10th February 2012, 08:34 PM
anirbankhan

Can I do B.E in marine engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering?

can i do BE in marine engg. after completing diploma in electrical engg.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  2. Can I study marine engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  3. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  4. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  5. After finishing Electrical and Electronics Engineering Diploma how can i study Marine Engineering?
  6. What can i do except B.Tech after Diploma in Electrical Engineering? -- [New]
  7. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  8. How to join B.E Marine engineering after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering with 85%? What is the fee structure?
  9. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  10. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How can I go for degree in electrical engineering after diploma in electrical engineering?
  12. Marine engineering after completing BE EE engineering? How to get seats and prepare for entrance exam?
  13. How to join Marine Engineering course after doing diploma in Electrical Engineering? List of colleges offering the course in India?
  14. Can I do B.E in marine engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering?
  15. Can I get admission in marine engineering after studying diploma in electronics and video engineering
  16. How to do B.Tech in Marine Engineering after completing diploma in ETC?
  17. Any tests to be answered to join marine engineering after completing B.E Electrical Engineering?
  18. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
18th December 2012, 10:50 PM
Vishal_13
Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.E in marine engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering?

The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

He should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.

Direct entry to Merchant Navy is also possible - students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets and a student holding a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering could also join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

Direct entry Deck Cadets are required to undergo basic pre-sea training arranged by the recruiting company itself and the direct entry Engineering cadets are preferred to do a Pre-sea course of 9 months duration in Marine Engineering conducted by the MERI.
25th April 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do B.E in marine engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering?

i am a b.tech graduate in electrical engg. i want to join merchant navy .. can any tell whats the forward procedure to it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?