27th July 2016, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my Branch to ECE after completing Diploma in Computer Science?

Hello Sir, I have completed my Diploma in Computer Science. I want to pursue Engineering in ECE. So Can I change my Branch to ECE after completing Diploma in Computer Science? Is it possible to do so? Please suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change my branch in Diploma engineering or in B.E. after completing Diploma engineering?
  2. Is it possible to change my course from Diploma in ECE to B.Sc Computer Science? If yes then please tell me the procedure?
  3. Change of branch in engineering after completing diploma in ECE?
  4. How to get admission in B.Tech 3rd semester after completing diploma in computer science? What is the
  5. Branch change during diploma to degree transfer?
  6. Can I change the branch after completing diploma in computer engineering to instrumentation engineering?
  7. Can I do B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering after diploma in Computer Science? Is change of stream allowed from diploma to B.E.? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the scope after completing diploma in Computer Science?
  9. Can I change my specialization in B.Tech after completing diploma? -- [New]
  10. Can I change my branch in B.Tech 2nd year after pursuing diploma in ECE branch
  11. Can I change to other subject in M.Tech after completing B.E. in Computer Science branch?
  12. How will the job opportunities if I change to ECE branch after EEE diploma? Is a correct path?
  13. How to change branch from computer engineering to civil engineering for diploma course?
  14. Can I study B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) after completing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  15. Can I change my branch from ECE to CS while in 2nd year?
  16. Can I get my stream changed from ECE to Computer Science in B.Tech through lateral entry? What would be the total expenditure and whether bank will sanction loan for it?
  17. Which courses are the best for me after completing diploma in computer science?
  18. Possiblity to study B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) for Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Diploma student?

30th July 2016, 08:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my Branch to ECE after completing Diploma in Computer Science?

No, it's not possible to change your branch to ECE after completion of your Diploma course in Computer Science.

Being a Diploma holder in Electronics and Communication Engineering, you can get admission only in B.E/ B.Tech ECE course and you can't take admission in Computer Science Engineering course. Candidates who have completed Diploma in Engineering course can get direct admission in second year of B.E/ B.Tech course through Lateral Entry admission process.

To get lateral entry admission in B.E/B.Tech course, you have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) conducted by your respective state board of technical education. If you qualify the LEET examination, you need to participate in counselling process and based on your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.E/ B.Tech ECE course.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?