17th June 2012, 09:58 PM
prasadi pradhan

Can I apply for the post of Bank PO or Bank Manager after passing B.Tech

i am a b.tech final year student,can i appy for the post of bank PO or bank manager??.can i elisible for above post.??

18th June 2012, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the post of Bank PO or Bank Manager after passing B.Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadi pradhan View Post
i am a b.tech final year student,can i appy for the post of bank PO or bank manager??.can i elisible for above post.??
You are now in final year of B-TECH degree course.So don't worry you are applicable for BANK PO Exam through SBI and IBPS but after completion of your Graduation degree first.

But you are not applicable for Manager post after Graduation degree .For this post you must have at least 5 years experience in Banking sector.

If you have scored 50% marks in graduation degree from recognized university then you are applicable for SBI PO exam.Some time they are not require any kind of Percentage marks.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

For more details about SBI PO exam , You can visit to http://www.statebankofindia.com/

IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Service) conducts P.O. exam for 19 public sector banks from time to time as per requirement.

If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS exam.There is no percentage criteria.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

For more details about IBPS PO exam , You can visit to http://www.ibps.in/

18th June 2012, 11:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the post of Bank PO or Bank Manager after passing B.Tech

Yes, you can apply for Bank P.O. exam after completion of Graduation i.e. B.Tech. Degree which is conducted by State Bank of India and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

Any Graduate from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 20 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge in computer, is eligible to appear for the Bank P.O. exam.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview.

But you can not directly be eligible for the post of Bank Manager as after gaining experience and by clearing certain departmental exams, one Officer of the bank may be upgraded to Manager post.

For further information regarding bank P.O. exam you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
18th June 2012, 11:09 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

After completing your B.Tech you can sit for the bank exams as the main eligibility criteria for the same is that you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a rezognized university.

You should try to maintain minimum 55% at graduation level and that your age should be between 21-30 years.

Exam pattern of PO exam:- reasoning 50 marks, quantitative aptitude 50 marks, general awareness 50 marks, general english 50 marks and computer knowledge 50 marks.

For more information log onto this website:- www.ibps.in
18th June 2012, 11:44 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

First of all , congratulations that you have successfully passed B.tech. Now , i want to say you that you can definitely apply for Bank PO exam if you fulfills the required criteria mentioned below . Please read the criteria carefully :

* You must have passed or completed your graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized college/ university.

* Your Age must lie in between 20-30 years.

Note : There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

If you fulfill these criteria , then you can give the exam Of Bank PO conducted by IBPS and SBI.

But my dear friend , you cannot apply directly for the post of Bank Manager even after completing your graduation because i just want to tell you that Bank Manager is the highest post in a Bank and in order to be eligible for this post , you need sound experience of working in banks as PO or above posts.

You must have to work a minimum of 3 years to get experience and then after you can opt for Bank Manager Post through Bank Departmental Exams.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge , hope it will help you.

For Further details, you can visit : http://www.sbi.co.in
2nd July 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

i m a final year student my last sem has left i will got my degree at the time of interview but not at the time of written can i apply for bank po post
7th July 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

hi sir my name is balasubramani.iam studying b.com second year. So i need to become a state bank manager post it is my ambition sir. So what will i do sir?
13th October 2012, 04:53 PM

i hve score 72% in 10th& 42%in 12th nw i m doing my betch in cse 3rd year vill i be eligible for good bank job
16th October 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

i m PRADEEP FROM DELHI actually i want the bank job because i have lot of interest to do some thing related to account and i have also a perfect knowledge of mathematics and right now i m a final year student of bahchlor of technology from electronics and communication from punjab tecnical university (quest infosys foundation group of institution jhanjeri mohali)
3rd May 2013, 03:38 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadi pradhan View Post
Yes Off Course your eligible for Bank PO Entrance Examination after completing your B.Tech ..

Any desire Stream candidates are eligible for Bank PO Entrance Examination, the only criteria is that the candidate should Complete gradation course from recognized university ..

So,you have completed graduation in B.tech course , So definitely your eligible for B.Tech course ..

After Completing your B.tech course you may appear in IBPS PO Entrance Examination which is Organized Common Written Examination (CWE) for every year ..

To Enroll for this Entrance Examination, the student should be Complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university and Final year candidate may also eligible for this Entrance Examination ..

Aspirant age limit should be Minimum 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates ..

So, as per your academic qualification your definitely eligible for IBPS PO Entrance Examination ..
12th May 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

after ssc exam what can i do for bank manager?
30th May 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

m doin B.A.F. (accounting & finance), but I want job in bank, which course should I prefer after graduation in B.A.F.?
31st May 2013, 07:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not get Bank Manager job directly with Bachelor of Technology degree. However the possibility of getting it in future is there but generally candidates with Finance or banking degrees are considered.

No such criteria for Bank PO. You can apply for the Bank PO entrance exam by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services. But only after completing graduation. Not before that.

Although I am not convinced whether you should go for banking sector job. It is not recommeded for Engineers. What is the point of completing Engineering degree if wanted a banking job.

I am unaware about your branch in Bachelor of Technology however will suggest jobs related to your course. You can apply for Indian Engineering Service exam if completed B.Tech in:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communications Engineering.

There are also good opportunities in the Public Sector Undertakings for the Engineering graduates. There is always an option to go for private sector job as well. Therefore you should consider other options as well before applying for Bank PO.

However if made up your mind then you can appear for the IBPS Bank PO entrance exam. It is conducted in June of every year and accepted by 19 Public Sector Banks.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. Qualification: Bachelor degree in any discipline will suffice.

2. Marks: No criteria.

3. Age Limit: Lower age limit is 20 and 30 on the higher side.

4. Relaxation: No more than 3 years for OBC.

5. Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST.

6. Relaxation: 10 years for Person With Disability
7th June 2013, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for bank manager post after completion of b.com
8th June 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am studying B.Tech(civil branch).I want to settle in bank sector.I belong to OC category.I have a doubt that,is it easy to get bank P.O post in this competition.So please tell me sir how much marks i have to get job and what are the good books for preparing Bank P.O exam?
31st July 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible to apply for an bank manager after my senior intermediate.what precaustions i have to take...
31st July 2013, 09:14 PM
maruthidevi

You are now in final year of B-TECH degree course.So don't worry you are applicable for BANK PO Exam through SBI and IBPS but after completion of your Graduation degree first.

But you are not applicable for Manager post after Graduation degree .For this post you must have at least 5 years experience in Banking sector.

If you have scored 50% marks in graduation degree from recognized university then you are applicable for SBI PO exam.Some time they are not require any kind of Percentage marks.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

For more details about SBI PO exam , You can visit to http://www.statebankofindia.com/

IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Service) conducts P.O. exam for 19 public sector banks from time to time as per requirement.

If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS exam.There is no percentage criteria.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .
1st August 2013, 12:11 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

After passing B.Tech you can apply for Bank PO or Manager Post.

Different banks will be releasing different notifications for the, so you can apply for them.

The minimum eligibility will be the candidate needs to complete graduation, as you have completed you can apply for the posts.

Thank you,

All the best.
1st August 2013, 01:44 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

Bank PO Eligibility:

The applicant should have to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Percentage is not important to appear this exam.

Candidate must be an Indian origin.

Age criteria for PO:-

The age limits are 21 years to 30years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection procedure:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

All the best.............
2nd September 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between a clerk and PO/Mt?which is a higher grade post?can I directly apply for SO as I am an engineering graduate?
24th November 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

after 12 th science class in biology careear or which govt collage exp. bio tech(b tech) my sub. pcmb please give me suggestion thank you
22nd April 2014, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i apply for the post of bank manager after passing m.com plz sir tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?