11th April 2016, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering to be eligible for doing aerospace engineering in future?

Can we do poly technique in mechanical engineering for doing aerospace engineering after that?? What is the minimum criteria required for the same? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and scope of Aerospace Engineering course for Diploma Mechanical student? List of colleges in Delhi?
  2. How to do masters in Aerospace Engineering after passing 2nd year mechanical engineering
  3. Can I study B.Tech in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  4. How to do MS in Aerospace Engineering after B.E in mechanical engineering? What to do to get a seat in US?
  5. Procedure, list of colleges, total expenses and course duration of Diploma in Aerospace Engineering for 12th student? Starting salary for diploma Aerospace Engineer?
  6. Admission in Aerospace Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I do Aerospace Engineering after B.E in computer engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from IGNOU? Should I get admission in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) in any Government college after this Diploma course?
  10. Guidelines to get admission in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering final year student?
  11. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for MS degree in Mechanical Engineering after doing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  14. Is it better to take aerospace engineering after Mechanical engineering?
  15. Is it possible to do MS in Aerospace Engineering after Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Is there any difference between Mechanical and Aerospace engineering in bachelor's degree?
  18. Can a Mechanical Engineering student study M.E in Aerospace Engineering?
12th April 2016, 02:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering to be eligible for doing aerospace engineering in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can we do poly technique in mechanical engineering for doing aerospace engineering after that?? What is the minimum criteria required for the same? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.
No, diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidates are not eligible for B.Tech/B.E in Aerospace Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from a recognized university are eligible for B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
12th April 2016, 05:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering to be eligible for doing aerospace engineering in future?

Aeronautical engineering deals with the manufacturing of the commercial and military aircraft like fighter jet, jet plane ,helicopter etc.

There are several technological universities including the IITs that offer courses in aeronautical engineering both at undergraduate and post-graduate level in India.

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths or equivalent qualification with a fairly high percentage of marks in the aggregate for B.E/B.Tech degree in aeronautical engineering.
12th April 2016, 06:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not do bachelor's degree in Aerospace engineering if you have done diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates from diploma in mechanical engineering can only apply for B.Tech in Mechanical enginering.

*For this, you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance test or Joint Entrance exam main for admission in good college for degree in mechanical engineering. Through LEET, you will get direct admission in second year of engineering.
13th April 2016, 10:16 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course Aerospace engineering can be pursued after completing Diploma course.

But for this, you need to qualify Lateral Entry Exam to get directly admission in 2nd year of Bachelor course.

Most of the Aerospace colleges have been established in Southern part of India.

Note that you cannot get admission into IITs on the basis of Diploma course.

You will have to clear JEE Advanced Exam to get entry to IITs.

Some of the top institutes for Aerospace Engineering are:
  • Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
  • Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Ranchi.
  • Mohammad Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
  • Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
  • Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  • Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
  • Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy,Bangalore
  • Institute of Aviation Technology, Haryana
  • Anna University, Chennai
  • Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore
  • Park College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, (Tamil Nadu)
  • School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
  • VSM Aerospace, Chelekere Village (Near Kammanahalli), Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai
  • Bangalore Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna

After the completion of your course, you can be recruited into posts like:
  • Manufacturing of aircrafts
  • Construction of aircrafts
  • Testing purposes such as efficiency testing, flight testing, etc.
  • Investigation purposes such as airplane crashes, impact on environment, etc.
  • For the job of light controllers or air traffic controllers.
  • Design purposes such as airframe design, engine design, etc.
  • Maintenance of aircrafts
  • Functioning of aircrafts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?