24th September 2012, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for TET after scoring 40% in B.A

I have only 40% in B.A. Bt 60% in B.ed frm jammu univrsity...plzz tell can I apply for tet?

16th July 2015, 12:01 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for TET after scoring 40% in B.A

No, you are not eligible to apply for the TET exam .

The full form for TET is Teacher Eligibility Test.

TET is an entrance test for those candidates who wishes to become a teacher.

The TET test is conducted by both Central government and State Government of India.

The eligibility criteria required to appear for TET exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate who wishes to apply for class I-V should have Senior Secondary exam with at least 50%(45% for reserved category) marks.The candidate who are in the final year of their diploma can also apply for the examination .

-The candidate who wishes to apply for class VI-VIII should have Graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.There is relaxation of 5% marks for backward categories candidates

-The candidate age limit should be from 21 years to 37 years . Relaxation in upper age limit is provided to OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

TET Entrance exam is divided into 2 papers. Paper I is for Class 1 to 5 and Paper II is for class 6 to 8.

Syllabus for Paper I:

Child development and pedagogy

Language I

Language II

Mathematics

Environment studies

Syllabus for Paper II:

Language I

Language II

Mathematics

Science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?