12th August 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

How can I join to become an Officer in Indian Police Service being a 12th Commerce student?

Hello,
My ambition is to become a Police Officer. Right now I am studying in 12th Commerce. I want to join Indian Police Service for becoming Officer. Please tell me what I have to do for this? How can I become Officer?

19th August 2015, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join to become an Officer in Indian Police Service being a 12th Commerce student?

To be eligible to join in Indian Police Service, you must have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. To join in Indian Police Service examination, you must have to appear in Indian Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. By qualifying the entrance examination, you will be called for Personal Interview and Physical Test rounds. By qualifying in all the rounds of the IPS examination, you will be finally selected into Indian Police Service.
20th August 2015, 12:31 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join to become an Officer in Indian Police Service being a 12th Commerce student?

Being a 12th commerce student you are not eligible to apply for " Indian Police Service ". Since to apply for UPSC Civil's you must completed at least graduation whether it is related to "Commerce or any other stream ".

So You need to take good course after 12th. Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for Indian Police Services. But at the time of Interview you need to submit all original documents.

You must fulfill the other requirements like Age and Educational qualifications. Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for Indian Police Services.

Selection Process for Indian Police Services :

<> Written Examination

-- Prelims

-- Main's

<> Interview

<> Medical Examination.
20th August 2015, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My ambition is to become a Police Officer. Right now I am studying in 12th Commerce. I want to join Indian Police Service for becoming Officer. Please tell me what I have to do for this? How can I become Officer?
After completion of 12th standard, you should completed graduation degree become a Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
31st August 2015, 06:32 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

You have Two Options to join in Police Services..

If you want to join with 10+2 then you can apply for Constables, Home guards...

And After the Graduation you can apply for IPS, SI......

For this some Eligibility Criteria...

Age limits:

The candidates must be a citizen of India

The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

Physical test :

Candidate male : height :168cm , Chest : 84cm
For female : Height : 152cm , weight : 47.5 kg

Syllabus :
• General Knoledge
• General english
• Reasoning Ability
• Maths.

Education Qualification:

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

All the Best
19th August 2019, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Where are the jobs available to become a police officer and what is the salary
7th October 2019, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

I want to fill the form of police officer
8th August 2020, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

How can l join to police after 12th commerce students
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?