9th January 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering?

i'm doing final year BE automobile engg,
i can i apply for IES Exam?

10th January 2011, 11:10 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering?

yes, you are eligible to appear for IES but u must in age group of 21-30 yrs.
10th January 2011, 12:04 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering?

the eligibility criterion to apply for UPSC IES examination is you should have graduation degree from a recognized university.

in the final year of BE you don't have graduation degree. you have to study this year to complete your graduation. so after completion of your final year you will be able to apply for UPSC IES examination.

next year apply for IES examination. before that check automobile engineering students are eligible for IES examination or not. visit the UPSC website for details.

best wishes.
10th January 2011, 12:31 PM
vikul

Smile Re: Can I apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering?

dear friend
since you have not completed your graduation yet.you cannot apply for UPSC IES examination.The eligibility conditions can be checked by clicking on the given below link

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notific...es2008/ies.htm

ALLL THE BEST
10th January 2011, 02:06 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering?

Hello dear,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for UPSC IES exam if you are currently studying your Final year study because in UPSC exam only thous applicant sit who has there Bachlore degree from any recognized college

So I suggest you to first complete your degree then apply for UPSC IES exam

Detail about UPSC IES exam :-

* UPSE IES exam need only 50 %marks in there written test.
* Need general study and general science..

Good luck.........
10th January 2011, 02:33 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

It is better you complete your graduation before you apply for the upsc. Now just concentrate on your studies complete it successfully and then apply according to the notification as it requires you to submit the graduation certificate at the time of interview.
10th January 2011, 02:37 PM
mishra245

YES you can apply for the IES exam.
IES eligibility:
you must be graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.
Even final year student can also apply for the IFE exam.
10th January 2011, 03:01 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hello friend,
yes as our senior member says the educational qualification for ies exam conducted by UPSC is graduate degree from government recognised university,so you can apply for this exam.
ALL THE BEST.
10th January 2011, 03:34 PM
babydoll

Hello,
No, you are not eligible for the IES exam during the final year of engineering as the minimum criteria for the IES exam is graduation from any recognized university.
So you have to study one more year for applying into the IES examination.
Best wishes....
10th January 2011, 05:05 PM
rks_estate

Hi,

Yes, final year students are eligible for UPSC IES exam.

And aggregate percentage of all the years will be 65 % Marks.

Good Luck ....... Apply for the exam
10th January 2011, 05:54 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
ies exam is conducted by upsc.at first you have to complete your programme then you will be able for this exam.for more detail go here-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/ies2008/ies.htm
10th January 2011, 07:30 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know first you have to complete your B.E. After completion of B.E you you can apply for the UPSC IES examination.
good luck..............
10th January 2011, 10:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If You have Completed Your Graduation And You have a Degree From a Recognised Universitites Or Colleges, Then You are Eligible to Appear in UPSC IES Exams.

But Make Sure that You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

Final Year Students are Not eligible to appear in The UPSC IES Exams. After Clear Your BE Exams You can apply. So, Currently You are Not eligible for This exams.

After Completing Your BE, You are eligible to appear In IES Examinations. So, please work hard for that, You can apply Next Time.
10th January 2011, 11:04 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

yes.your eligible for the upsc ies exam.i am attached eligibility criteria.
see that.
best wishes............
Attached Files
File Type: doc IES.doc(44.5 KB, 86 views)
10th January 2011, 11:05 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Final year students can apply for Indian Engineering Services.
They need to furnish the proof that they have passed the qualifying degree exam before actual recruitment.
11th January 2011, 09:32 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Yes final year students can also appear.Basically a degree is required for appearing in exam.

Best Wishes.........
11th January 2011, 03:27 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Yes you are eligible to sit for the exam. You have to go for the Mechanical syllabus to clear the exam as only four branches are feasible to attend the exam: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics.
11th January 2011, 03:49 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

apply for UPSC IES examination during final year of B.E. in Automobile Engineering
the eligibility criterion to apply for UPSC IES examination is you should have graduation degree from a recognized university.
in the final year of BE you don't have graduation degree. you have to study this year to complete your graduation. so after completion of your final year you will be able to apply for UPSC IES examination.
next year apply for IES examination. before that check automobile engineering students are eligible for IES examination or not. visit the UPSC website for details.

good luck
28th January 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

i am student of final year can i apply for uppsc

purushotam singh
4th February 2011, 11:48 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

The UPSC conducts IES examination for the following branches:
1.Civil
2.Mechanical
3.Electrical
4.Electronics and telecommunication

Since you are an automobile enginnering student you can appear for the IES exam with syllabus for mechanical as they are more or less.
Secondly, you are eligible for the exam as final year students who intend to appear for the qualifying exam of graduation to obtain the degree of BE/BTech can apply.

For further details, see the attachment given below.

Also, log onto

www.upsc.gov.in

for detailed info.

I would also like to inform you that the last date of application 7th february 2011, so you need to hurry up.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC 2011.pdf(143.4 KB, 83 views)
15th February 2011, 03:12 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi,
The eligibility criteria for applying for IES exam is that you need to have minimum of degree certificate in B.E from a recognized college under the following course.
1.mechanical engineering.
2.electrical engineering
3.electronics and telecommunication engineering.
4.civil engineering.
Therefore you are eligible for the exam.You can prepare well for the exam and the minimum age that you should attain is between 21-30 years.The examination will be held on May 14th, 2011.The duration of the exam is for 3 days.
15th February 2011, 03:17 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
i am student of final year can i apply for uppsc

purushotam singh
Hi,
IES is conducted once a year by UPSC board for the recruitment of engineers in a government sector and the minimum criteria for this exam is that you need to have minimum of degree certificate in B.E from a recognized college under the following course.
1.mechanical engineering.
2.electrical engineering
3.electronics and telecommunication engineering.
4.civil engineering.
Since you haven't mentioned the course you are doing therefore you if you feel that you have fulfilled the above criteria than you are qualified for the exam and final year students can appear for this exam.
20th August 2011, 06:29 PM
ranips

Hello
automibile engineering graduates are absolutely eligible for IES exam,The age limit sholud be 21-30 years.The IES candidates are recruited thorugh the notification given by UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?