8th January 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PO exam of bank if I am a science student with PCM group

I'm science student with PCM group. can I apply for PO exam of bank?

10th April 2015, 03:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO exam of bank if I am a science student with PCM group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm science student with PCM group. can I apply for PO exam of bank?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank PO (Probationary officer) examination. To apply for PO Examination, you must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, there are no percentage criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination conducted by IBPS or Other banks. If you are a science student, then you can easily apply for any bank examination. Graduation degree is the minimum eligibility to appear for the banking test.

Age Criteria: Your age should between 20 to 30 years to apply for IBPS PO examination. Age relaxation is only applicable for reserved category candidates.

Application Form: Application form of IBPS Bank PO examination available online only. There is no offline application form is available. If you are interested in bank examination, then you have to fill the application form online mode and pay the fees via Debit/Credit/Internet banking.

Application form of IBPS PO Examination will be available soon. The Notification for this year is expected to be published in the month of July/August.

Important Changes in IBPS Examination:

~~ This year IBPS will conduct two tier examination. Tier I is preliminary examination and only qualifying in nature. Those who cracks the Tier-I am eligible for Tier-II i.e. Mains.

~~ Tier-I (Preliminary) examination will be shorter duration with few numbers of questions (IBPS Not declared the pattern officially yet).

~~ Tier-II (Main) examination is same as a previous IBPS Examination. Preliminary examination is a simple one as compared to the mains.

Now, this time IBPS PO examination is very tough for the aspirants who are interested in the banking sector. There is no problem of hard working candidates.

If your aim is to join a banking sector as a Probationary Officer, then please study hard. Please focus on the Quantitative aptitude which includes Data Interpretation, Data sufficiency, etc. Please prepared well for each section hardly.

The IBPS PO section contains, English, High Level Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness.

Please wait for the IBPS PO and other Bank PO Examination Notification. If you want more details please visit the official website of IBPS.

11th April 2015, 02:43 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO exam of bank if I am a science student with PCM group

Yes, You can appear in Bank PO exam. SBI conduct entrance exam every year to shortlist the applicants to appoint the Probatinary officer post.

To appear in SBI PO exam, you must have graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university or equivalent. If you are in the final year of exam of graduation may also appear for SBI PO exam.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years for general category. Relaxation for sc/st 5 years, obc 3 years, pwd(sc/st)-15 years, pwd(obc)- 13 years, pwd(gen)- 10 years, Ex servicemen 05 years.

This exam consisting objective tests for 200 marks and descriptive test for 50 marks.The objective test will be online. Immediately after online objective test, descriptive test will be administered. Objective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each (Total 200 marks) as follows-
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.) Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Test of Data Analysis&Interpretation , Test of Reasoning (High Level).

Selection on the basis of written test , group discussion and interview.

11th April 2015, 10:03 AM
poojasingh151

PO stands for the Probationary Officer. It is a designation in banks of India.

Yes, of course, you will be eligible for the Bank PO exam being a science student of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics group.

But let me tell you that minimum academic qualification required for applying to this post is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

In final year also you can apply for the exam. The age limit is 20-30 years. Institute of Banking and Personnel conducts Common written entrance exam for PO post of various nationalized banks.

SBI conducts its own entrance exam for the probationary post.

Questions asked in PO exam are generally from General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Test of reasoning, Quantitative aptitude.

11th April 2015, 10:49 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can appear in Bank PO exam.

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam.

you must be a graduate degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent.

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years for general category.

Exam Pattern and syllabus

This exam consisting objective tests for 200 marks and descriptive test for 50 marks.

The test will be online.

Objective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each (Total 200 marks) as follows
Test of English Language,
Test of General Awareness,
Marketing & Computers,
Test of Data Analysis&Interpretation ,
Test of Reasoning .

11th April 2015, 12:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for Bank PO examination but after your graduation before this there is no examination for BANK PO .

The eligibility criteria is graduation passed candidates with any discipline can apply .
The age of the candidates must be between 20-30 years . There is relaxation of reserved category students .
You can apply for the IBPS or SBI both .
The examination is conducted in three parts in now a days as :-
Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.
So you have to qualify in all of them to be a PO in any of the bank .
The PCM group do not plays a major role in the examination.
The questions in the examination are from :-
English.
General knowledge.
Data Interpretation.
Mathematical Reasoning.
Marketing.
Computer.

So you can apply after the graduation.

11th April 2015, 01:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for banks probationary officer examination being a science student as for this examination you are required to have a bachelor degree with any stream of your choice from a recognized university .There is no restriction of marks at any stage of your examination.

You have two options with you for becoming a bank probationary officer which are IBPS examination and SBI examination .

The IBPS examination are held for recruitment of probationary officer in 29 nationalized bank where as SBI examinations are held for the recruitment of probationary officer in same bank i.e; SBI .

For both examinations , you must be a citizen of India and your age must be within 21 years to 30 years if you belong to general category otherwise there is the provision of age relaxation for other categories as per government rules.

You are also required to have some knowledge about how to operate a computer as all the works are done on computer now a days.

11th April 2015, 03:15 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed Graduation degree with 55% marks in any stream from a recognized University then you are eligible to apply Bank PO exam.

Bank PO examination conducted by IBPS( Institute of Banking Personnel) and SBI.

Eligibility criteria IBPS PO exam :-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree with 55% marks in any stream from a recognized University.

Age limit:-

Candidate age should be between 20 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates and OBC category candidates 3 years age relaxation.

Selection Procedure:-

- Written Exam

- Interview

11th April 2015, 05:08 PM
DineshKumar_01

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the PO bank exam.

Eligibility criteria to apply for the bank exam:

1. Candidate must have completed her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university,

2. There is no percentage criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination conducted by IBPS or Other banks.

3. Candidate age should between 20 to 30 years to apply for IBPS PO examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category Candidates..

11th April 2015, 07:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible for P.O.(Probationary Officer) exam of Bank being a science student.

The eligibility to apply for Bank P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations/Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The P.O. exam questions are from English,General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude,Test of reasoning.

-The exam process is conducted in different stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?