23rd April 2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after passing B.A?

After B.A can i do M.C.A..could u please tell me whether can i do it

24th April 2012, 11:44 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after passing B.A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After B.A can i do M.C.A..could u please tell me whether can i do it

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and It's an Master degree . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

The Eligibility Criteria for MC course is differ from Institution to Institution .

To apply for MCA course you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline ( ie:- Science / Commerce / Arts / Engineering ) from recognized university . You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks . You should have Mathematics as Main Subject in 12th standard or Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for MCA course .

But Institution may also give admission for Mathematics subject . So, you having Chance to get admission for MCA course. But First preference is given to candidate who studied Mathematics subject in 12th and Bachelor degree . The candidate may easily get admission for MCA course .

The Admission for MCA course is based on the Entrance Examination and Bachelor Degree score . If your good percentage of mark in Entrance Examination then you get admission for MCA course .

Entrance Examination :-

-All India MCA Entrance Examination
-Velore Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
-Integrated Common Entrance Examination
-National Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

Every Institution may conduct entrance Examination before admission . There will allot the Admission according to the performance in Entrance Examination . To apply for this Entrance Examination you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . The candidate who are waiting for the result for Bachelor degree may also eligible to apply for this course .

The MCA Entrance Examination Based on the Mathematics and Reasoning Ability . So, I suggest to go through the various mathematics books and Reasoning Ability Books . So that you may crack the MCA Entrance Examination with good percentage of marks .

Top MCA Colleges in India :-
  • Vellore Institute of Technology
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • Delhi University
  • Aligrah Muslim University
  • Banaras Hindu University
  • Sikkim Manipal University
24th April 2012, 12:42 PM
vickydhupia2010

hi
the eligiblity for MCA is
Eligibility Criteria

Should be passed wth 50% in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level.
OR
Should be a passed with 50% marks in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects.

(for more details check www.hscs.org website for Admission through Online Central Counseling to be organized by the Haryana State Counseling Society, Panchkula)

ELIGIBLITY FOR BCA
should be passed with 50% marks in 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects (As per Kurukshetra University Norms). The admissions will be done purely on merit basis. The applications will be sorted and on the basis of %-age of marks the admissions will be done.

so you can do MCA after B.A
thank you
all the best
24th April 2012, 12:54 PM
bablucena9

hi,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and It's an Master degree . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

o apply for MCA course you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline ( ie:- Science / Commerce / Arts / Engineering ) from recognized university . You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks . You should have Mathematics as Main Subject in 12th standard or Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for MCA course
good luck
24th April 2012, 02:50 PM
umathkavi

MCA is a masters program of 3 Years.

Eligibility Criteria:
You should have passed with atleast 50% marks from any recognized University and obtained a Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level.
OR
You should have passed with atleast 50% marks from any recognized University and obtained a Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subject.
21st July 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

hai i am studying in b.com(ca) degree but there is no maths in this degree but statistics paper is given will i study m.ca in this degree
17th August 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

hi i am studying ba2nd year from gndu after my BA degree i want to do mca. i have done my 10 2 in non-medical.
16th March 2013, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have done b.a. I got 55% in b.a. Now i want to do mca. Am i eligible for mca. I have maths in 12th. Please suggest me.
28th August 2013, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it a good idea to go for MCA after BA Program(ECo Maths), pls suggest?
1st October 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

I complete b.a. economics with a 48% I want to professtionL degree please suggest me.
3rd October 2013, 05:45 AM
ramajb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I complete b.a. economics with a 48% I want to professtionL degree please suggest me.
no you are not eligible for mca.
4th January 2016, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi

Can i do MCA after done by BA from Delhi university but i don't have Math in 12th..??
8th March 2016, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi

Can I do MCA after done my BA(Art) from Delhi university but i don't have Math in 12th.

Please suggest.
22nd April 2016, 10:37 PM
sah.alok932

MCA stands for Master Of Computer Application ,a course which is done after
BCA-Bachelor of Computer Application.

A three year Post Graduation in computer application is basically for science students.
It is mandatory to study BCA after intermediate to go for MCA.
One can not study MCA after having a degree in Arts.
Arts along one can opt for Master of Arts after B.A but not for MCA.
In order to study MCA one need to study again BCA after B.A,then apply for MCA,a very tough way to go.

Hence it is almost impossible to switch from Arts to Science stream later although vice-versa is very much possible to achieve.
21st May 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Hii..

I am student of BA 2nd year but after graduation I want do MCA and 10 2 not subject maths But presently I study in coaching of BCA. So I knowledge about BCA but my graduation degree in BA strem.
So please suggest me can I do MCA?
13th June 2018, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I dont have the math in 12th , i have complete my graduation (B.A) art from D.U. can i do the MCA ? Or i can do any other graduation technical degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?