26th September 2011, 01:47 AM
kaniket

What all exams do I have to pass to get admission in reputed university? I am doing Mechanical Engineering

i am doing mechanical engg 3rd year
i want to do marine engg course after ma BE bt outside india
so what all exams shud i need to pass to get admission in a reputed university of marine engg?
even tell me the fee structure if possible....

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Do I need to give any Entrance Exam for this?
  2. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities?
  3. Can I take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering by 82%?
  4. Minimum marks required to do BE after Diploma?
  5. Which one has better job opportunities among M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc in Chemistry?
  6. Competitive exams available to get job in Indian Railway for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year?
  7. How can I study PhD in Chemistry in USA if secured 52% in M.Sc?
  8. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give? -- [New]
  9. Criteria to get admission in good universities of Singapore for pursuing M.Sc? Which exams should I take?
  10. Any reputed university from where i can get admission in p.hd with 53% in m.a.?
  11. How to do FE from reputed college?
  12. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering if got admission in Shridhar University, Pilani? Is this university AICTE or UGC Approved? Can I appear in LEET to study B.Tech after this Diploma course?
  13. How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  14. How to apply for ITI Apprentice exam? Last date of application? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission in reputed engineering college without appearing in any engineering exam?
  16. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA?
  18. Whether TOFEL-GRE is necessary for pursuing higher education in abroad?
1st May 2012, 10:52 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: What all exams do I have to pass to get admission in reputed university? I am doing Mechanical Engineering

dear friend,
It is good to see that you are willing to go for engineering and after completing the engineering you want to go for the UPSC exam .UPSC is one of the most reputed exam in INDIA.
It conduct several type of exam in india.after the qualification of the exam you will be posted several sector in public sector.It also depend on the exam you seat for.as i already said it conduct several exam in a year.
LIST OF TRADE CAN SEAT:
  1. civil engineering
  2. mechanical engineering
  3. electronics engineering
  4. electrical engineering
So you are belong to mechanical engineering then you can seat for the exam conducted by UPSC exam.computer science engineering is not eligible for most of the exam conducted by UPSC.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
  • candiate have to pass 10th from a recognized university with min 60% marks
  • candiate have to pass 12th with physics,chemistry,mathematics and with min 60% marks.
  • or candiate have to pass diploma from arecognized university with minimum 60% marks.
  • candiate have to pass graduation from a recognized university with minimum of 60% marks.

there are some exam from 12th pass with PCM and 60% like NDA.other wiae all exam for the graduate.

Other qualification:
  • candiate must be indian citizen
  • candiate have to more than 21 years old
  • SC/ST has no limit of attempt ,OBC has 7 attempts,General have 4 attempts.

LIST OF EXAM CONDUCTED BY UPSC:
  1. civil service
  2. IFS
  3. IES
  4. Special Railway Recruitment
  5. NDA
  6. DEFENCE
  7. Combined Medical Servic
  8. Selection Officer
  9. Central police force.etc

all the best.......................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?