29th June 2013, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for CA or IAS exam? I am a science stream student

I want to know that , i'm a science stream student with pcm& c.s. so after 12th how can i prepare for c.a or i.a.s. exam? is it possible for a science student to qualify this?

29th June 2013, 09:49 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for CA or IAS exam? I am a science stream student

Hi Friend...............

Yes, you are eligible for both

Eligibility for IAS

Bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

Eligibility for CA

Candidates must have a 12th standard in any stream

Information about IAS

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
29th June 2013, 01:41 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know that , i'm a science stream student with pcm& c.s. so after 12th how can i prepare for c.a or i.a.s. exam? is it possible for a science student to qualify this?

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can qualify for writing this exam.Any one who completes the graduation is eligible for writing the exam of Upsc.

So dont worry that you are doing the CA course or any other.

The only requirement for the Upsc exam is a passed degree qualification from a student who age is acceptable.

Because a student with the age of more than 30+ is not accepted to write the exam.

Many of the students write by taking the coaching from the good institutes which teach the upsc 1st round subjects and others.

Many institutes are filled with different backgrounds students.One will be a arts group and other will be a science group and different domains.

But for all the people only same syllabus is mentioned so you can have a fair chance with other who write this exam.

But you need to get good knowledge out of your preparation and implement it in the exam.Implementation is the most important thing in these exams.

Because whats the point of knowing all the answers and you were not able to answer it in the exam hall.Thats why the implementation is most important thing.

This can be achieved by writing many test papers and model papers conducted by the institutes and other websites.

Even surfing websites will be a good technique to gain the education.Hope you get what you want.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
29th June 2013, 03:54 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CA is a charted Accountant Professional course .After completing this course you will able to work as an Auditor in various Leading Organizations and you will able to get Handsome salary package.As you are in Intermediate level and you have not completed your Intermediate course this for doing CA Course you will first have to enrolled for Foundation Course.
  • Any candidates will be able to take admission in CA Foundation course.This course is Known as CPT.This a 3 months course.
  • Candidates will only be able to appear in Final Exam of CPT after completing their Intermediate course in any discipline from recognized board/university.
  • Your minimum marks in Inter should be 45%.
Details for CPT Final Exam
  • During Written test questions will be asked from two sections.
  • Each section will include 100 questions.
  • Total duration for each section will be 2 hours.
  • All questions will be of objective type.
  • Each questions will be of 1 marks.
  • Section I will include questions from Accounting and Mercantile Laws.
  • Section II will include questions from Economics and Quantitative Aptitude.

As you are also Interested to apply for Indian Administrative Services Exam.But for your Kind information i would like to inform you that you are not eligible right now.You will able to appear in this exam after completing your Bachelor degree course.Eligibility required to apply for IAS Exam is as follows :
  • Your minimum qualification should be Graduation pass out in any discipline from recognized university.
  • Your degree should be approved from the UGC/AICTE.
  • You must be a candidate of India.
  • Your minimum age should be 21 years and your age should not be above 30 years.
As per your Knowledge and education I will suggest you to Prepare for this exam from now onwards.It will be very helpful if you will prepare yourself on the given sections listed below :
  • Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
  • English Grammar and Comprehension.
  • Indian History.
  • Indian Geography.
  • Indian Governments and Politics.
  • Environmental ecology.
  • General Knowledge related to India.
  • Current Affairs related to Indian and World Issues.
30th June 2013, 12:15 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

If you are prepare for CA or IAS exam,if your belongs to science stream then you can follow the following procedure.

First you collect what are the books referred for CA or IAS

If you are science stream you don't worry about to prepare for CA or IAS

Planning is important for when you are decided for the exam

You decided to take the exam 4 or 5 months before you start preparation.this duration will cover to prepare for all syllabus of this exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be origin of India.

Education Qualification:

Graduation complete

No percentage required.

Final appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

21 to 30 years.

Upper relaxation applicable

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC\ST

10 years for PWD.

No of Attempts:

General - 4times

OBC - 7times

Sc\ST - No limit

selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best....
1st April 2014, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i hv jst given 12th board from pcm nd want 2 b a CA.is it a ryt dcision for my career?
12th April 2015, 07:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for both the exams IAS(Indian Administrative Service) as well as CA(Chartered Accountant)

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.

The eligibility criteria for CA exam are as under:-

-CPT(Common Proficiency Test) is the entrance exam for the CA which is held twice a year in the month of June and December.

-The candidate must have cleared Senior secondary Exam(10+2) to become eligible for the CPT exam.10+2 result awaiting student can also apply for the CPT exam.

-There is neither age bar nor the percentage bar for the marks obtained in 10+2 exam to apply for this Course.

-The qualifying marks for CPT exam is 50%.CPT is an objective type test with negative marking system for wrong answers.

-The syllabus for CPT exam involves

Accounting,

Mercantile Laws,

General Economics and

Quantitative Aptitude.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?