23rd July 2015, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs?

hey...

I did my graduation with 56% aggregate in mechanical engineering and want to start preparing for I.e.s exam..I am a general category student..just having some goosebumps about the % of marks I am carrying...will it effect me in future if I crack I.e.s exam?or if I need job in any government companies?however my last semester results is not out yet...is it necessary to get 1st class in last year? if I am applying in government sector or in I.e.s exam?what are the criteria?do I have any future in government sector or after I.e.s exam?

23rd July 2015, 06:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs?

For UPSC engineering services exam there is no such percentage criteria and you just need a degree to become eligible for this exam. You have mechanical engineering degree which is fine for this exam. Just make sure that you have done it from a recognized institute.

Also, age should be between 19 to 30 years if you are general category candidate. The selection is purely based on the marks obtained in the written exam interview.
23rd July 2015, 07:04 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IES exam . There is no restriction regarding percentage of marks to be secured in Bachelor's degree to apply for IES exam .

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts IES exam every year.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the IES exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering(B.E./B.Tech) from a recognized university or equivalent.

-The age limit for IES exam is from 21 years to 30 years as on the 1st August of the year of the examination.However,there is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 for General candidates under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process is conducted in the three Stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

You have opportunities to apply for PSUs(Public Sector Undertakings) like GAIL, ONGC, BHEL,etc with your qualification .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for jobs in PSUs are as under :-

- The candidate must have graduation degree in B.E/B.Tech/Architecture with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates who are appearing in final year of their degree are also eligible to apply.

-The age limit to apply is from 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in age limit as per the Govt. rules.

- There is no limit for the number of attempts.

-The candidates get selected for these PSUs through GATE exam.

-The selection process involves of written test and interview.
23rd July 2015, 08:46 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year for admission to Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. This year examination has been already completed. Next notification will be published in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment Newspaper.

Eligibility Criteria:

-You must be citizen of India.
-You should have completed Engineering degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
-Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.
-No percentage bar are required to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2015, 09:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

IES - Indian Engineering Services is the examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit the candidates in various government organizations.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be between 21-30 years.

* Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.

* Candidate should have passed graduation (BE, B.Tech) in any engineering stream from any recognized university or institution.

* The candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.

In present days, various government sector organizations recruiting the candidates based on their GATE score. However, some of the PSU companies are conducting written examination to recruit the students.

It is advisable to write the GATE exam for getting job in government sector organizations like SAIL, BHEL, GAIL etc. The eligibility for GATE exam is same as the eligibility for IES exam.
23rd July 2015, 10:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

You have completed B.E in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible for IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

You have also eligible for below given government exams.

1)School Service Commission

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil service exam

4)CDS exam

5)Staff selection commission exam

6)Indian Forest Service exam

7)PSC exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?