18th June 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I do CA course after passing 12th with 35%

Week student who passed 12 with 35 percentage can do CA course and what is the procedure of to do CA.

5th August 2013, 09:49 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do CA course after passing 12th with 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Week student who passed 12 with 35 percentage can do CA course and what is the procedure of to do CA.

yes you can do ca , no % is required to apply for ca after class 12th.

as you are telling that you are a weak student you will have to do a extraordinary effort to do ca,

you might be knowing that ca is very tough course considered,

but its not impossible to do,

go for ca cousre only if you can fully devote yourself for studies

,for further query you are welcomed

all the best and do hard work
6th August 2013, 01:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Surely you can apply for the Chartered Accountancy course. But to do so you must not have any compartment in 12th standard. You should first clear it before applying for the Chartered Accountancy.

To apply for CA the students must only complete 12th standard. The marks as well subjects taken in 12th standard do not matter.

What you should do now is register for the Common Proficiency Test. This is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. It is necessary to clear the Common Proficiency Test to proceed further.

The test is conducted in June and December. There are two groups of 2 subjects. You have to score 30 percent marks in each group to clear the Common Proficiency Test. Anything less than 30 percent will mean that you will be required to reappear for the test.

The 4 subjects in Common Proficiency Test are:-

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

After clearing the Common Proficiency Test you will reach the second stage called IPCC. You will register with ICAI for the IPCC course and study for 9 months after which you can appear for the exams.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

You can also register for the articleship along with IPCC. You must complete 30 months of articleship before applying for the final course.
6th August 2013, 06:14 PM
bat cool

Hello

Yes you can do CA after completing 12th with 35% marks
You must have registered for CA course after 10th so that, you can appear the exam after 12th
There is no age restrictions for doing CA course
You can do CA courses after completing degree or post graduation courses also
There are 3 stages in CA to do after completing 12th
  • CPT
  • IPCC
  • Final

all the best
6th August 2013, 07:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
You can go for CA course with 35% in 12th class and to join in CA course you need to appear for CPT exam.But if you opt CA course you need to do very hard work than 12th because CA is much harder than 12th.So,I suggest you to take CA if you can really concentrate and work hard on your studies.
Thank You
6th August 2013, 10:06 PM
Mattyjkk

eligibility for CPT
1. you should have passed your 12thexam and you can also apply if you are awaiting your result
2. your age or % does not matter .you can join CA after 12 exam or graduation
7th August 2013, 11:37 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes Off Course you're eligible to apply for CA Course after Completing you're 12th standard with 35% Percentage of marks. But, you should clear all the subject in 12th standard without any arrears.

Basically, The CA Course is divided into three categories like, Foundation, Intermediate and Final Course.

Being 12th Standard you're eligible to apply for Foundation course. The aspirant should have passed/appearing 10+2 or Equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for Foundation course.

After Completing you're 12th Standard you have to register for the Common Proficiency Test/ Foundation in "Institute of Chartered Accountant of India". Foundation/ CPT is initial stage in Chartered Accountancy course.

So,It is necessary to clear that 12th Standard candidate have to qualified Common Proficiency Test in order to apply for Further levels.

Note:- 12th Standard candidates are not directly eligible to apply for Intermediate course. The candidate who aspiring to apply for Intermediate course then the applicant have to qualified in Under graduation course without any standing backlogs in bachelor degree course from recognized university.

CA is not an easy course and lot of concentration which is needed in CA Course. Applicant must have good knowledge in Accounting and Taxation which is more important of CA profession.

You have stated that, you're an week student. So, I suggest you to develop you Accounting skill and Taxation subjects ie: Income Tax and Law and Sales Tax etc...

Without proper knowledge in Accounting, You didn't able to complete the CA Course.

::Subjects Included in CA Course::
  • Cost Accounting and Financial Management
  • Taxation
  • Advanced Accounting
  • Auditing and Assurance
  • Information Technology and Strategic Management
  • Fundamentals of Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Mercantile Law
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • Accounting
  • Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

::Suggestion::

So, After Completing 12th Standard apply register for the Common Proficiency Test/ Foundation in "Institute of Chartered Accountant of India" and Don't forget to Concentrate and Accounting Subjects ie:- Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Management Accounting and Cost Accounting etc..
7th August 2013, 01:07 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form of CA is Chartered Accountancy.

As you have mentioned above that you are a weak student and have passed 12th with just 35% marks, even then you can apply for the CA course if you don`t have compartment in any subjects in 12th board exam.

If you have compartment , then you need to clear these first then think about this course.

The CA Course comprises of the following :

** CPT [Common Proficiency Test]

** IPCC [Integrated Professional Competence Course]

** Articleship

** Final Course

After 12th , the first thing that you have to do is register for the Common Proficiency Test and have to crack this test.

As only after cracking this test , you can apply further for the IPCC Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted twice in a year in the months of June and December.

The Test is conducted in two sections comprising of 4 subjects to study.

To pass the Common Proficiency Test , you need to score a minimum of 30% marks in both sections.

After passing the CPT , you have to register with ICAI [Institute Of chartered Accountants Of India] for the IPCC Course.

The tenure of the IPCC Course is 9 months which means after 9 months you can give the IPCC Exam , passing which you will be eligible for Articleship.

** In Articleship , you have to work under a professional CA for a minimum of 18 months.

After completing the Articleship , you can appear for the final exam passing which will fulfill your dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
7th August 2013, 02:10 PM
aashima27

yes,you can do CA even if you score 35% aggregate, becouse for pursuing CA you have to clear CPT, and eligibilty for CPT is just 12th pass..

but just keep in mind you should not have compartment in any subjects..

here i m providing you the details regarding CA
There are 2 ways to take admission in CA..
1. through CPT

2. through GRADUATION

if you want to do CA after 12 then you have to go through CPT,

AND if you first do GRADUATION , you will get one relaxation i.e you will directly get admission in IPCC( group-1) , you dont need to go through CPT...

There are 4 stages ...

1. CPT or a graduation degree
SUBJECTS in CPT..

-fundamentals of accounting
- mecantile law
- general economics
-quantitative apptitute

2. IPCC -2
-Paper 1:Accounting
-Paper 2:Law, Ethics and Communication
-Paper 3:Cost Accounting and Financial Management
-Paper 4:Taxation

3. IPCC-2
-Paper 5: Advanced Accounting (100 marks)
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance (100 marks)
Paper 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management
» Section A: Information Technology (50 marks)
» Section B: Strategic Management (50 marks)

To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of both the groups together if attempting both the groups or all the papers of a single group, failing which the student has to reappear in all the papers of that group/groups again.

THEN you have to go through 2.5 years of ARTICLESHIP in a COMPANY OR UNDER A REGISTERED CA...

4.FINAL

Then after clearing all these steps you will be a CA...

all the best
7th August 2013, 06:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

After 12th to become a Chartered Accountant you have to appear in CPT Or Common proficiency Test of CA course.

CPT is Entry Level exam for CA course .

CA conducts Three levels of Exam:

*CPT

* IPCC

* Final CA

Candidates must first Register for CPT exam

After qualifying CPT candidates are applicable for register in Integrated Professional Competence Course or IPCC:

For This stage candidates of Graduation Degree directly apply without giving CPT , but only after this eligibility .

Commerce Graduates Candidates must have 55% marks to Appear .and Non Commerce must have 60%.

After completing IPCC course candidates are allowed to Final CA .

And 3 years of Artificiality Training is Must.

Good LUCK...........................
7th August 2013, 10:56 PM
sah.alok

Hello

YES YOU CAN APPLY FOR CHARTED ACCOUNTANCY COURSE.

There are three stages for doing Charted Accountants in India

1)CPT-Common Proficiency Test
After passing class 10 one can register for CPT,will apply after 10+2 passing.No percentage is required.Only class 10+2 passed is requirement.

Subjects studied
a)Fundamentals of Accounting+Mercantile Laws
b)Economics+Quantitative Aptitude

Minimum pass marks required is 50% in total and 30% in each four section.

2)IPC(Intermediate Professional Course)

Two groups.
Group 1
a)Accounting
b)Business laws,ethics and communication
c)cost accounting and financial management
d)Taxation

Group 2
a)Information Technology and Strategic Management
b)Auditing and Assurance
c)Advanced Accounting

Minimum marks to pass,40% in each subject and 50% in each group.
After passing IPC group 1,a candidate needs to go three year on the job training as audit assistant.

3)Final

After passing two groups of IPC,one is eligible for applying in final.

A 15 days course of GMCS(General Management Communication Skill) course is also mandatory,
8th August 2013, 11:47 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for CA course if you have passed 12th class with any percentage. There is no percentage criteria.

So apply for CPT registration and appear in the examination with good preparation. CPT is Common Proficiency Test which is the first stage for Chartered Accountancy course.

If you pass CA CPT then you will be eligible for the next stage that is CA IPCC. For passing CPT you have to score 50% marks in the exam.

Hence prepare well and qualify this CPT. It is conducted two times in a year in the month of June and December.

Following subjects are there in CA CPT:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Law

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

Thus keep your preparation according to the above subjects.

For registration and other information visit http://www.icai.org
9th August 2013, 12:12 AM
shivam2k6

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Although you are eligible for Chartered Accountant course as there is no percentage criteria but I would not recommend you to go for this course.

This course is considered as one of the most challenging courses and you should choose some easier course.

It will be difficult for you to cope up with the course after getting only 35% in 12th.

Thank you.
9th August 2013, 08:02 PM
inderjeetsunda

Thumbs up Re: Can I do CA course after passing 12th with 35%

Hello Friend,

Percentage of Marks in 12th does not matter in CA Course but 50% Marks is required in CA Exam (In CPT, IPCC & Final) and you have go through predefined method to complete CA course.

All The Best
15th August 2013, 06:18 PM
sreenivas 44

HELLO

I have passed 12th with just 35% marks, even then you can apply for the CA course if you don`t have compartment in any subjects in 12th board exam.
CPT [Common Proficiency Test]

The CA Course comprises of the following :

Final Course

Articleship

IPCC [Integrated Professional Competence Course]
9th June 2017, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Can take cpt coaching while doing my PG and can I appear exam am studying in final Year B.SC (PCM)
26th May 2023, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I scored 44 percent in 12th board but I want to do btech is it possible ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?