7th November 2015, 03:45 PM
yatendra pachouri

Can I apply for SSC CGL after completing AMIE?

sir, i passed diploma in civil engineering in this year. So i want to know that after completing amie , can i apply for ssc cgl .

7th November 2015, 06:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SSC CGL after completing AMIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatendra pachouri View Post
sir, i passed diploma in civil engineering in this year. So i want to know that after completing amie , can i apply for ssc cgl .
You have completed diploma course in Civil Engineering so you are not eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution. SSC CGL exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
7th November 2015, 10:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AMIE stands for the Association member of Institute of Engineers. The degree obtained from this institute is valid for all type of government job exams.

So if you complete your degree in civil engineering from AMIE after diploma in Civil Engineering, you will be eligible for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination.

Any graduate from a recognized university can apply for this exam and the age limit for the exam is 18-30 years. Upper age relaxed for candidates of reserved category.
8th November 2015, 08:50 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the SSC CGL entrance examination conducted by the SSC every year.

To appear for the CGL entrance examination the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age mus be between 19-30 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you need to pursue the graduation degree to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the various stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection in the recruitment.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.ssc.nic.in.
8th November 2015, 01:57 PM
H Rimmy

Yes you are eligible for SSC CGL exam.SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission or CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level exam.If you are studied in Economics,Statistics or Mathematics as a compulsory subject then you can apply for this exam.

Age limitations:-Age should not be more than 27 years & minimum is 18 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC.
5 years age relaxation for SC.

Physical Fitness also required.
8th November 2015, 07:46 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes, As the AMIE degree is also valid as a Graduation degree so you can apply for the SSC CGL exam and the other qualifications for this exam are-

>> Candidate to be an Indian citizen and also qualified the Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

>> A Candidate of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply if he or she is migrated to India since 1962 for permanent residence.

>> Age of the candidate should be 21-27 years and the age relaxation is given 3 years for the Obc and 5 years for Sc St and Ex-Servicemen.

Selection procedure in CGL exam is-

Written exam of preliminary and mains exam.

Interview

NOTE- The interview system in C.G.L. is going to be end from the 2016 as per the Indian prime minister has decided to ends this system in such jobs.
8th November 2015, 10:43 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes definitely you can apply for SSC combined graduate level exam.If you have done your graduation degree in maths /economics or statistics as a mandatory subject.

Age Requirements:- Your age must be in between 18 to 27 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category or 5 years relaxation for SC category.

Physical Requirements:- Your height must be 157 cm & eye version should be 6/6 without wearing sun glasses.
12th August 2016, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

I am graduate in geology . I haven't domicile certificate . Is it necessary for SSC cgl ?please help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?