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Medical if I have not studied Physics in my 12th grade
20th November 2012, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12 with maths and physics and completed graduation with bca may i eligible for airforce officer in pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?