18th April 2018, 02:33 AM
Shagufa mirza

Can I become a Police Officer after completing 12th?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard right now. I have a desire to become a Police Officer. So, after completing my 12th, I can apply and become a Police Officer or not? Kindly tell me about this immediately. Thank you!

24th April 2018, 10:25 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become a Police Officer after completing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagufa mirza View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard right now. I have a desire to become a Police Officer. So, after completing my 12th, I can apply and become a Police Officer or not? Kindly tell me about this immediately. Thank you!
To become a Police Officer in India you need to sit for the exam called Indian Police Service Exam which is held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)

Following are the eligibility for the IPS exam that a candidate should possess:

Educational Qualifications: - Candidate should have passed his/her Graduation in any discipline from recognized university.

Age Limit : Candidate minimum age should be 21 years and maximum age for General candidates is 32 years. For SC/ST/OBC is 35 years.

Since, you have only completed your 12th level of study, so right now you cannot apply for IPS exam. But later on once you complete your Bachelor level of study then surely you can apply for this exam.
24th April 2018, 10:25 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagufa mirza View Post
If you want to become a Police Officer, you will have to clear IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is held by Union public service commission (UPSC) every year.

>> The eligibility to appear in the exam in Graduation in any stream. (if you are in last year of your degree, then also you may appear for the exam.)

>> your age should be 21-32 years for a general category aspirant. (Relaxation for reserved category candidate is applicable here)

>> There are 3 steps in the whole process:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Personal Interview

>> After you qualify in the preliminary test you need to appear in the Main Examination, post passing the Main exam, you will have to appear in the Personal Interview and then you may become a Police Officer.
24th April 2018, 11:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For selection as an I.P.S officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree after 12th to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify for all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th April 2018, 09:23 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become a Police Officer after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to become a Police officer, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, being a 12th standard student, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to apply for IPS examination in order to become a Police Officer.
25th April 2018, 04:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You can get recruitment as Police officer after qualifying for Civil Service examination, UPSC CAPF, SSC CPO examination.

The required common educational qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination now. Candidates have to qualify for all the stages for final recruitment.

For UPSC examination notifications visit at www.upsc.gov.in and for SSC visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
26th April 2018, 12:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in police department the required educational qualification is bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates after completion of the bachelor degree will become eligible to appear for Civil Service examination, State Public Service and SSC CPO, examination.

The age limitation and physical criteria varies with examination. So, you need to visit official website to get more details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?