18th April 2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after completing PG 2nd semester?

i complete my P G 2nd sem can i apply for NET XAMS....could u please send to me the details

Related Questions:
  1. Complete detail about NET exam? How to apply for it?
  2. Can I give NET/SET-Economics after 3rd semester or only after completing MBA?
  3. What to do after completing 2nd Inter? How to apply for that? What is the syllabus?
  4. PTU MCA 2nd Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. University of Pune-B.Tech 2nd Semester-Engineering Mechanics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Punjab Technical University BBA 2nd Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Direct Ph.D with NET/JRF in JNU for 4th semester M.A (Arabic) student?
  8. List of Questions and Answers to prepare for 1st semester and 2nd semester of M.Sc in IT?
  9. University of Pune-B.Tech 2nd Semester-Basic Electronics Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. How can I apply for 6 months Training programme after completing M.Tech(ECE) 3rd semester?
  11. Can a student of D.Ed 3rd semester apply for CTET 2015? -- [New]
  12. University of Pune B.Tech 2nd Semester-Applied Science-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Can I get a job in Infosys after scoring 48% in 1st semester and 2 backlogs in 1st semester
  14. University of Pune-B.Tech 2nd Semester-Basic Mechanical Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. PTU-B.Pharmacy 2nd Semester-Advanced Maths Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Am I eligible to sit for Aptitude Tests of Companies having secured 68% average of all semesters in IT and securing 59.8% in 2nd semester?
  17. How to appear for BSNL JTO exam after writing 3rd year, 2nd semester exam? Best institutes offering coaching in Rayalayaseema region of Andhra Pradesh?
  18. Can I get a good job after completing B.Tech? I have cleared my backlog in 2nd semester
28th April 2013, 05:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam after completing PG 2nd semester?

No, it is not possible to attend the exam now. You can attend the test by final semester. For this, you must have scored a minimum of 55% marks applications can be submitted through the web portal of UGC NET. Detailed information can also be collected from UGC portal.
26th August 2013, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed bca Can I apply for set or net
Please reply
6th September 2013, 08:14 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## NET(National Eligibility Test) examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year in JUNE and DECEMBER months
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET examination is postgraduation(masters degree) with atleast 55% of marks and 5% marks relaxation for reserved category candidates & final year masters degree students are also eligible to apply
## As you are in 2nd semester of your postgraduation,it is sorry to say that,you are not eligible to apply for NET examination
## Maximum age limit to apply for JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP is 28 years & there is no maximum age limit for LECTURERSHIP
## For further details please visit www.ugc.ac.in

** ALL THE BEST **
7th September 2013, 10:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i complete my P G 2nd sem can i apply for NET XAMS....could u please send to me the details
NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission.This Exam is conduct twice time in a year in June and December month .

Those Candidates have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.50% marks is required in case of SC / ST / PWD category candidates Final year of Masters degree candidate can apply here.

You are in 2nd semester of PG course so you are not applicable for UGC NET exam but when you are in 3rd semester in of PG course , you are eligible for NET exam .

There is no age criteria for LS post but for JRF post , your age should not over 28 years old.

Pattern for NET Exam is given below :-

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-.

December 2013 UGC NET exam date is not announced yet , but it will announced very soon .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
7th September 2013, 01:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Surely you can apply for the National Eligibility Test. But you must have completed 2 semesters of your post graduation course. As per the rules of University Grants Commission, candidate is eligible for the National Eligibility Test after either completing post graduation or during the final year.

If you are considering appearing for the National Eligibility Test in the final year, pleas check out the following points which you should keep in mind.

1. There is a marks criteria for NET exam. You must be ensure of meeting it in your post graduation course. In case you cleared the NET exam but failed to meet marks criteria after completing final year then you will be disqualified.

2. Within 2 years of clearing the National Eligibility Test, you should submit the post graduation degree/mark sheet else you will be disqualified.

If you are confident to meeting criteria mentioned above then please start preparing for the National Eligibility Test which will be conducted in December 2013. Afer which next NET exam is going to take place in June 2014.

NET Eligibility

1. You should have a post graduation degree.

2. Final year students can also apply.

3. 55 percent marks in post graduation are required.

4. SC/ST should have 50 percent marks.

5. The criteria for OBC is same as General candidates.

6. Your subject for NET will depend on PG course.

7. Must be below 28 years to apply for JRF.

8. Maximum of 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. And 5 years for SC/ST to apply for JRF.

10. You should be at least 19 years old for lectureship.

11. There is no upper age limit for it.
8th September 2013, 12:31 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

NET Stands National Eligibility Test

It is national level entrance exam in India for postgraduate candidates who wish to qualify for admission in PhD & university level teaching jobs

NET Exam is conducted by University Grants Commission

NET Exam Eligibility :

Candidates must be complete post graduation with min of 55% aggregate from a recognized University

5% marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Final year appearing candidates also eligible for apply , but your now 2nd sem , so your next year eligible for apply .

Age Limit : Junior Research Fellowship : age not more then 28 years

Lectureship : no age limit

http://www.ugc.ac.in

8th September 2013, 10:22 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

No , you cannot apply for the NET exam after completing the PG 2nd semester.

The NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is a National Level Test which is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission [UGC].

The Test is conducted by the UGC for the following posts :

1) Lectureship

2) junior Research Fellowship.

The Minimum Educational Qualification required for the NET Exam is Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized university with a Minimum of 55% marks.

Only a relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC/ST candidates.

Also , No relaxation in marks is given to General as well as OBC Candidates.

the candidates pursuing Post Graduation in final year can also apply for the National Eligibility Test.

The Other Requisites for the National Eligibility Test are :

** The Age Limit :

a) For JRF : 21-28 years

>> OBC Candidates get a relaxation of 3 years in upper age.

>> SC/ST Candidates get a relaxation of 5 years in upper age.

b) For Lectureship : there is no age limit for this post.

** Nationality :

>> The candidate must be an Indian.

The NET Exam is conducted twice in the year in the months of June and December.

The Pattern of the NET :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th September 2013, 05:34 PM
sriharidatta
Member+

Respected sir/madam,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission.This Exam is conduct twice time in a year in June and December month .

Those Candidates have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.50% marks is required in case of SC / ST / PWD category candidates Final year of Masters degree candidate can apply here.

You are in 2nd semester of PG course so you are not applicable for UGC NET exam but when you are in 3rd semester in of PG course , you are eligible for NET exam .

There is no age criteria for LS post but for JRF post , your age should not over 28 years old.

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-.

December 2013 UGC NET exam date is not announced yet , but it will announced very soon .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in.
8th September 2013, 10:18 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear aspirant

you are not eligible for NET exams after completing your 2nd sem of post graduation,

net stands for national eligibility test it is conducted by university grant commission twice in a year

the test is conducted by ugc for following post :

lectureship
junior research fellowship

the minimum eligibility criteria for net exam is post graduation degree from a recognized university ,

must have scored minimum 55% in post graduation

5% relaxation for sc/st students

no relaxation for obc and general students

final year post graduation students are also allowed

AGE LIMIT :
for junior research fellowship : 21 to 28 years
minimum age limit is 21 years
maximum age limit is 28 years

for lectureship no age limit

so as you are 2nd sem pass student you need to clear post graduation for applying for net.

good luck
9th September 2013, 09:24 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.....................

In order to give the National Eligibility test conducted by the University Grants commission ,you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

1.Academic qualifications:

>>You must be a post graduate in any discipline from any recognized university .If you are in final year of post graduation then also no problem you can apply for the exam.

>>But one thing you must ensure before applying online that minimum % of marks in master's degree should not be less than 55 % for the general and 50% for sc/st.

2.Age limit :

The minimum age limit is 19 years and upper age limit for the different posts are :

>>Junior research fellowship:28 years

>>Lectureship:no upper age limit.

Note:1. There is no bar on no of attempts.

2.This exam is conducted twice every year one in the June and other in the December .Today is the last date to apply for the June 2013 NET exam.

For any more details ,you may log on to www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.
10th September 2013, 06:20 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test.

NET exam held twice in a year i.e in the month of june and december and UGC conducting this exam every year.

This exam conducting for two posts as listed below.

-->JRF(Junior Research Fellowship),

-->Lectureship.

The applicant should have to complete Post-graduation from a recognized university. You should be score a minimum of 55% of marks and 5% of marks relaxation for SC/ST category candidates. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible. Currently you are in the second semester so you are not eligible. If you are in the final semester then you are eligible.

You should be an Indian citizen.

The age limits for JRF is not morethan 28 years and there is no minimum age limit. Three years relaxation for OBC category and five years relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.

There is no age limitations for the post of Lectureship.

Exam pattern:-

Application fee details:

For General category--> Rs. 450,

For OBC category--> Rs. 225,

For SC/ST category-->Rs. 110.

For more details visit
www.ugc.ac.in

Best of luck.
11th September 2013, 01:11 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by Universal Grant Commission.

NET exam conducted by the candidate Lectureship. The JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) cnadidates are also eligible.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be citizen of india.

You should pass the Post Graduation from any recognized university.

You should pass the post graduation minimum 60% of marks.

The candidate lectureship there is no age limit.

But the JRF candidates age limit should be between 18 to 28 years.

For more details visit below website

www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

All the best............
16th October 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

I have two backlog in PG degree. Is that possible that can I appear for UGC NET Exam 2014
24th January 2018, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I am Msc 2nd semester I want to qualify the net jrf in home science can I apply and if I qualify the net jrf so it valid for PhD after completing my 3rd and 4th semester.
12th December 2019, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

I am m.a 3rd semester student. I m giving the exam of 3rd semester. Am I eligibil for NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?