18th January 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in finance after scoring 48% in graduation?

i want mba in finance but my graduation percentage is only 48% can ido mba in finance

31st January 2012, 08:20 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA in finance after scoring 48% in graduation?

Yes dear,

You are absolutely eligible for MBA in Finance.

Now you have to decide two things:

How you want to do: Regular or Correspondence (better to do it in regular)

from where: I mean from which institutes.

To study it from IIM, you have to sit for CAT, to study it from XLRI you have to sit for MAT, to study it from other top colleges of India like IMS Ghaziabad, BIMTECH, you have to sit for MAT.

Other MBA entrance exams are: GMAT, JMET, MAH CET, ATMA etc.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CAT: A graduation degree in any field with minimum 50% marks. 45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates.

ELIGIBILITY FOR MAT: A graduation in any field from a recognized university.

Final year students can also apply.

So dear, if you belong to SC/ST, then you are eligible for CAT. And you are absolutely eligible for MAT.

After cracking those exams, you can ofcourse do MBA in Finanace. Finance has a good scope in insurance companies, banks, stock markets etc.
5th April 2012, 12:14 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want mba in finance but my graduation percentage is only 48% can ido mba in finance
You have sore very low percentage of marks in your graduation , So It's very difficult to get admission for MBA course in reputed colleges . But your eligible to apply for MAT and GMAT Examination , Because this Entrance Examination not require Minimum percentage of marks . So, After completing your graduation course . You may apply for MAT Examination . If your crack the MAT Examination with good percentage of marks then you may having chance to get admission for MBA course in reputed colleges. There are so many MBA colleges in India Accepting MAT Score card .

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and the duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester . There are lot of specialization available in MBA course . You may choose any one of the specialization in which your have Interested ( ie :- Marketing Management , Banking Management , Logistic Management , Human Resources Management )

The Eligibility Criteria for MBA course is differ from Institution to Institution .

If your interested to apply for MBA course then you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline with Minimum 60% percentage of marks from recognized university . The Relaxation will be given to sc/st candidate for 5% percentage of marks . You have to crack the CAT / MAT / GMAT / XAT Examination with good percentage of marks . The Admission for MBA course is based on the Performance in Entrance Examination and Interview which is conducted Institution .

To apply for CAT Examination you should complete Bachelor degree with minimum 50% percentage of marks then only your eligible to apply for Examination and there is no Minimum percentage of marks require for MAT Examination, If your qualified in Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for the Examination .

So, If your really Interested in MBA course then please apply for MAT Examination , If your crack the MAT Examination with good percentage of marks . The Definitely you may get admission for MBA course .
5th April 2012, 02:13 PM
bablucena9

hi,
You can do mba in finance after gradution with 48%.
You can apply mat entrance exam to do mba.
keeping work hard
5th April 2012, 02:16 PM
pranavforu

Smile Re: Can I do MBA in finance after scoring 48% in graduation?

Yes dear,

You are absolutely eligible for MBA in Finance.
Now you have to decide two things:
How you want to do: Regular or Correspondence (better to do it in regular)
from where: I mean from which institutes.
To study it from IIM, you have to sit for CAT, to study it from XLRI you have to sit for MAT, to study it from other top colleges of India like IMS Ghaziabad, BIMTECH, you have to sit for MAT.
Other MBA entrance exams are: GMAT, JMET, MAH CET, ATMA etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CAT: A graduation degree in any field with minimum 50% marks. 45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
So dear, if you belong to SC/ST, then you are eligible for CAT. And you are absolutely eligible for MAT.
After cracking those exams, you can of course do MBA in Finance. Finance has a good scope in insurance companies, banks, stock markets etc.

Thank you.
5th April 2012, 02:54 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

yes,you can do MBA in finance with the percentage of 48% in graduation. But you can get the good rank in ICET entrance exam for MBA.
5th April 2012, 03:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MBA-MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a post Graduation Degree course of three year duration. To purse MBA one has to appear for entrance exam like CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT etc. after Graduation in any stream.

CAT-Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management), the candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks, is eligible to apply for CAT for admission to MBA.

As you have scored 48% in Graduation, you are not eligible to apply for CAT but you can apply for MAT(Management Admission Test) conducted by IMA Which has no percentage of marks criteria for application to MAT.

So as you are interested for MBA, You should apply for MAT and after successfully cracking the entrance exam with good rank, you shall be admitted to MBA course.
8th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

what is tha scope of m.b.a
26th April 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in finance after scoring 37% in graduation?
30th April 2012, 04:57 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

CAT-Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management), the candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks, is eligible to apply for CAT for admission to MBA.from where: I mean from which institutes.To study it from IIM, you have to sit for CAT, to study it from XLRI you have to sit for MAT, to study it from other top colleges of India like IMS Ghaziabad, BIMTECH, you have to sit for MAT.Other MBA entrance exams are: GMAT, JMET, MAH CET, ATMA etc.
7th June 2012, 08:07 PM
ira02

Hi
how different is MAT from CAT/CET?and how can a person study for MAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
MBA-MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a post Graduation Degree course of three year duration. To purse MBA one has to appear for entrance exam like CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT etc. after Graduation in any stream.

CAT-Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management), the candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks, is eligible to apply for CAT for admission to MBA.

As you have scored 48% in Graduation, you are not eligible to apply for CAT but you can apply for MAT(Management Admission Test) conducted by IMA Which has no percentage of marks criteria for application to MAT.

So as you are interested for MBA, You should apply for MAT and after successfully cracking the entrance exam with good rank, you shall be admitted to MBA course.
19th April 2014, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

I hav scored 46% in graduation and got 90%tile in mat.. Plz help.. Suggest some good reputated colleges where i can apply for..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?