1st September 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I enroll for IMA after passing 12th?

Cai am a student of +2 wants to know that either i can enroll for IMA if yes then how and when can i enroll??
And please tell me the age criteria for the same!!

5th September 2012, 03:06 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I enroll for IMA after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cai am a student of +2 wants to know that either i can enroll for IMA if yes then how and when can i enroll??
Dear Aspirant!

Sure , you can join IMA i.e. Indian Army after passing 12th standard.
IMA-:-INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
There two ways available trough which you can get into IMA as given below..
Through NDA(National Defence Academy)
Through TES(Technical Entry Scheme)

UPSC conducts NDA exam to recruit candidate in Indian Army twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA[IMA]:

-You should have passed 12th standard in any stream from recognized university/board.

-You are eligible for NDA, when you will be in the 12th standard.

-Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years.

-You should be male & unmarried candidate.

For more detail visit:- http://upsc.gov.in

UES is one of the entry scheme organized by Indian defence organization to recruit candidate into Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for UES:

-Candidate should have passed 12th standard with PCM group.

-Candidate must have secured minimum of 70% marks in PCM.

-Candidate's age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

-Candidate must have an Indian citizenship.

-Candidate should be unmarried & male.

For more detail visit:-http://joinindianarmy.nic.in

Physical standard mandatory or IMA:

5th September 2012, 03:07 PM
surajm093

Default Re: Can I enroll for IMA after passing 12th?

Yes ,ofcourse .
Eligibility Criteria for NDA[IMA]:

-You should have passed 12th standard in any stream from recognized university/board.

-You are eligible for NDA, when you will be in the 12th standard.

-Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years.

-You should be male & unmarried candidate.

For more detail visit:- http://upsc.gov.in
5th September 2012, 03:30 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IMA SATNDS FOR INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY.

YOU CAN JOIN IMA INTO TWO WAYS;-
1-NDA
2-TES

Technical Entry Scheme :-

~~ You should have a qualified your 12th with 70% aggregate marks in Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics .
~~ You should have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19.5 .
~~ Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply and Citizen of India .

National Defence Academy :-

~~ You can complete your 12th exam in any discipline and No percentage criteria .
~~ Your age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years .
~~ Male candidates are eligible .

If you want to join Military Academy then you should have a completed your graduate degree in any desire subject of a recognized University . After completing graduate degree then you have to crack the Combined Defence Service Examination
5th September 2012, 04:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

By giving the examination which is conducted by the Union Public Commission for students who wants to get training from National Defense Academy you can enter the Indian Military Academy later. This exam is conducted for twice a year and it is the gateway to the following three wings: Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

In the academy both academic and physical training will be meted out to all the selected candidates and you have to spend the next three years over here. After that you will be given a degree from the Jawaharlal Nehru University and sent to the Indian Military Academy which is situated in Dehra Dun.

NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria:
  • You should be a citizen of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1962 for settling down over here permanently.
  • This examination is only for the unmarried male candidates of India. Therefore girls unfortunately are not allowed to give this exam.
  • Since you want to join the Army wing therefore you need to be a higher secondary passed out student or its equivalent from a recognized institution. You have the option to choose any subject combination at 10+2 level. It is of no vital importance here.
  • But for the students desiring to join the Air Force or Naval wing not only should be a 12th pass out conducted by a recognized board or university but at the same time should have physics and mathematics as their compulsory subject at 10+2 level.
  • Your age should be between 16.5 and 19 years when applying for this exam. There is no age relaxation.

Selection Procedure:

To get finally selected you need to go through three stages of selection. They are as follows:
  • Written Examination
  • Intelligence/Personality Test
  • Medical Test by Service Examination Board

Written Examination:-

It is mainly an objective type test and you will get the option to answer the questions either in English or Hindi. Total 900 marks have been allotted for the exam. 300 marks is for Mathematics and 600 is for the second section called the General Ability Test.

For the mathematics part you can expect questions from mensuration, trigonometry, algebra, geometry, statistics and so on. The General Ability section has been further sub-divided into two parts: English and General Knowledge. For English the maximum marks that will be allotted is 200 and the rest will be for general knowledge section which will be loaded with questions from the following sections: Current Event, General Science, History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry etc.

Intelligence/Personality Test:-

This section carries 900 marks approximately and it is basically conducted to know more to test your mental agility, flexibility and your interest about various issues. They may also quiz you about various contemporary issues too. So you need to keep yourself updated about stuffs happening around you. The session does not stops with the interview only. There is more to it. They will ask you to take part in group discussions and group planning. They might make you do some outdoor tasks as well. All these activities are very important and you should try to leave behind your mark in each and every activity.

Physical And Medical Standard:-

Eye Criteria:-

Generally the first exam is conducted in the month of April-May and the second exam takes place during September-October. To find out about the latest notifications regarding about the NDA Exam keep your eyes on the leading newspapers of India and also on the official website of UPSC. From time to time keep a check on all the information that is uploaded in this site.

NDA Exam Books:

NDA/NA Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Years Question of Mathematics / English / General Ability With Explanatory Solutions
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

NDA/NA Topic-Wise Solved Papers (2002-2011)
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Contact Details:-

Under Secretary (CSP),
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi-110 011.

Hope this helps :-> :->
5th September 2012, 08:28 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

YOU can apply for IMA with the help of COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICE EXAM
CDS exam is conducted by UPSC

DETAIL ELIGIBILITY :

--you must be unmarried male

--born not earlier than 2nd january ,1988 and later than 1st january 1994 are only eligible

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

degree from any recognize university

you can also apply for this exam when you are in final year also ,but you have to attach some proofs like after qualifying exam:

degree of the passed graduation from any field

--you should be citizen of india

--CDS Written exam procedure:

english--2 hrs--100 marks
general knowledge--2 hrs--100 marks
maths--2 hrs--100 marks

---paper will be held in english as well as hindi

--questions will be of objective type

for applying online you should visit:

http://www.upsconline.nic.in

good luck
11th September 2012, 10:45 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

YES OFF COURSE

IMA-:-INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY

ELIGIBILITY

~You should have passed 12th standard in any stream from recognized university/board.

~You are eligible for NDA, when you will be in the 12th standard.

~Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years.

~You should be male & unmarried candidate.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?