17th July 2012, 09:55 AM
hpatel7363

Can I do Masters in USA after finishing BCA from Pune in India? Procedure and entrance exam which I should take?

Hello This is Himanshu
I am in USA right now and i have green card.
I have finished BCA from Pune in india.

Can i do master in USA?

what is the procedure and what entrance exam should i take?

29th July 2012, 08:29 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: Can I do Masters in USA after finishing BCA from Pune in India? Procedure and entrance exam which I should take?

Dear Himanshu,

The common requirement to do Masters in the U.S.A. is that you should have completed at least 4 years of Bachelor's degree in any field.

To apply for colleges, you must take an entrance exam called GRE-Graduates Record Examination. Based on your score, you can apply to various Universities.

It is also mandatory that Indians need to take another exam called TOEFL-Test Of English as a Foreign Language. These scores also need to be submitted along with your GRE scores.

All the best!
29th July 2012, 08:34 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: Can I do Masters in USA after finishing BCA from Pune in India? Procedure and entrance exam which I should take?

you can only pursue a degree program in USA and for any Masters program you need 16 years of education. You cannot pursue a Diploma/Certificate program in US as you would not get student visa for it.

So we suggest you to pursue a diploma or MS program in India which is a one year program. After completion of the program you will be eligible to pursue MS in US.
30th July 2012, 06:02 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

there is a varsity of programs in the field of computers that align with the traditional Masters in Computer Application in India. Please note, the degree title often varies in every location and in such situation it is often recommended you go through the program structure and assess the one that closely meets with your interest and taken you closer to your career goals. Your graduation definitely is considerable since the universities are more keen on the curriculum rather than the title. however, since you have earned a three years Bachelors degree, it is recommended you opt for locations where the same is acceptable unlike locations like USA, Canada etc. where a four years Bachelors degree is considered as the minimum academic qualification to pursue a Masters degree.

Now a Masters in Computer Applications generally include curriculum on development of application software in diverse areas for various organizations rather than designing computer hardware and systems software which is of interest to engineering stream in computer education and hence as a student you can explore several focused areas of study in the field likes in other such as, System Management, Development, Engineering, Application Software, Internet, Trouble Shooting, Software Development, Networking and Hardware Technology etc. MCA is more inclined towards the Application Development and thus has more emphasis on latest programming language and tools to develop better and faster applications and while making the choice of the universities you may consider this aspect as well.

Also, since you have approached us , I would like to inform you we offer counseling services for higher education abroad where we take care of the entire application proceeding starting from the short listing of universities, working on necessary documents and visa proceedings as well. In case you wish to have a word with one of our counselors with regard to the same, you may drop your details in the link below :

Counseling Services

For further queries you may email me at [email protected]

Good luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?