3rd September 2012, 11:57 PM
ashu_ndaima

Can I sit for IMA exam after passing 12th with PCM(68.33%)

Sir i am a 10+2 passout with pcm and % 68.33.......can i sit in ima exam ?

4th September 2012, 12:45 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for IMA exam after passing 12th with PCM(68.33%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_ndaima View Post
Sir i am a 10+2 passout with pcm and % 68.33.......can i sit in ima exam ?
Hey friend,

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy

You cannot join in IMA with a qualification of completed +2 as you are not satisfying the needed qualification for it.The reason of why you are ineligible is because of the education qualification which you possess as even if you have completed +2 with 68.33% it does fill up the needed qualification for joining in this force.

As per the education qualification framed for the force by writing the entrance exam it is that you need to have completed a degree from a recognzied university and it can be in any discipline but with a fair percentage in order to be eligible.

As like all other defence forces you need to write the entrance exam for joining in IMA by writing the CDS Exam

This exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year twice as CDS I and CDS II.This exam offers candidates to join in Defence forces of India.

For joining in IMA it is not only that you need to satisfy the education qualification,you should also satisfy the other framed criteira's which are:

> Nationality

> Martial Status

> Age Limit

> Physical Standard

To tell in detail about these criteria's refer below for information

Qualification Needed:

~ The candidate appearing must be a citizen of India

~ The Martial Status for the exam is that you need to be a unmarried male candidate.

~ The age limit needed for joining in IMA is that you need to have 19-24 years of age

~ Apart from all this you need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam

If you tend to satisfy them all then you are eligible for applying for the CDS Exam

Application Procedure:

>> Online

>> Offline

For more information regarding the CDS Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?