15th July 2012, 10:45 PM
Yash.8000

Can I be eligible for IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 50% marks in TYB.Com?

Dear sir I have done 50% marks in ty bcom but not in fy and sy bcom so can I eligible for ahmedabad IIM
thanks
regards
Yash

3rd January 2013, 06:30 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 50% marks in TYB.Com?

If you want to apply for the IIM than you have to appear in the IIM conducted CAT exams.
This is the
Competitive exam conducted to fill seats in the IIM and many other colleges also use CAT scores to shortlist candidates for the GD and Interviews

ELIGIBILTY for the CAT exams:
Graduation pass with Minimum 50% marks in aggregate

Next CAT exam will be held in October 2013
Notification for this will come out in July 2013

So, you can fill the forms and apply for the CAT exams.

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in this Exams:
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
3rd January 2013, 08:18 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 50% marks in TYB.Com?

I'm sorry, you can't make up to the IIm Ahmedabad with this percentage in your b.com level. Because only clearing CAT and scoring a good percentile is not the only thing required. These days, the CAT score is only 30-50% weightage in order to get into IIMs. You need to be consistent through out your academics in order to get a call for interview from IIM. But dont lose hope, IIM is not the everything in management. There are many private and other government colleges, which offeR high packages.
Gud luck.
20th May 2013, 01:56 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

hi

You should have aggregate marks in graduation as 50%+.

Since your first year and second year marks are less then 50%, your aggregate is also less then 50 percent and thus you are not eligible to appear for CAT.

For getting into IIMs, you need to be good in your 10th, 12th, graduations.

You can appear for other mba entrance exam which doesnt have such barrier, or you can go for such colleges which takes direct admission

all the best
16th July 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I am b.com f.y student my question is are b.com students allowed to enter IIM or only bba students are allowed?
And if b.com students are allowed then shall i start preparing for CAT from right now?
1st August 2013, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 60% in my 10 th class,70% in 12 nd 49.15% in my graduation ,m i eligible to giv cat exams?
1st May 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Wat is d qualifications needed to take admission in iim n Wat r d procedure for admission
18th May 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIM Ahmedabad without appearing cmat exam?
30th December 2014, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 58.83 in my 10th class74.62 in 12nd 58.5 in my graduation,m i eligible to get admission in IIM Ahmedabad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?