31st December 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PO post in SBI after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A

Sir, i want to know that i got 59% in graguation in BA can i aply for PO post in SBI. And how to prapear for Exames.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 70% marks in 10th, 58% in 12th, 45% in graduation and 68% in PG?
  2. How to apply for the post of PO in SBI?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO exam after scoring 53% marks in UG and 66% in PG? What is the eligibility?
  4. Am I eligible for PO in SBI after scoring 53% in graduation and 60% in PG?
  5. Am I eligible for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 51% in graduation and 65% in PG?
  6. What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to apply for SBI PO recruitment? -- [New]
  7. Can I apply for SBi PO after scoring 45% in graduation?
  8. Can I apply for SBI PO exam while doing EEE?
  9. What is the bank entrance exam eligibility criteria?
  10. Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after scoring 59.8% in HSLC examination?
  11. Is the student eligible for SBI Bank PO exam after scoring 57% in 12th and 83% in graduation and PG?
  12. Can I apply for government jobs like SBI PO or IBPS PO? I have scored 49% marks in Graduation
  13. What should I do for banking job after passing 12th class?
  14. Can I apply for SBI clerk after scoring 72% in 10th standard and 58.4% in 12th standard?
  15. Am I eligible for SBI PO after scoring 63% in graduation?
  16. Can I apply for SBI examination after scoring 55% in HSC and 75% in graduation? I belong to general category
  17. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam being a final year student of B.Sc in Maths if I my Graduation result is announced before the announcement of result of SBI Clerk Exam?
  18. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam based on my marks in 10th, 12th, Graduation and Post Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
20th January 2013, 01:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO post in SBI after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A

No it is not possible. Graduates with at least 65% marks can apply for SBI P.O. reserved category candidates need to have 60% marks only. Graduation is enough to apply for IBPS clerical/P.O jobs. You can prepare for IBPS P.O exams.
20th January 2013, 08:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO post in SBI after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i want to know that i got 59% in graguation in BA can i aply for PO post in SBI. And how to prapear for Exames.

If you have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university with minimum marks are eligible for SBI BANK PO exam.

You have completed BA degree with above 59% so you are applicable for SBI PO Exam.

Your age must be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxaion is follows -

In the Banking PO entrance examination the question paper mainly consist of the following topics : Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness, English. The computer knowledge is also necessary for the bank PO entrance examination.

SBI BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)GD 3)Personal Interview.

Best Books for SBI PO Exam:-

A Comprehensive Guide For State Bank Of India Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination – 2011
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Upscportal Publications

SBI probationary officers and associate banks Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-Delhi

State Bank Probationary Officers Examination
by T.S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

SBI P O Solved Papers
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

For more details visit official website of SBI http://www.sbi.co.in
20th January 2013, 10:20 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for PO post in SBI after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A

Quote:
Hi

SBI is State Bank of India and its the best bank in India. Its got the best facilities, loan rates, offers and other pension plans which has made it the best bank in India and its also the first ever Indian Bank to feature in the top 100 banks of the world list.

Now if you want to work in this, then there are two possible entries in them in the posts of CLERICAL and PROBATIONARY OFFICER. As you might know that IBPS has all the other public sector banks under it, but the SBI is separate and it holds and conducts its own entrance exams for both these posts. You can apply for both or any.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply for the SBI PO post is that you should be a minimum graduate in ANY stream from ANY recognized college or university with above 50% aggregate in it. You should be a pass in all the subjects and that there should not be any pending backlogs or arrears in any of the subjects that you had studied in your graduation. So as per your applicability, I would say yeah sure you can apply for the SBI PO with 59% in your graduation in BA.

The SBI PO test comprises of two sections i.e Aptitude and Descriptive. In the aptitude there are 4 sections: Quantitative, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, General Awareness and Marketing and Computer knowledge. Also in the descriptive it has Letter writing, paragraph writing and other such things. So its of 200 marks for the Aptitude and 50 for the Descriptive.
Also there is GD/PI which would comprise of another 50 marks so a total of 300 marks would be there on which you would be marked and evaluated.

If you wish to prepare for the SBI PO, Click Here to buy online books for the same. Maintain a regular study time table and follow it regularly.

The notification for SBI PO 2013 is not yet out. Please Click Here to check it always.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
21st January 2013, 01:11 AM
babanpreet

Quote:
No,you cannot apply for SBI PO after scoring 59% in graduation.

The eligibility criteria for SBI PO is-:

must be an Indian citizen
Graduation in any stream with 60%
Age must be between 21-30 years

Relaxation of Upper age limit -:

Sr. No. Category Age relaxation
1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe 5 years
2 Other Backward Classes 3 years
21st January 2013, 01:50 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for sbi po exam.

SBI conduct the bank exam their own basis for various post.

To appear in sbi po exam, candidate should be graduate with 55% from recognise university.

Age should be between 21 to 30 year for open category.

Relaxation for obc /sc/st/pd/ex-serviceman in qualification and age limit.

Selection in sbi bank po in three mode- written test(objective and discriptive), group disscusion, interview.

For detail-- http://www.sbi.co.in/
21st January 2013, 02:45 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for PO post in SBI after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A

Quote:

hi friend,

yes, you are eligible SBI BANK PO exam after completed your graduation with 59% in B.A......

Age Limit should be between 21-30 years for general category...

Relaxation on upper age:
  • Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 35years
  • Other Backward Classes: 33 years
  • Persons With Disabilities: 10 years
  • Ex-Servicemen: 35 years
  • Candidates from Kashmir Division: 35 years

Exam Pattern:

Phase I:
  • Objective Test of English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning (200 Marks)
  • Descriptive test of English Language (comprehension, small outline, article and letter writing) 50 Marks
Phase II:
  • Group Discussion 20 Marks
  • Group Discussion (Rural) 10 Marks
  • Interview 30 Marks
  • Experience 10 Marks
  • The exam will be conducted in various centers in almost all parts of India.
23rd January 2013, 09:15 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you can apply for the SBI PO exams.

Below is the Eligibilty Criteria for the SBI PO exams:
Education-Graduation pass in any stream.
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum- 30 years
Candidates should have born between 2nd January 1983 to 1st January 1992

Age Relaxations;
OBC- 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years

Chances:
General candidates- 4 times
OBC candidates- 7 times

Questions will be asked from the below sections:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)

SBI PO next exam will be held on 28th April 2013

Last date to apply for this exam is 23rd February 2013
24th January 2013, 12:47 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO FRIEND ,

Yes , surely you can apply for Bank PO Post in SBI BANK .

Please refer the Eligibility criteria for BANK PO JOBS ;

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :

A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its Equivalent .

NATIONALITY :

Indian .

AGE LIMITS :

Minimum 21 Years .

Maximum 30 Years.

There is relaxation of upper age limit to SC/ ST/ OBC Category .

[
U]BANK PO EXAM PATTERN :
[/U]

ALL THE BEST ...
24th January 2013, 07:34 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
I'm sorry you're not eligible for giving the bank PO exam as the eligibility criteria for it is a minimum of 65% marks in graduation for the general category. And if you belong to sc/st category then also the relaxation of 5% is given. Then also you'll be needing at least of 60% aggregate. Therefore you cannot apply for the PO exam.
24th January 2013, 01:52 PM
sonali pandey1111

yes u can
Education-Graduation pass in any stream.
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum- 30 years
Candidates should have born between 2nd January 1983 to 1st January 1992

Age Relaxations;
OBC- 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years

Chances:
General candidates- 4 times
OBC candidates- 7 times

Questions will be asked from the below sections:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)

SBI PO next exam will be held on 28th April 2013
Last date to apply for this exam is 23rd February 2013
24th January 2013, 03:12 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Sorry , you can't apply for SBI Bank Po Exam because your score below 60% aggregate in Graduation

SBI Bank Po Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should have Graduation in any disciple with min of 60% aggregate from a recognized university

Candidates min of age limit 21 years & max of age limit 30 years

The age relaxations per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

Selection Process :

Written Test

Personal Interview

More Details : http://www.sbi.co.in

24th January 2013, 04:08 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes You Can apply for the State Bank of India po job why not as you have passed the graduation degree and this is what required for the post too and also it does not matter from which field you have passed the graduation degree as simply for the exam you just need a graduation degree from a recognized University.

Educational Qualification :

-The Person should be pass in degree from a recognized university

-or any equivalent course that is equal to the graduation

-For the sbi bank po the age limit for general is 21-30

-For the obc it increase according to the category it is 21-33

-And for the sc,st it is 21-35

Attempts :

-General 4

-Genera(Pwd) 7

-OBC 7

-Sc,St Unlimited

Nationality :

-Indian
24th January 2013, 05:09 PM
kvp25panpaliya

Hello,
Yes , you can apply for SBI P.O. exam after scoring 59% in graduation in B.A. There is no matter of percentage of marks criteria for this field.
For the SBI PO exam , the requirement is that you should Indian and having completed Graduation in any stream from recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years. Also you should have valid score in IBPS entrance exam and then you should passed interview section.
For more information you may log on http://www.statebankofindia.com
All the best....
25th January 2013, 06:54 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

SBI(State Bank of India) PO exam minimum education to apply SBI PO exam is graduation with atleast 60% of marks.

So iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for SBI PO exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete graduation with atleast 60% of marks from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 to 30 years,

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview.

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
1st February 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

graduation final year students can apply for sbi po exam or not?
29th April 2013, 02:04 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
SBI Stands for State Bank of India ..

To apply for SBI PO Entrance Examination than the applicant need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria ..

Educational Qualification :- Applicant should hold bachelor degree course in any faculty from recognized university and Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

Age Criteria :- Age limit of the Applicant should be in between 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be given upto 3 years for OBC candidates , 5 years for sc/st candidates ..

The Selection Process for this SBI Entrance Examination Consist of Written Examination , Group Discussion , and Interview ..

The written exam consist of objective type test and descriptive type test and the Entrance Examination Pattern Consist of Reasoning , Aptitude , English Language , General Awareness , Computer and marketing awareness Etc..

Application fees:-

For SC/ST /PWD candidates :- Rs. 50/- ( Only Postal Charge Will be Collected form the Memebers )
For General candidates :- Rs. 500/- ( Including Postal Charges )

Application Procedure :-

you may apply for this Entrance Examination Online Mode by download the Application from the Official website of SBI ..

If your apsiring to apply for this Entrance Examination than you should have Valid email Id have to visit Challan page of
Official Website of SBI and You should Make it printout of Challan.

After taking the Print out you may go to any Branch of SBI and pay application fee with filled up Challan Page.
After getting receipt of Challan they have to again visit official website of SBI.

Books for SBI PO Examination ::

Previous Papers For SBI Bank Examination by K. Kundan
Publisher :- BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd

Previous Years' Papers (Solved)
by R. Gupta's

SBI P O Solved Papers by G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

For More Information please Visit here :-http://www.sbi.co.in/
9th June 2013, 06:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to sit for the SBI PO Exam.

SBI PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
  • The minimum percentage to acquire at graduation level has not been mentioned. Therefore if you have passed then you are eligible.
  • If you apply for this post then you need to have prior knowledge of handling a computer. At least the basics should be known properly.
  • The minimum age limit is 21 years. The maximum age limit is 30 years.
  • Age relaxation is there for the reserved category candidates.
  1. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 35 years.
  2. Other Backward Classes: 33 years
  3. Ex-Servicemen: 35 years
  4. PWD Candidates: upto 10 years

Exam Pattern:-
  • Phase-I - Written Examination: Combined duration 3 Hrs.
  • Phase-II: Group Discussion & Interview (GD - 20, Interview - 30)

The duration of the objective test is only two hours and total marks allotted for the exam is 2 hours. Stress on the following areas: English Language, General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Data Analysis & Interpretation and Reasoning. For the descriptive paper 50 marks have been allotted. You will get one hour and stress on the following areas: Comprehension, short precis, letter writing & essay.

SBI PO Exam Books:-

SBI PO - 20 Practice Sets (E)
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant (2013)

Target SBI Associates and SBI Bank PO Practice Workbook: 2 Past Papers & 12 Practice Sets
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2013)

SBI PO Examinations: Practice Set Papers
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication

Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Associates
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2013)

Hope this helps :-> :->
12th June 2013, 10:57 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The State Bank Of India Conducts the Banking exams every year for the following posts :

a) Bank Clerks

b) Bank PO

The Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO Exam are :

* the minimum educational qualification required is graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

* There is no any specific percentage required for this exam.

* There is no chance for candidates in final year of graduation to appear for the exam.

* The candidate`s age must lie in between :

a) 21-30 yrs if belong to General Category.

b) 21-33 yrs if belong to OBC Category.

c) 21-35 yrs if belong to SC/ST Category.

So , as you have secured 59% marks in graduation , you are absolutely eligible to appear for the SBI PO Examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
19th June 2013, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 57% in my graduation so can i give bank p.o exam?
20th November 2014, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

if iam not having secured marks in objective test then iam eligible to write descreptiontest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?