12th December 2012, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 65% marks in 12th standard

i have 65% marks in 12th standard, 60 % marks in be , can i get admission in iim ahamadabad

13th December 2012, 08:09 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 65% marks in 12th standard

Yes, you can get admission in IIM Ahmadabad after Graduation if you will crack its entrance exam called as CAT with good score provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to post Graduation MBA(Master of Business Administration) course.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks(45% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

For more information you nay log on to http://www.catiim.in
13th December 2012, 08:22 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 65% marks in 12th standard

Hi dear.......

IIM provides MBA course which can be done after graduation because it is a post graduate course , to study in IIM Ahmadabad you have to appear CAT entrance exam & crack the exam with a good rank then only you can take admission .

CAT exam details..

For more details..
http://www.catiim.in

The other College which also comes under CAT score.......

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Institute of Rural Management Anand

Xaviers Labour Relation Institue Jamshedpur

Management Development Institute Gurgaon

Indian Institute of Management Indore

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi

Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai

International Management Institute New Delhi

Faculty of Management Studies Delhi

Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies Mumbai

Good luck.............
13th December 2012, 12:30 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have 65% marks in 12th standard, 60 % marks in be , can i get admission in iim ahamadabad
Dear,

IIM Ahamedabad is one of the most reputed MBA colleges in India. All the students who want to go for MBA dream of getting admission in this college. It has great value not only in India but even outside India.

To get admission in any IIM not only Ahemedabad you are required to qualify CAT with really good percentile and rank. 98 Percentile or above will make you eligible to take admission in IIM ahamedabad. 12th marks are not the criteria but yes since you have above 60% in 12th you are eligible to write CAT and to take admission in MBA courses.

After 12th go for your graduation first like B.com, BBA, BBM etc and then you can write CAT for taking admission in top MBA colleges for MBA.

CAT is really a tough exam that focus mainly on your aptitude skill and analytical ability. It judge a person to have capability to become a good manager in future. If you qualify CAT with good percentile you will be called for group discussion round by the colleges and if you qualify that you will get the admission.

Best of luck!
13th December 2012, 07:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in IIM then you have to crack CAT with a very good score.

The marks obtained in 12th and Graduation are not counted for admission into IIMs.

CAT is Common Admission Test for admission into MBA course in IIM and other institute of India offering MBA.

Most of the colleges ask for CAT score for admission into MBA course.

Hence if you want to get admission into IIMs then you have to give CAT and qualify with a competitve score so that you are ahead of others.

There is very tough competition for IIMs and those who have very exceptional score in CAT only get admission into IIMs.

Hence be prepared for CAT . Best of luck..

For more information on CAT visit http://www.catiim.in
13th December 2012, 11:14 PM
ibadsyed

Quote:
Hi, IIM Ahmedabad is the most prestigious MBA institute in India. For getting admission in this institute you have to write CAT exam and should obtain a very high score.

As you said that your academic scores are low, well these can be compensated by a good score in CAT. Prepare hard for the entrance test and target 99+ percentile. That will compensate for your low acads and you mat receive a call for GD/PI.

Similarly perform extremely well in GD/PI and you may receive a final admission call.
13th December 2012, 11:45 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I get admission in IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 65% marks in 12th standard

Quote:
Hi

I think you are confused on what you are wanting to ask. IIM is the Indian Institute of Management which provides MBA - Management in Business Administration course to the students. This is a full time 2 year POST GRADUATION COURSE.

But right now you are only a 12th pass! So YOU CANNOT TAKE ADMISSION DIRECTLY IN THE IIM's, instead at first you have to take up some graduation course from any recognized college or university in India by UGC. It should be a minimum 3-4 years graduation course.

This is because MBA is a post graduation course and the minimum eligibility criteria to do this course is that the candidate should be atleast a GRADUATE. So once you pass out of your Class 12th, like you have got 65% marks, so based on this marks you have to take admission in some graduation course from any university. After successfully completing it without having ANY backlogs, you would have to apply for the CAT.

CAT - Common Admission Test. This is again organized and conducted by the IIM's every year for the purpose of selection of candidates for the MBA courses in them and other colleges as well all over India.
You have to score very very high in this exam and get 99 percentile and above to get a seat in IIM Ahmadabad !
So this is the procedure that you have to follow..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
9th January 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I got 65% in Cat 2012 . I am graduate in production be with 69% in 2012. can i get an admission for mba with this result ?
9th February 2013, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the min marks i have to score to get adms in any IIM for mba
16th February 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

sir...i scored 73% in my class 12 and 57% in my graduation.do i still have chances to make in to iim's????...
19th March 2013, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

If less than 70% in 12th, still I will get an admission in IIM-A
6th April 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

do i need to do bba from a top university to get into iim..??/

i repeat my question........is bba from correspondence or bba from a top university matters for getting into iim..??
6th April 2013, 09:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
do i need to do bba from a top university to get into iim..??/

i repeat my question........is bba from correspondence or bba from a top university matters for getting into iim..??
Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Even if you do Graduation in any stream, you can get admission in IIM.

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests

After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

CAT exams are held in Month of October and November.

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
13th May 2013, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

dear sir can i got addmission in iim ahemdabad in mba i have 45 percent in 10th,54 percent in 12th and 50 percent in graduation ?
20th May 2013, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my inter with 75% and b.tech with 75%, but I had some backlogs in b.tech. Now I have cleared them can I get admission in iim's
20th May 2013, 12:46 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

With 45% in 10th, 54% in 12th and 50% in graduation, I don't see any chance for you to get selected for IIM A.

IIM A is the top most institute of Management in India and there is a huge competition for it. 10th, 12th and graduation marks plays very important role in not only getting a call from the IIM but also in final admission.

But I would still advice you to appear for CAT and try to get very high marks as other IIMs or other colleges will take you.

All the best
27th May 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Hey
I scored 85% in my 10th and i got 50% in 12th and 82% in my graduation can i get into any of the IIMs?
27th May 2013, 11:10 AM
RainbowFlower

Hey!

I got a score of 85% in my 10th and 50% in 12th and 83% in my graduation do I have a chance to get admission in any of the IIms?
29th May 2013, 04:08 AM
Unregistered

hey
I got a score of 83% in my 10th and 70% in 12th and b.e with 74% but I had some backlogs in b.e. Now I have cleared them can I get admission in iims ? .
29th May 2013, 04:14 AM
rj02

hey
I scored 85% in my 10th and i got 70% in 12th and b.e with 75%, but I had some backlogs in b.e. Now I have cleared them can I get admission in iim-Ahmedabad?
29th May 2013, 07:34 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hi!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.I.M after passing B.E with 60% marks.
For admission in I.I.M you have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad.

You have to qualify Common Admission Test.

C.A.T exam is conducted for admission in top B.-School in India.

For C.A.T you have to pass any graduation with minimum 50% mark.
There is no age limit for exam.

GOOD LUCK!
30th May 2013, 09:48 AM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

Am very sorry to say that you can't be eligible for IIM's

In IIM's only post graduations, ph.d courses are offered

No bachelor's degree's are offered

So after completing degree you can join IIM's for MBA

The admission process is through CAT exam score card

List of IIM's :

1. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Ahmedabad
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Bangalore
3. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Calcutta
4. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Indore
5. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Kozhikode
6. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) - Lucknow
7. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) - Shillong
8. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) - Ranchi
9. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Rohta

all the best

Attachment 137760
Attachment 137761
5th July 2013, 11:32 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To study in any one of the IIM's you need to sit for CAT exam which is an All India MBA Entrance Exam for pursuing MBA and other management programmes. CAT stands for Common Admission Test (CAT) and this exam is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).

Eligibility:-
  • If you wish to give this exam then you have to be a graduate first.
  • You need to score at least 50% of marks in aggregate if you are a general category candidate.
  • For the SC/ST/PWD Candidates the percentage to secure is 45% of marks in aggregate.
  • If you are a final year student then also you can give this exam.
  • You will be given provisional admission then and you have to show the mark sheets to prove that you have passed successfully at graduation level.
Top Colleges Under CAT:-
  • Acharya Institute of Management, Bangalore
  • Alliance Business Academy, Bangalore
  • Amity Business School, Noida
  • Army Institute of Management, Kolkata
  • Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
  • Department of Management Studies - Christ College, Bangalore
  • Department of Management Studies - NIT Durgapur( Accepts CMAT)
  • Department of Management Studies - NIT Trichy
  • FORE School of Management New Delhi
  • Faculty of Management Studies - Banaras Hindu University
  • Gitam School of International Business, Vizag
  • IIRM Jaipur (Only for Rural Management - accepts MAT)
  • Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata
  • Institute for Technology and Management, Navi Mumbai
  • MIB, Delhi School of Economics, New Delhi
  • N.L.Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
  • National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Jaipur
  • National Institute of Bank Management, Pune
  • PSG Institute Of Management, Coimbatore
Hope this helps :-> :->
15th October 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

when i can apply
3rd December 2013, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

after 12 i want to go to iim ahemdanad .it is possible in iim indore...then should be also in iim ahemdabad..nd where to give exam after 12
28th May 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam.
M currently studying in bsc.it final year and my 10th percentage is 85 and 12th percentage is 71..so cai am eligible for iim a and iim b??? Pls help me..m worried for my future..
29th May 2014, 11:52 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You need to write the CAT exam for getting into IIM. There are three stage entrance exam which includes: Written Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Technically, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) entrance. The Common Admission Test is basically conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management for admissions into the IIMs. There is QA segment for students to check the mathematics. Data Interpretation is another section which is about basic formats in which data can be presented in form of graphs, pie charts, tables. There are Logical Ability questions which are about identifying patterns in the given data set.
16th June 2014, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

My 10th % is 50.8 n my 12th % is 61.2 n in graduation I got 71%... So what are my chances of getting admission in IIMs n others prestigious colleges in the country if I got good percentile in CAT
28th June 2014, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I am in second year of graduation and my marks are really bad..I don't think I can manage to score more than 55% in graduation at any cost..At the beginning I thought to crack Cat so as to get admission in IIM's or in IMT's..but marks are discouraging me..please suggest me should I continue with MBA and prepare for CAT or should I choose some other field for me?? are there any chances for me to get admission in any good college?? Please reply I am really tensed..thank u..
18th July 2014, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

does 10 nd 12th class are also considered in iim along with...if i score 99percentile in cat will i able to get calls from any iim but my 12 % is only 78... plzz rply asap..
16th January 2015, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I got 98.7 percentile in CAT, but only 59% in B.Tech. Can I get into any of the IIMs?
3rd April 2015, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

IS IIM vizag was there functioning right nw if so how much rank have to secure to get an admission in it and please list out the top most coaching centres to place in iim's?
26th June 2015, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

My 10th cgpa is 8.0, 12th-67%, and b.tech -72% then what is the perfect score in gate exam to get in iim allahabad. ..
9th January 2016, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Suppose i get 99 percent marks in cat but my score in 10 is 81 % icse board and 12 is 69% up board.. then there's any chance for being selected in iim ahmedabad...
28th September 2016, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I have done 10th exam with 87% and done 12th with 90% and done graduation by ba

After that can i gat admission in iim.

Plz sir give me reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?