3rd May 2015, 09:48 AM
philipsxenium

What is the eligibility criteria asked for to apply for SSC CGL?

Sir/Mam,

My date of birth is 19-10-1983 , belong to sc category am i eligible to apply for any post in SSC CGL? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can someone give me the information if I can apply for it or not? Awaiting for the reply!

3rd May 2015, 12:32 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for to apply for SSC CGL?

CGL is combined graduate level exam which is conducted for various posts -

Income tax officer

Tax inspector

Assistant tax inspector

Auditor

Central excise inspector

Examiner in tax department

Sub inspector in crime branch

Sub inspector in Narcotics

Inspector in Narcotics

Inspector in crime branch

Eligibility criteria for exam is -

>> candidate must have Indian citizenship and holding the graduation degree from any recognised university.

>> In graduation candidate should not have any back in graduation and age should be 18 - 28 Years.

>> Relaxation for Obc candidate is 3 years and for schedule cast and physical handicap is 5 years.
3rd May 2015, 12:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for the SSC CGL examination conducted for the various posts .

The educational qualification for all the posts are candidates who have passed there graduation from any recognised university in any discipline are eligible .

But in case of age criteria you are eligible for Inspector , Assistant Posts , Tax assistant , Auditor post etc .. on the basis of your category . The maximum age limit is 27 years but since you are a SC/ST candidates hence there are relaxation of 5 years also 3 years for OBC .
3rd May 2015, 01:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipsxenium View Post
Sir/Mam,

My date of birth is 19-10-1983 , belong to sc category am i eligible to apply for any post in SSC CGL? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Can someone give me the information if I can apply for it or not? Awaiting for the reply!
Yes, you are eligible for SSC CGL exam because you are a SC category candidate.

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which will recruit staff members for the various posts in the various departments and ministries.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Age criteria:-

1. Sub Inspectors in CPOs – 20 years to 25 years
2. Assistant / Sub Inspector in CBI – 20 years to 27 years
3. Statistical Investigators – Maximum 26 years
4. For all other posts – 18 years to 27 years.
3rd May 2015, 01:49 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
In order to appear for the SSC CGL examination, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria,
You should be a graduate in any of the stream from a recognized Indian university and your age should be in between 21-27 years.
There is a relaxation of 3 years given to the obc category which makes the age limit as 21-30 years.
There is a relaxation of 5 years given to the sc/st category which makes the age limit as 21-32 years.
Thanks
3rd May 2015, 04:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination.
The notification for the 2015 SSC CGL is out. The eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL 2015 as per notification is as below:

1. Academic Qualification:

Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates waiting for the result can also apply for the exam but degree must be obtained on 01/08/2015.

For Compiler, bachelor's degree from recognized post with Economics or Mathematics or Statistics as compulsory or elective subjects.

For Assistant posts, computer proficiency test is essential requirement.

2. Age criteria:

As per your date of birth, you are eligible for the posts under SSC CGL whose upper age limit is 30 years and five years age relaxation is given to the SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for the exam at www.ssconline.nic.in now. The last date for applying online for Part I is 26/05/2015 and for Part II is 28/05/2015.

The Tier I exam will be held on 9th and 16th August, 2015. The examination date for Tier II is yet to be announced.

Tier I exam pattern:

General Intelligence and Reasoning: 50 marks

General Awareness: 50 marks

Quantitative Aptitude: 50 marks.

English Comprehension: 50 marks.
4th May 2015, 07:21 AM
philipsxenium

Thank you very much for your help and Quick Reply. This information is very important for me. Again Thanx a million.
15th May 2015, 02:03 AM
saibaban

Yes ,

you are eligible for the SSC CGL examination conducted for the various posts .

The educational qualification for all the posts are candidates who have passed there graduation from any recognised university in any discipline are eligible .

But in case of age criteria you are eligible for Inspector , Assistant Posts , Tax assistant , Auditor post etc .. on the basis of your category .

The maximum age limit is 27 years but since you are a SC/ST candidates hence there are relaxation of 5 years also 3 years for OBC .
15th May 2015, 12:35 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Staff Selection commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination every year for various vacancies in Government Departments and ministries.

CGL exam has two levels-

Tier-I

and Tier-II

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

For apply SSC CGL exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

For the post of Compiler and Statistical investigator candidate should have studied Economics/statistics/mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects at the level of graduation.

For the post of Assistants (CSS), computer proficiency is also a compulsory requirement.

Age limit:-

Age should be between 18 years to 27 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Physical standard required for the post of Inspector (CENTRAL EXCISE/EXAMINER/ PREVENTIVE):-

Male Candidates -

Height 157.5 cms.

Chest 81 cms.

Female Candidates -

Height 152 cms.

Weight 48 Kgs.
15th May 2015, 01:00 PM
charitchaitra

As per your date of birth, you are eligible for the posts under SSC CGL whose upper age limit is 30 years and five years age relaxation is given to the SC/ST candidates.
15th May 2015, 11:37 PM
ankit740
Member+

SSC CGL exam is conducted by ssc every year for recruitment in different posts under government of india.The notification for 2015 exam is out and the eligibility as per that is.
1.You must have completed your graduation from any recognized university on or before 1st august of 2015.
2.age limit is variable as per post between 18-27 years.age will also be counted on the 1st of august 2015.
So you can apply for that depending upon the qualification.some post have special qualification if you have them then only you apply.
Thank you
16th May 2015, 02:29 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

SSC CGL exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year to recruit candidates for the various post within India.

** In order to apply for this exam, aspirants needs to pass their graduation from any institute listed by UGC.

** Aspirants are require to possess the age limit of 18 years to 27 years to apply. Age relaxation for the reserved category will be applicable as per government rules.

** Selection is done on the basis of written examination as well as personal interview round, only after qualifying in written examination.

Well the dates are been announced for this year examination (2015) and the important dates which you can note down :

> > Online Application Form starts from : 1 St May 2015

> > Last Date to apply : 1 St June 2015.

> > Date Of Examination : 9th and 16th August 2015.

For applying SSC CGL 2015 you can visit this page : http://ssconline.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?